PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] Gigablue HD 800 Freeze

qualitycricketer
17-02-13, 01:30
Hi

first post here so please go easy.

I have a gigable HD 800SE its only 3 months old i have never tampered with anythign on the settings as its a second box.

today i had a play through the menus and decided i wanted a new skin off the menu, i choose the vix day one and downloaded it, once downloaded it asked me to resrt enigma.

heres the problem it has never finished the restart since, it just hangs at the openvix blue screen , with the vix symbol on the top left spinning and then dissapearing and then starting spinning again.

i read through the image flashign guide and i have followed the steps there but it still does not start the fresh image install and instead just hangs on this blue screen.

regards

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 05:32
Moved to the correct section.

Sicilian
17-02-13, 06:16
Reflash as per instructions: -

How to USB Flash/Upgrade

1) We recommend formating your USB stick FAT32 using HP USB stick formatting tool HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool)
2) Power off your receiver.
3) Download and extract your chosen image.
4) Extract the image and copy the complete GiGaBlue folder to root of your USB stick. So you will have a file stucture of Gigablue > SE > Flashfiles.
5) Connect to USB port.
6) Power on.
7) VFD will first display USB then CONF, as soon as CONF apprears press OK behind front flap.
8) Wait for image to flash and the receiver to fully reboot. Do not power off.

Make sure you do step 7. Does not sound like the image flashed.

qualitycricketer
17-02-13, 10:57
Hi I have tried the above steps in that manner but it just proceeds to the blue vix screen

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sicilian
17-02-13, 11:26
The flash files must be wrong on your USB stick then. Where did you download from and which image build?

josweet
24-02-13, 23:15
Also make sure that no other USB devise's are plugged in when flashing, as that one got me just recently!