PDA

View Full Version : Vu+solo wrong image loaded ! RED LIGHT

ellblud
17-02-13, 15:19
Hello i have a friend who is very novice when it comes to computers etc. Long story short he tried to upgrade the vu+solo but used the vu+duo image instead by an accident of course! has his box been completetly killed or is there anyway of fixing this? Any help would be much appreciated many thanks

Stanman
17-02-13, 20:51
Did you try reflashing with the SOLO image?

ellblud
27-02-13, 15:30
Hello sorry for the late reply . Ive tried updating the bootloader and flashing older vix & original images. But the red light just stays nothing happens

Thanks

Larry-G
27-02-13, 16:23
Hello sorry for the late reply . Ive tried updating the bootloader and flashing older vix & original images. But the red light just stays nothing happens

Thanks

Sounds like a corrupted boot partition. There are a few J-tag tutorials about that may or may not help, but this is pretty much one of the few ways you can permanently kill a receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

satmanbasil
28-02-13, 20:45
Hi

If he input the wrong image in the receiver i very much doubt he will be able to follow the jtag instructions best to find a vu dealer with workshop who may undertake the repair.

regards

mcfie
28-02-13, 23:06
is this just a fault in boot partition or just a faulty box.

Larry-G
28-02-13, 23:10
is this just a fault in boot partition or just a faulty box.

If he loaded the wrong image its not a hardware fault but a user created one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mcfie
28-02-13, 23:24
so make sure its for solo2 only,i dont want my box getting fooked,also vix can this be added to any box or just vu.

manicscrewdriver
28-02-13, 23:37
Vix works on quite a few boxes.

The TM-Twin, TM-2T, TM Single, Gigablue Se, UE & Quad, Venton Unibox HD1, Maxdigital XP1000, Vu+ Solo, Duo, Uno, Solo2, Ultimo, Xtrend ET9xx0, Xtrend ET4000, Xtrend ET5000, and the Xtrend ET6000 :D

I think thats all of them for now :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
02-03-13, 08:11
It's not that easy to flash a box with a wrong image: for a starter the name of the folder should match the hardware. So that means one would have to temper with the folders deliberately.
But even if one does so, not much that can go wrong IMHO; either the flash stops prematurely or the box simply doesn't start (a serial log could tell all in that case). Simply flashing a (correct) image should fix any issues.

Of course: if a wrong bootloader has been flashed this is a different case completely.

mcfie
02-03-13, 15:03
im getting better with the lingo now lol,do you realy need wifi with the solo2.
so i get this ordered