PDA

View Full Version : Since last VIX update(s) I can not mount NAS Drive - on OpenMIPS for the time being

mauri
18-02-13, 21:49
I seem to not be able to mount my LaCie networked HDD, since the VIX latest update (dont remember exactly the build - but it is since a few of the latest builds that I have this bug on my Quad).

Tried Read Team image - but it seemed to buggy - it was freezing on me and/or red screen of death quite often. I did like its boot splash 3D graphics - way too cool. But that was about it actually.

Now I am on OpenMIPS lastest nightly build which seems to be stable and mounts my lan HDD without hassle.

Waiting for VIX to fix this bug. ;)

cheers

Larry-G
18-02-13, 22:02
i have all of my receivers mounted to my nas without problems and i'm using the very latest image build.

mauri
18-02-13, 22:58
i have all of my receivers mounted to my nas without problems and i'm using the very latest image build.

I don't know man what is wrong with my Quad, but I did try to make a clean install, after the Read Team image. But could NOT MAKE Active the share on my Nas drive.
With OpenMIPS I do it normally. :/

I even updated the firmware of my LaCie network 2, but nothing. :(

judge
18-02-13, 23:02
Did you try enabling Samba or NFS on the box?

Larry-G
18-02-13, 23:28
well theres nothing special about my setup it just works.

marty
19-02-13, 13:58
Samba and NFS are both working perfect on my Quad, as Judge said "try enabling Samba or NFS on the box" :thumbsup:

Tried Read Team image - but it seemed to buggy - it was freezing on me and/or red screen of death quite often. I did like its boot splash 3D graphics - way too cool. But that was about it actually.

I agree with you on this!!!!!

BTW it's Team RED :p

eblaster101
20-02-13, 00:01
i have the same problem my samba shares failed to mount after VIX update to 562. I reverted to 390 and my shares were back.

judge
20-02-13, 00:06
i have the same problem my samba shares failed to mount after VIX update to 562. I reverted to 390 and my shares were back.

Have you enabled the required network options?
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network? NFS &/or Samba should suit most set-ups.

stevejd2001
20-02-13, 21:02
i am using dlink nas 320 using nfs shares on build 600 no problem

mauri
24-02-13, 20:51
UPDATE: reflashed today with VIX 600, enabled Samba and NFS, finally my LaCie Network shared drive was active.

Thank you guys for your replies! :)