PDA

View Full Version : dish signal in north east

stuattravs
28-09-10, 11:34
A long shot but is their anyone who could tell me what signal their getting on sirius 4 (4.8 east) in the north east? i seem to be getting 80ish percent on most of the eastern sats but this one just doesnt seem to be clearing only getting around 20-30 percent, just wondering cos i put the dish up myself and wondering whether its aligned properly.

north east england btw

pooface
28-09-10, 11:58
On SVT1, I get a 56% signal, in Midlands...

NRK1 48%
DR1 43%
TV2 Sport 43%

Any others?!

stuattravs
28-09-10, 13:43
On SVT1, I get a 56% signal, in Midlands...

NRK1 48%
DR1 43%
TV2 Sport 43%

Any others?!

what about viasat extra pl 1-4?, they seem to show a lot of epl, im thinking it may be an alignment prob or lnb?

andyblac
28-09-10, 13:55
what about viasat extra pl 1-4?, they seem to show a lot of epl, im thinking it may be an alignment prob or lnb?

i live in County Durham, i get:
Viasat Xtra PL1 = 59%
Viasat Xtra PL2 = 36%
Viasat Xtra PL3 = 38%
Viasat Xtra PL4 = 37%

but as they are encrypted i don't a picture.

andy.

Larry-G
28-09-10, 14:02
depends on the size of your dish. on a few channels i get 80% and thats in durham with a 80 cm dish. however on others i'm lucky to pull in 50%.

for a example look at your local betting shop and see how big their dish is as that's pointing towards 4.8 east.

on tv100 i get 76 %
on espn classic i get 77%
on eurosport i get 77%
and the hallmark channels i get 80 %

stuattravs
28-09-10, 14:11
depends on the size of your dish. on a few channels i get 80% and thats in durham with a 80 cm dish. however on others i'm lucky to pull in 50%.

for a example look at your local betting shop and see how big their dish is as that's pointing towards 4.8 east.

on tv100 i get 76 %
on eurosport i get 77%

well im more or less in between durham and newcastle with a 1m dish so must be something wrong, oh well back up the ladders

andyblac
28-09-10, 14:14

on tv100 i get 76 %
on eurosport i get 77%

there better than i get on my 1m dish, but my dish i getting raised on thursday, as it is getting blocked by neighbors house :)

stuattravs
28-09-10, 15:07
there better than i get on my 1m dish, but my dish i getting raised on thursday, as it is getting blocked by neighbors house :)

just tried moving dish from 13e to 30w hiposat and got no signal at all, im think the mount may not be 100 vertical, could probs do with a pro having a look

andyblac
28-09-10, 15:18
just tried moving dish from 13e to 30w hiposat and got no signal at all, im think the mount may not be 100 vertical, could probs do with a pro having a look

i get 72% on hipsat, make sure your Latitude is set correct on your motor bracket, should be 54˚

stuattravs
28-09-10, 19:17
i get 72% on hipsat, make sure your Latitude is set correct on your motor bracket, should be 54˚

yep settings were defo right on motor and dish, thats whats making me think its the pole, my outer walls are stone rather than brick so it was tricky getting the pole up straight, spirit level looked good tho

andyblac
28-09-10, 19:32
if you want i can PM you, the guy's phone number that is doing my install, he is awesome, he mainly installs motor setup for trade shows etc his usual installs are 2.6m - 3.6m dishes, and he is based in Newton Aycliffe. very qualified. had me up and running in less 30mis :)

my first install spent 3 hours one and 2 hours next day, still could not gt me running :lol:

stuattravs
28-09-10, 19:39
if you want i can PM you, the guy's phone number that is doing my install, he is awesome, he mainly installs motor setup for trade shows etc his usual installs are 2.6m - 3.6m dishes, and he is based in Newton Aycliffe. very qualified. had me up and running in less 30mis :)

my first install spent 3 hours one and 2 hours next day, still could not gt me running :lol:

yes please mate, probs something simple, just hate knowing theres sats out there i should be able to get but can't!

pooface
28-09-10, 20:18
Are you sure there's nothing blocking the view to the satellite?! Since andy is further north than me (and the nordic beams are better the further north you go), he should be receiving a better signal, especially considering mine is only an 85cm dish, and andy's is 1m... But, since he has a house in the way, that's likely why... It's probably blocking part of the signal. So, check that there are no trees in the vicinity or high houses, that could be blocking it...

However, since you say that you can't get 30w, then makes me think it's likely your pole or summat... It needs to be 100 plumb in all directions. Away from the wall, and all other directions...