PDA

View Full Version : Samba/Ushare and Telnet issue on VU+ DUO

degoosefish
19-02-13, 15:29
HI both my Vu+ Duo s are working fine no issues apart from one. I did have them networked together and I was able to share the hard drives of both duos with each other. However as of late on the network page of both duo's I can't get into UshareNet or Samba to enable or disable.

When I click on Samba it won't let me edit the settings, it flashes on the screen for a second and then says sorry feeds down for maintenance.?

I can use network wizard, browser etc. each box can see each other.

In the network browser I can see all devices that my duo's are connected to yet when I try to expand the host device it won't expand and allow me to mount that location.
Currently running VIX update 600 but it also had this problem with 589. I don't think its an update problem I think it must be something I need to do on the box myself.

I don't know what I have done wrong or is something not right. I can PING the boxes I can FTP the boxes via PC or Laptop but I can't enable Samba or USHARE its very strange.
I have restarted router and switch, done a factory default with vu duo but it doesn't work.

As I said the boxes are working fine independently but I did have them networked together to watch recordings on either box but currently I can't do this and I presume its down to Samba and Ushare not working.

If anyone knows what I am doing wrong I would appreciate a response thanks

mickyblueys
19-02-13, 21:45
I have my boxes networked but I use nfs not samba or ushare.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2