PDA

View Full Version : Black Hole Bootloader

garyblas
16-02-13, 16:49
Hi friend of mine wants to put BH on his solo box ( told him Vix better - but wants BH ) it is completely blank box. Does he have to install a bootloader first before flashing with BH.. The BH version he has only has 2 files, no boot can be seen

Larry-G
16-02-13, 16:50
if it's a brand new box then it likely already has the newest bootloader pre flashed.

garyblas
16-02-13, 16:53
Its not brand new.. Second hand , so assuming no boot on it... I assume bootloader needs loading, either way best to start from scratch.
Where can he get bootloader, i use vix so assume bootloader file is different?

Stanman
16-02-13, 16:57
You can use any bootloader, its released by box manufacturer and not image team.

Larry-G
16-02-13, 17:00
as stanman says the bootloader like the drivers are released by the manufacturer not the image teams, just make sure you use a SOLO bootloader and not the DUO one or you will kill the receiver.

garyblas
17-02-13, 23:43
Thanks guys,

Loaded bootloader but now box appears to be dead...:rolleyes: will reload bootloader .
I'm going to put the Vix image onto his box and see if that works, 1 question

I see in the Solo version of the flash their is a file called "splash_cfe_auto.bin" what does this do as my duo version does not have this file

Rob van der Does
18-02-13, 05:55
The file "splash_cfe_auto.bin" is a splashscreen (the screen that shows in the very first stage of the boot phase). As far as I know the Solo & DUO don't support this. Anyway: you can delete that file from the image folder.