PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

tilleke
16-02-13, 14:57
Vu+ Player for Android

Vu+ Player for Android is now available on Google Play.

It was developed with and for Vu+ users in mind but it should work with any receiver compatibile with Enigma2.

Here are some features:

- Internal video-player with OSD (On Screen Display). No need to download and install external video-player although many others are supported.
- Multiple connection profiles. All receivers on your network can be added
- Browse the EPG and individual channels
- Manage timers (add, edit, delete) either from EPG or manually. This can be done even when away from home
- Search EPG
- Grab screenshots from live TV
- Manage recordings
- Send on-screen messages
- Satellite signal strength meter for dish alignment and adjustment
- Integrated help (English, Italiano, Deutsch)

Some screenshots are attached as well.

If you have any questions, suggestions for improvements, bug-reports etc, please feel free to post them here.

Rgds,
tilleke

Donnie
16-02-13, 14:59
Thanks tilleke, great app and transcoding works great from solo2 to my s3 :thumbsup:

judge
16-02-13, 22:23
Nice app, works great with other E2 boxes too...

irishchris
17-02-13, 02:50
Brilliant app. Have been using dreamdroid up until now but layout and extra controls of this app are perfect

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

swiper
17-02-13, 21:10
Just installed on Nexus 7, easy to set up and looks really good.

gordyboy
18-02-13, 16:22
this is great but just checking i can get all 28 east channels ok on the vu+ duo but when i ty to get something on 13 east no joy error message is unknown media error. Any help appreciated

mcquaim
18-02-13, 16:34
Any plans for an iPhone version?

Donnie
18-02-13, 17:33
There is already a Vu app for IOS but it has not been updated for quite some time.
tilleke may be able to tell you more himself but I do know he only had a contract to work on the Android app.
It would be great if Vu got him involved with upgrading or developing a new one for IOS.

mickyblueys
18-02-13, 18:23
Nice app, however when searching services in the app it does not populate the epg details.

Currently connecting to my vu duo. Running build 600

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BubbleBalls
18-02-13, 19:27
Any plans for an iPhone version?

I have tried the apple version but it crashes - Won't open.
I use e2remote - feature packed.

zola25
19-02-13, 08:13
Thanks for this works fine for me over my wireless network and 4G with my mobile and tablet

shizik
19-02-13, 12:05
how i can change default port in app 8001 ?
great app

tilleke
19-02-13, 12:19
how i can change default port in app 8001 ?
great app

Hmm...Do you mean you have changed 8001 as video-streaming port on your receiver? In this moment, it is not possible to change the standard video-port (8001) in the Receiver-profile. However, it will be added.

Maybe as a work-around - it might work - try enabling Transcoding (even if you don't have a Vu+ Solo2) and change the transcoding-port into the port you want to use.

shizik
19-02-13, 13:25
yes i have changed default port .
will try enabling transcoding and will inform you how is working

gedclarke
21-02-13, 00:26
Nice app, however when searching services in the app it does not populate the epg details.

Currently connecting to my vu duo. Running build 600

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hello, first off great app but I'm getting the same problem. I will try and give as much detail as possible. I am using your app with vu+duo with vix 3.0 build 562. My OpenWebif settings are yes/14402/no/08001/no. All settings are entered correctly in your app as everything except this problem work great.

If I press

Services/Then select any bouquet/ all channels show 'No EPG available'

If I then press on a channel and select EPG there is no data. If I then press Full EPG, I get 'Could not connect to your receiver! Check your connection and/or settings and try again'

This only happens with TV and not Radio for some reason. I can also search the EPG with no problems.

This fault does not happen with the app I previously used to use, Dreamdroid (not gloating just letting you know incase it is of any help to you in sorting the bug out).

Thanks for all your work in making this app and thanks in advance for any help in sorting this bug :thumbsup:

tilleke
21-02-13, 01:41
Thanks for the bug report.

Any chance you can use a setting editor and save your settings and then send them to me using the email found in the apps page on Google Play?

Thanks.

Alanp
21-02-13, 08:45
Hello, first off great app but I'm getting the same problem. I will try and give as much detail as possible. I am using your app with vu+duo with vix 3.0 build 562. My OpenWebif settings are yes/14402/no/08001/no. All settings are entered correctly in your app as everything except this problem work great.

If I press

If I then press on a channel and select EPG there is no data. If I then press Full EPG, I get 'Could not connect to your receiver! Check your connection and/or settings and try again'

This only happens with TV and not Radio for some reason. I can also search the EPG with no problems.

This fault does not happen with the app I previously used to use, Dreamdroid (not gloating just letting you know incase it is of any help to you in sorting the bug out).

Thanks for all your work in making this app and thanks in advance for any help in sorting this bug :thumbsup:

I have the same problem on my ultimo running VIX 3.0 build 600 Thanks

gedclarke
21-02-13, 09:47
Thanks for the bug report.

Any chance you can use a setting editor and save your settings and then send them to me using the email found in the apps page on Google Play?

Thanks.

Sorry for being a noob but which settings do you require (vu+ player, openwebif, vu+ player or all 3)? Also do you want a screenshot of settings or is there a program i can use to copy them?

I will help any way I can but I'm sorry I'm not sure how to do what you need. As always thanks in advance.

tilleke
21-02-13, 10:04
Sorry for being a noob but which settings do you require (vu+ player, openwebif, vu+ player or all 3)? Also do you want a screenshot of settings or is there a program i can use to copy them?

I will help any way I can but I'm sorry I'm not sure how to do what you need. As always thanks in advance.

I am sorry for not being clear enough.

There are tools called Settings Editors (to be installed on a PC) which permit you to edit, import and export your bouquets and channel lists. I was thinking about one of these tools so you could export your Bouquet and Channel list. Some good tools are EnigmEdit and DreamBoxEdit. They are quite straight-forward to use. I don't think I am allowed to put a link but you can find them easily by googling.

If you have any other doubts, please let me know.

mcquaim
21-02-13, 10:25
I am sorry for not being clear enough.

There are tools called Settings Editors (to be installed on a PC) which permit you to edit, import and export your bouquets and channel lists. I was thinking about one of these tools so you could export your Bouquet and Channel list. Some good tools are EnigmEdit and DreamBoxEdit. They are quite straight-forward to use. I don't think I am allowed to put a link but you can find them easily by googling.

If you have any other doubts, please let me know.

Settings editors here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Settings-Editors

gedclarke
21-02-13, 10:27
I am quite familiar with DreamBoxEdit , I will send you my full bouquet as sent from my box via the email asap, thanks.

Settings sent mate...

gedclarke
22-02-13, 13:17

If I press

Just a quick update about this bug. It appears this is caused by using the 'UKCvS AutoBouquets E2 plugin by LraiZer', tilleke is presently working on a fix. If you don't want to wait you can disable the plugin and use a ready made set of enigma 2 settings, such as Mr Mister's excellent set (found here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24868-All-New-Vix-28-2-East-Bouquets) for the time being which fixes the problem.

flickerrr
22-02-13, 14:14
Hi mate have you got it working outside your lan? I cant get it going

lscolman
22-02-13, 18:16
Hi,
I'm using the Mr Mister channel bouquet on my ultimo and I can't get EPG data to display?

I can search the EPG under the extra tab absolutely fine.

Apart from that, this app is tremendous. I use MX player as my video app.

Using this app on my Ainol Hero tablet and Mygica 510B android TV.

Cheers, Lee

Alanp
27-02-13, 08:04

If I press

I have just noticed if you go to the last scanned all the epg data is present if this helps

tilleke
28-02-13, 23:57
Vu+ Player Version 1.2 - now available on Google Play

Change-log (February 28, 2013)
-Illegal characters in XML-output should now be deleted so EPG can load properly (caused problems with Turkish broadcasters)
-Automatic generated EPG-lists which add extra suffix-information should now be handled correctly so EPG loads properly
-fixed bug that duplicated items in channel list upon exiting EPG-information
-minor refactoring of code

A further update will be released as soon as possible which will fix some networking issues

Rgds,
Tilleke

Stanman
12-03-13, 21:39
How you get this to work outside of the house on 3/4G?

forwarded the port to the box and changed it but keeps saying unable to connect

machare
25-03-13, 02:13
Thank you for the nice app. It works OK with my ET9000s

My router does port translation, so I would like to be able to enter a port numbers above 60000 for remote use with my dynamic DNS name for remote access.

tilleke
25-03-13, 07:56
Thank you for the nice app. It works OK with my ET9000s

My router does port translation, so I would like to be able to enter a port numbers above 60000 for remote use with my dynamic DNS name for remote access.

Thanks for your feedback.

An update is in the works and will permit more flexibility as to networking-settings.

abu baniaz
26-03-13, 01:58
Couple of comments:-

I can't bring my TM twin out of standby, can do so using Dreamdroid. Putting into standby is OK.
Could you consider bringing stream current even to the fore instead of having to press info first?

Many thanks.

Alanp
26-03-13, 09:06
How you get this to work outside of the house on 3/4G?

forwarded the port to the box and changed it but keeps saying unable to connect

same here but it still connects even with the unable to connect message ?

abu baniaz
26-03-13, 13:34
Couple of comments:-

I can't bring my TM twin out of standby, can do so using Dreamdroid. Putting into standby is OK.
Could you consider bringing stream current even to the fore instead of having to press info first?

Many thanks.

My apologies, it does bring the Twin out of standby. The only time it does not is when the phone to stb message is displayed.

machare
26-03-13, 19:17
Thanks for your feedback.

An update is in the works and will permit more flexibility as to networking-settings.Thank you. I just created a 2nd profile to go round the problem.

I have multiple receivers, and it would be nice to be able to choose which one on the first page/panel.

Also, could the application look for a spare tuner (as Open Webif does) rather than changing the channel on the TV that someone (SWMBO!) might be watching.

holey78
07-04-13, 18:14
Shizik How did you change the default port? I have been trying to do this on my solo2 but cannot find out how anywhere. Thanks.

duocams
10-04-13, 11:32
Works perfect and setup in no time ok.
The default player does not subtitling dutch records and tv streaming, i'm deaf.
With the VLC player the subtitling is ok, can you implemented in the standard player dutch subtitling?
Thanxs!

stick50jr
10-04-13, 12:54
this is great but just checking i can get all 28 east channels ok on the vu+ duo but when i ty to get something on 13 east no joy error message is unknown media error. Any help appreciated

Yes I have some channels that wouldn't stream... I think they are 'shared pmt' transport streams and you need to select the correct program stream to succeed. Currently the only android player that does this for me is MX Player (there is a free version and a 'no ad' version). This player works with VU+ Player. The OP has suggested that he'll look at enhancing the internal player in this regard. Also, the Android VLC team (free & 'no ads') have agreed to implement this feature because the Windows VLC already supports this.

So for now try out MX Player and then wait for other upgrades:)

stick50jr
10-04-13, 12:59
Also, could the application look for a spare tuner (as Open Webif does) rather than changing the channel on the TV that someone (SWMBO!) might be watching.

This already works on my VU+DUO, but you need to enable the option 'No Zap before streaming/Multi-tuner' within your Receiver Profile Settings

stick50jr
10-04-13, 13:06
I use MX player as my video app.

Good choice. So do I. Apart from being a good player, it is the only android player that handles 'shared pmt' multiple program transport streams. That is, I haven't found any transport streams that fail to play on MX Player.

cheers

bobi
12-04-13, 11:43
working very good with my TM 2T and Twin OE , thank you

tinbin300
22-04-13, 08:49
I need your advice with the vu+ android app settings please m8s,in the settings it says Enter Dyn-DNS- Address what does that mean .And when it asks for iP address ,is it the router iP or the computers .I hope you don’t mind me asking those questions ,that’s why I need your advice please .

duoduo
22-04-13, 09:21
IP is router IP
Dyn-DNS should be in there already

duoduo
22-04-13, 09:23
sorry cant remember if i had to actually put Dyn-DNS in now, if i had it will be your receiver IP mine is 194.168.4.***, hope this helps

tinbin300
23-04-13, 11:23
It does thank you ,how good is it on a android tablet .

stick50jr
23-04-13, 11:33
sorry cant remember if i had to actually put Dyn-DNS in now, if i had it will be your receiver IP mine is 194.168.4.***, hope this helps

The IP address is your stb IP on your LAN (as per your example). If your internet connection has a static address or if you have a dynamic DNS service then you should be able to access the stb from the internet (ie WAN) as well.

I have only tested this on my LAN and it works well.

Loon
30-04-13, 20:06
The app works fine on iOS other than parental control.

I have a VU+ Solo2 using ViX with AutoBouques and I have set up parental control on the Adult section.

This works fine on the Solo2 when viewed through the TV and will only display the channels if the correct PIN is entered.

If you use the VU+ app on an iPad or iPhone then it ignores the parental control and just displays the channel.

Mickeybhoy67
23-09-13, 22:15
I have a vu+duo and my question is can I use the app so I can watch a different channel to what is being shown on the receiver. If so could you provide me idiot guide to setting it up

Cheers for the help in advance!

zappahey
23-09-13, 22:38
There's not much to explain, the only thing is to make sure you tick the "no zap before streaming" on the receiver profile.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

duoduo
23-09-13, 22:39
Setup as per info on this thread and once your channels show in services section just choose the one you want to watch, no idiot guide needed very simple to do. Make sure you tick the box no zap before streaming so it doesn't change the channel on your receiver.

pspmixer
09-10-13, 14:57
I have a vu+duo and my question is can I use the app so I can watch a different channel to what is being shown on the receiver. If so could you provide me idiot guide to setting it up

Cheers for the help in advance!

yes you can select multi tuner on setup

Grinnders
26-11-13, 11:05
Hi there.

Got this app working on my Local LAN fine with my Vu+ Solo2. I can also use it fine from my iphone remotely with e2RemotePro.

But trying to setup a remote connection over the internet using Nexus 7 (4.4) and the settings page insists on a local IP address. Surely the Dynamic DNS name negates the need for this and allows the router to redirect?

Am I missing the blindingly obvious. :rolleyes:

Jawid
26-11-13, 11:35
It probably doesn't need it. It is just the validation on the settings page not letting you save without it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Grinnders
26-11-13, 15:53
Thanks. Got me thinking and tried connecting over a 3G hotspot rather than office guest WiFi. Worked a treat. Clearly its using some ports that are different to me e2remote config. 😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Grinnders
08-12-13, 19:11
I am loving this app (vu+ solo2 & nexus 7 2013 on KitKat) but when streaming a recorded movie to a tablet device is there any reliable way to fast forward or jump forward in the stream timeline. I try the drag option on the recorded hidden timeline but it doesn't reliably take me where I want and often dumps me back to the beginning.
cheers

pauldob22
26-12-13, 10:12
Set up and working great as a remote and remote recorder but playback is awful on my HTC one android, even in WiFi. Tried a few different players all with the same issues. Anyone got similar probs with this?

paddymitch
26-12-13, 17:59
Try vlc

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

guli
26-12-13, 22:57
how do you stream from remote guy's , kindly give details . i've managed to get it up & running in the house & it's good .

fast65
26-12-13, 23:00
does anyone know how to get this working on my Kindle Fire. I already have it on my Samsung S3 and when I try to download from Google Play it just says 'already installed '. I would prefer to have it available on both devices if possible, so is there a way to do it

thanks

Grinnders
27-12-13, 23:53
Ok. so a little more investigation. Streaming Mp4 files (uploaded using DCC) from box is consistently good using the drag technique. I have just used it for BBC2 recording (Dead Poets Society) and that too works as predicted. However another recording Idris Elba - King of Speed (Same channel) takes a long time to find the selected release point of the drag technique, with sound eventually arriving (frozen picture) and when eventually the picture arrives, lip sync is a long way off.

I have no answers yet, so suspect more investigation required..... :confused:

kiwiz1
28-12-13, 13:49
how can i get this working when i'm outside the home park etc, using bt wifi

kiwiz1
28-12-13, 13:55
i hope an update will solve the issue really.

used bh and it worked pretty well

Grinnders
29-12-13, 16:42
how can i get this working when i'm outside the home park etc, using bt wifi

I have managed to get it working from other locations using a Dynamic dns address from dyndns.com HOWEVER it is very sensitive to both good UPLOAD from your home address and good DOWNLOAD from a wi-fi location.

I have NOT managed to get it working well using a 3G connection, too much buffering, and I would not try HD content at first until you have proven SD in my experience.

Kenyan
13-01-14, 01:24
Hi Guys,

Am having issues streaming, this are my connections and what am doing.

I have a Vu+ Duo2 2 Tuners both connected to Astra 28.2 E on Sly UK.
Image Vix Version 3.0
Build 808
Kernel 3.3.8
Static I.P and connected via LAN from the Hse WIFI.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Android of Course) with Vu+ Player App connected. Setup with the Duo2.
Am able to view Screen Shots, EPG and everything else but Streaming.

I have the
"No Zap Before streaming/Multi-tuner" CHECKED.
"Enable Transcoding" Port 8002 CHECKED
"Default Box Profile" CHECKED

Problem I think is the player am using, I have several Android Players ie:-
MX Video Player
VLC
Mobo Player
mVideoPlayer
Wondershare Player

None of which would work, or stream any video.

Now that's me, please tell me where am I going wrong, is it the Player settings, or Duo2 settings?

Not sure as I pretty sure I ave followed all guides and settings...THANKS in advance.

stick50jr
13-01-14, 05:05
I've used this AP on my S3 (GT-I9035T) and can offer the following:

Transcoding only works when "Enable Remote Streaming" is CHECKED otherwise it will do live streaming which will require lan speed connection.

In the Advanced Settings of the box profile, Set Transcoding parameters should be UNCHECKED because OpenVix does not support the API that would be used to set these. I assume that it will then use whatever you have set as default in your Duo2.

With these settings, I have used the internal player successfully. I've also used vplayer, VLC Android beta and Wondershare Player. My preference is in that order (ie internal player, vplayer....)
I have MX Video Player Pro which sadly refuses to work (maybe I've got something wrong).

Kenyan
13-01-14, 13:18
Thanks stick50jr, will try this and get back to you when I try all the above settings.

Much appreciated for the quick reply.

stick50jr
13-01-14, 14:46
@Kenyan

If you're using version 1.2, there are no Advanced Settings & transcoding in the box profile must be enabled. This version of Vu+ Player does not use the API. My apologies for erroneous advice above.

Perhaps your problem is no portforwarding. If you're trying to stream/transcode from the web (WAN) then you need to forward some external ports on your router public address (or dyndns) to the internal LAN IP of your Duo2 on ports 80, 8001, 8002.

I assume you have been able to stream okay over your LAN.

Kenyan
13-01-14, 18:00
stick50jr I have forwarded the following ports - 80, 8001 and 8002 on my router.

Am able to stream to my Mac via iDreamX and having installed VLC for MAC, streaming is all OK even with my slow 2MB internet.

Now as for my Tablet, am still having issues, with the video player, I have :-
CHECKED No zap before streaming/Multi-tuner
CHECKED Enable transcoding Port 8002
CHECKED Default Box Profile
CHECKED Enable Remote Streaming

IP Address: 192.168.XX.X
Dyn.DNS ADD: BLANK
Port Number: 80

Video Play Internal Player

Am able to get EPG, grab Screenshots, and everything except view video....Am wondering could it be that the Tablet is rooted with an Unofficial ROM?
Not Sure will keep trying different players...to see what the issue is...

tilleke
27-05-14, 01:42
Vu+ Player for Android - version 2.0 has just been uploaded to Google Play!

Should be available for download soon.

Some time has passed since the last release. In the meantime, many things have changed:

New Android-devices,
New receivers (STB),
New Android OS-versions,
New E2-images,
New E2-drivers,
etc.

We have also received many requests for new features and also some bug-reports.

While the interface still looks more or less the same (some hate it, others adore it), there has been many changes and improvements under the hood. We have tried to take into consideration what's mentioned above when developing this release. We still have some more things which did not make it into this release (for instance updated help-instructions) so you should expect another release of Vu+ Player not too far in the future.

We want to thank our fantastic Vu+ Player beta-group for all their help. Their continuous support, suggestions, testing and feedback make up a huge part of this project. Thank you!

We also want to thank the users of Vu+ Player for Android. Your very positive feedback has convinced us that the development of Vu+ Player was the right thing to do and encourages us to continue developing it.

Regards,

Tilleke and the Vu+ Player Team

Change-log:

-better transcoding support. You can set bitrates and framerates independently from what has been set up in the transcoding-plugin on the STB. You can set your preferred rates in Advanced Settings (for LAN and WAN respectively) or change them on the fly using the Internal Player. With some E2-images the change of bitrates will be applied without interrupting the streaming. The bitrate is the setting which has most impact on the quality and fluidity of the streaming. Please keep in mind to use a low bitrate in WAN (remote) while in LAN you should use a higher bitrate. Of course, transcoding requires a Vu+ Solo2, Vu+ Duo2 or Vu+ SoloSE.

-Added dedicated Transcoding-buttons. No further need to enable transcoding beforehand.

-You can now set up a second profile and disable IP Autodetection. In 99% of all cases you only need one profile since Vu+ Player is able to determine if you are either in LAN or in WAN (remote). However, under certain circumstances (for instance with some VPNs), the IP Autodetection may not work. To resolve this, you can set up another profile for WAN-usage, also flagging the Remote (WAN)-flag. In this way, you can have one profile for LAN and another one for WAN.

-Support for the Https (SSL)-protocol has also been added. Standard port 443 is set as default but you can change it if necessary.

-Support for Streaming Authentication (must be enabled in OWIF-plugin on your STB).

-You can now also change the standard username (not any longer a fixed value = “root”). This requires that you have first enabled this on your STB which may require some expert-knowledge.

-When using the Signal Meter, you can now also get screenshots from your TV-screen. While this feature might not be necessary, it can prove to be useful under certain circumstances.

-Added a shortcut to VPN-settings in the main screen.

-Added support for some more external video-players.

-New settings screen

-Fixed some characters not showing up correctly in Bouquet and Channel lists. This happened only with certain images.

-Fixed some incompatibly issues with recent Android OS-versions (saving of settings could cause problems).

-Better compatibility with various E2-images.

-Many other code-changes and improvements.

nsw9154
27-05-14, 03:07
Fantastic mine has just updated and the picture and sound are Brilliant thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

i am taking my S3 to bed so that i can check it out better in the morning lol

timofee
27-05-14, 14:09
Brilliant effort, thank you.

kiwiz
27-05-14, 15:16
could you do a tutorial idk how do to that.

kiwiz
27-05-14, 15:20
thanks VU+ brilliant thanks for releasing a new version

Larry-G
27-05-14, 15:36
thanks VU+ brilliant thanks for releasing a new version

Vu+ dont make this, it's tilleke's work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kiwiz
27-05-14, 15:40
my bad big thanks to tilleke

s1m0nw
27-05-14, 17:23
For transcoding with gigablue, should I enter the same details that is on transcoding plugin in the advanced setting??

I did the above and tried transcoding, it comes up with a warning box is not recognised with a list of transcoding capable vu plus boxes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

tilleke
27-05-14, 18:00
For transcoding with gigablue, should I enter the same details that is on transcoding plugin in the advanced setting??

I did the above and tried transcoding, it comes up with a warning box is not recognised with a list of transcoding capable vu plus boxes
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

What regards transcoding, Gigablue is not supported - only Vu+'s own boxes i.e. Solo2, Duo2 and SoloSE. However you can use the app for normal streaming with Gigablue and all the other functionality.

tilleke
27-05-14, 18:02
Vu+ dont make this, it's tilleke's work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes, I am developing the app but on behalf of Vu+ so I guess if someone wants to thank Vu+, I think that is in order.

Larry-G
27-05-14, 18:03
Yes, I am developing the app but on behalf of Vu+ so I guess if someone wants to thank Vu+, I think that is in order.

Thanks where there due dude.

Alanp
28-05-14, 19:30
Hi I cannot get transcoding to work with my Duo2 streaming authentication is enabled in openwif using port 8002, Normal streaming works fine I guess I must have missed something in the settings but can't figure out what any ideas ?

using Samsung Galaxy S5
VIX Apollo

tilleke
28-05-14, 20:19
Hi I cannot get transcoding to work with my Duo2 streaming authentication is enabled in openwif using port 8002, Normal streaming works fine I guess I must have missed something in the settings but can't figure out what any ideas ?

using Samsung Galaxy S5
VIX Apollo

Have you set the webif port to port 80? If not, try that.
Try also without streaming authentication

Please let me know how it goes.

PS: can you let me know which Android device you have and which version of Android (for instance Gingerbread, Jelly Bean, Kitkat etc). Thanks

Alanp
28-05-14, 20:47
Have you set the webif port to port 80? If not, try that.
Try also without streaming authentication

Please let me know how it goes.

PS: can you let me know which Android device you have and which version of Android (for instance Gingerbread, Jelly Bean, Kitkat etc). Thanks

Thanks for the help tried both still not working just get a loading stream message if loading time is very long tap on screen and try again

Peterj
28-05-14, 20:56
Install VLC for android and change internal player to VLC and try again.

Alanp
28-05-14, 21:02
Install VLC for android and change internal player to VLC and try again.

Thanks Peterj worked problem solved

tilleke
28-05-14, 21:16
Thanks for the help tried both still not working just get a loading stream message if loading time is very long tap on screen and try again

can you let me know which Android device you have and which version of Android (for instance Gingerbread, Jelly Bean, Kitkat etc). Thanks

Alanp
29-05-14, 07:14
can you let me know which Android device you have and which version of Android (for instance Gingerbread, Jelly Bean, Kitkat etc). Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S5 KitKat 4.4.2 Thanks
Also does not need to be on port 80 to work

Grinnders
23-09-14, 23:29
So not sure what I have done. Can stream Movies from Vu+ Solo2 but not live TV. I can however 'Transcode'. Is that normal for Live TV?

When attempting a stream of live TV;
HD Player- "Unfortunately, HD Video Player has stopped"
MX Player - "Video Problem. Can't play this video"
Android Video Player - "Can't play this video"
VLC - "VLC encountered an error with this media. Please try refreshing the media library"

tilleke
24-09-14, 07:17
So not sure what I have done. Can stream Movies from Vu+ Solo2 but not live TV. I can however 'Transcode'. Is that normal for Live TV?

Don't know all of the mentioned players but VLC for Android and MX-player should definitely work with Live TV so I don't think the problem is because of the players. I guess you will get an error also using the internal player? Can you watch the stream (not transcoding) on your PC using WebIf?

Grinnders
26-09-14, 00:42
I tested OpenWebif. good call. Something was restricting streaming from that. I 'dialed back' some settings and got it to work in openwebif again (although left me open to malicious streamers) so I need to build it back up carefully and retry off my Nexus. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your swift response.

Newbie2
01-11-14, 15:37
great app, only problem I have is streaming with out zapping.

If zapping it works ok if not I get a canbnot connect warning. Read the thread from start to finish and think my settings are right (running a VU Duo+)

tilleke
01-11-14, 18:16
great app, only problem I have is streaming with out zapping.

If zapping it works ok if not I get a canbnot connect warning. Read the thread from start to finish and think my settings are right (running a VU Duo+)

Unsure if I have really understood your problem :confused:
Can you please give some more information and perhaps I can help.

Newbie2
02-11-14, 12:18
Hi tilleke

If I goe into Vu Player on my mobile I can change all of the channels and volume etc. If I then go into Services and Choose say BBC2 the VU Duo will change channel and that will stream on my phone.

If though I have "No Zap before Streaming" ticked and I then go to services.

I will get the EPG up and choose a channel, it will then say "Preparing to Stream" but return to the Bouquett Epg. If I then press teh channel again I get a message.

It says "Cannot Proceed" It seem's like there is a problem with your player".

Thanks

pz8l8t
03-11-14, 13:13
Hi telleke,
I sent an email you guys an email a few months back about an issue I found. Email content pasted below:

Hi,
First of all many thanks for this great application. I have a Vu+ Solo2 and a Technomate Twin which I use this app with.

I have found a possible bug. Pressing EPG on the app controlling the Vu+ Solo2 brings up the EPG. However, pressing EPG on the app controlling the Technomate Twin brings up the info menu/details.

I have done some troubleshooting on this and have found that you maybe using the wrong key mapping for EPG.

I think your using "KEY_INFO": 358, rather than "KEY_EPG": 365.

I have tried the following on both recievers:

http://10.10.1.10/web/remotecontrol?command=365 - Brings up EPG on both Technomate Twin and Vu+ Solo2

http://10.10.1.10/web/remotecontrol?command=358 - Brings up EPG on the Vu+ Solo2 and info menu/details on the Technomate Twin.

Could you please look into this and correct it if its using the wrong mapping please?

tilleke
03-11-14, 14:20
@pz8l8t

Thank you for your report. It seems like the people at VuPlus must have forgotten to forward your earlier e-mail to me.

I am not in front of my developer PC in this moment but I will check later and unless there were other reasons for using key 358, I will change key as suggested by you.

pz8l8t
03-11-14, 19:03
@pz8l8t

Thank you for your report. It seems like the people at VuPlus must have forgotten to forward your earlier e-mail to me.

I am not in front of my developer PC in this moment but I will check later and unless there were other reasons for using key 358, I will change key as suggested by you.

Many Thanks :cool:

Rob van der Does
03-11-14, 21:54
Be aware that different boxes use different commands/keys.
e.g. the key with the print 'EPG' for any VU actually sends the 'Info' command (key). As far as I know all other boxes use the EPG-command for EPG.
In the images this has been 'corrected' by telling VU's to show EPG when they get the Info-command. So IMHO this wrong mapping by VU will be difficult to 'generalize' for other hardware.

pz8l8t
04-11-14, 17:04
Key 358 which is mapped to EPG as far as I can see definately brings up EPG on the VU+ Solo2.

Rob van der Does
05-11-14, 06:14
On VU's:
Press 'EPG': "KEY: 358 INFO" is internally mapped to 'EPG' (the correction for VU using the wrong command I mentioned earlier)

On (all?) other boxes:
Press 'EPG': "KEY: 365 EPG" brings up the EPG
Press 'Info': "KEY: 358 INFO" brings up Eventview

So I'm not sure this wrong keymapping by VU can be 'fixed' in a generic way like it is done in E2.

pz8l8t
05-11-14, 08:23
Sorry I had a typo in my last post.

I have tested on the vu+ solo2 and key 365 definitely brings up EPG which as far as I can see is the correct mapping key for EPG.

As you mention key 358 is mapped to info/event details which on my solo2 brings up EPG but on the techno mate it brings up info/event details.

I believe the app is using the wrong key. Rather than using 358 I think it should use 365. This would bring up EPG on the solo2 and the techno mate.

Rob van der Does
05-11-14, 08:39
Nope, just turn on debug logs and seed that what I wrote is correct (it stems from E2 in console).
If only it was true that VU used the correct commands....

pz8l8t
05-11-14, 16:56
try this on your VU receiver

http://yourip/web/remotecontrol?command=365

That brings up EPG on my Solo2.

I'm not sure how VU+ App is making the calls from the app to the box but would imagine it's done via HTTP requests.

gataboy1
05-11-14, 17:19
Can anybody tell me how to set this up:

"If you have a receiver with two or more tuners, then you can even stream an alternative channel and watch a different channel to the one displayed on the connected tv "

I have a Solo 2

Osamo1956
06-11-14, 19:16
Hi Gataboy1,
Sorry if I'm stating some things that might be totally obvious to you, but I just think it might be clearer to start from a blank canvas:

Ensure that Wifi is activated on your phone.
Then open the VU+ app.
When it fires up fully on your phone you'll see the green box with 'Services' on it. Click it.
You'll then see your EPG sections.
Choose one then select a channel.
Select 'Stream' and that should show you the channel on your phone without affecting what's being viewed on your TV.
But note that it WILL use your second tuner, so wont work if you're recording in addition to viewing the TV.

gataboy1
07-11-14, 10:04
Hi Osamo...

Ah...! I think the pennies just dropped..I've only connected to one port and then looped it when setting up.

Guess I will need to get another feed from my Lnb to the second port..?

Osamo1956
07-11-14, 11:04
Yes, you need to run 2 individual coax from a twin LNB.
A personal suggestion: In the future you might well get different boxes with more tuners. Plus you might decide to have reception in several rooms.
So, like me, I'd buy an 8 port 'Octo LNB'. The price break between a good twin LNB and an Octo is becoming slimmer and slimmer.
It might seem like a sledgehammer to crack a nut at this stage but worth considering.
All the best.

gunner786
20-11-14, 01:21
Iis there a guide somewhere here?
can watch on wifi but cannot connect to receiver when not connected to wifi.

Martincape
20-11-14, 23:18
App doesn't even load up on my Galaxy S5

Osamo1956
21-11-14, 10:21
The App works by linking to your phone's wifi. Wifi must be enabled.
See post #101.

Iis there a guide somewhere here?
can watch on wifi but cannot connect to receiver when not connected to wifi.

LeeC22
13-12-14, 12:15
Can't find this anywhere on the Play Store. I had the old version on my phone, and that updated to 2.0 but I can't find a way of installing this on my tablet, because it's no longer in "My Apps" on the play store either. Can anyone offer any help?

birdman
13-12-14, 14:01
Has anyone reported the disappearance from Google Play to the supplier?

In case not I've just submitted a bug report to them.

Larry-G
13-12-14, 14:11
Has anyone reported the disappearance from Google Play to the supplier?

In case not I've just submitted a bug report to them.

The best person to contact would be the OP of this thread, as he is the Author and primary developer of this app, although I have not seen him on site in a while.

Rob van der Does
14-12-14, 08:40
I have tried to contact him several times, but to no avail.

tilleke
23-12-14, 16:21
As you may have noted, Vu+ Player for Android is not any longer available on Google Play. Since its removal, I have received an overwhelming amount of e-mails asking me from where it can be downloaded along with the usual bug reports, feature requests and questions for support and so forth. Since my free time is limited, I simply don’t have the time required to reply to all these e-mails, even if I wished I could do so. Therefore, here is an update from me.

Vu+ Player has become a very feature rich and stable app since its first release and since Vu+ first contacted me, nearly 3 years ago, asking me to develop the app for them. It was the first app to support an internal video player and to support transcoding . The user-interface was controversial since it did not adhere to standard Android design although the user-interface has always been one of those features which users have told us they appreciate the most due to its simplicity and ease of use. We have implemented mutual ideas but also feature requests from you users. Some time ago Vu+ Player reached a milestone with more than 100000 active installations. Nor I or Vu+ would never have thought we would achieve such a success and reach out to so many users when we first started this project.

My collaboration with Vu+ has now come to an end unless plans are changed in the future. I have sent Vu+ an updated version of Vu+ Player which addresses some incompatibility issues with Lollipop but not all open issues have unfortunately been resolved. To know if and when and where this update will be published (and the future of Vu+ Player), you will need to contact directly Vu+ or watch out for announcements here on the forums or their webpage.

That said, I wish to thank:

-Vu+ for the mutual collaboration in the last years and their professionalism in general. I wish them all the best with their future endeavors.

-all the image teams with whom I have worked closely in the past years during the development of Vu+ Player. With no special order, my thanks go to Black Hole, OpenVIX, VTi and OpenPLI and their members.

-all the beta-testers (you know who you are!)

-two beta-testers who unfortunately are not with us anymore, namely BigED and paolino from the BH-team and the Vu+ Community forum. Rest in peace!

-all you users who downloaded and installed Vu+ Player on your devices. I hope you are enjoying the app just as much as I have enjoyed developing it for Vu+

What regards me, I am currently concentrating on iOS development although I hope I will finally find the necessary time to update my Android app AndroidDreamer which was among the first apps which permitted streaming in LAN and remotely. It has not been updated for nearly 3 years but is still used by thousands of users and has lots of room for improvement.

My best wishes to you all for the upcoming holiday season.

Take care and kind regards,

tilleke (aka moster67)

LeeC22
23-12-14, 16:47
:( Well that's a bit disappointing... if VU+ decide to not update the app on the Play store, then there is no way for us to install it. That leaves people the only option of searching for "alternate" sources, and in this day and age, that's not a safe option.

I have submitted a bug report on the VU+ website regarding the availability of the app, but to be honest, VU+ seem pretty unresponsive to any type of request in my experience. I hope they pull their finger out, because they advertise the app on their website, when clearly it's not the case if the Android app is totally unavailable.

Just to be clear, I consider the availability of the app as a VU+ responsibility, so please don't take my comments as being directed at you (tilleke). I know from personal experience that supporting multi-platforms is a nightmare, and very quickly eats up any and all spare time. So it makes perfect sense to focus on just the one.

I wish you well with your iOS development.

tilleke
23-12-14, 17:15
Just to be clear, I consider the availability of the app as a VU+ responsibility, so please don't take my comments as being directed at you (tilleke). I know from personal experience that supporting multi-platforms is a nightmare, and very quickly eats up any and all spare time. So it makes perfect sense to focus on just the one.

I wish you well with your iOS development.

Thanks for the thumbs up for my iOS development but it has nothing to do with Vu+ or Enigma/Satellite in general. It is just a hobby of mine which I have decided to explore further.

Trial
29-12-14, 20:05
Hi,
VU published version 2.2 at http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0110.php

ciao

pz8l8t
29-12-14, 22:14
Shame they haven't incorporated the EPG issue for techno mate receivers..

Donnie
29-12-14, 22:22
Shame they haven't incorporated the EPG issue for techno mate receivers..

Maybe ask technomate for some support :whistle:

Larry-G
29-12-14, 22:24
Maybe ask technomate for some support :whistle:

you'r more likely to get a answer from TM than from Vu+, at least thats my experience any way.

Donnie
29-12-14, 22:26
you'r more likely to get a answer from TM than from Vu+, at least thats my experience any way.

Not with a Vu+ app surely :D

pz8l8t
29-12-14, 22:27
Thanks guys, but think the issue is with the key mappings in the app rather than any issues with the techno mate receivers. Post the issue earlier in this thread and telleke said he would try and take a look. Guess he never found time.

Larry-G
29-12-14, 22:27
Not with a Vu+ app surely :D

Just in general.

tilleke
29-12-14, 22:35
Thanks guys, but think the issue is with the key mappings in the app rather than any issues with the techno mate receivers. Post the issue earlier in this thread and telleke said he would try and take a look. Guess he never found time.

As I mentioned in my previous post, some stuff/corrections did not make it for this release. Sorry.

Rob van der Does
29-12-14, 22:52
I don't understand the app is now for download as APK from the VU site, and not via GooglePlay.

pz8l8t
29-12-14, 23:08
As I mentioned in my previous post, some stuff/corrections did not make it for this release. Sorry.
Cheers for the clarification . Guess we have to wait on the next release to see if vu+ decide to incorporate any key mapping changes.

judge
29-12-14, 23:14
Cheers for the clarification . Guess we have to wait on the next release to see if vu+ decide to incorporate any key mapping changes.
VU have been using the wrong key mapping for a long time, don't hold your breath.

Trial
29-12-14, 23:25
Hi,

I don't understand the app is now for download as APK from the VU site, and not via GooglePlay.
I think you must be registered as an Android Dev and I assume VU does not want to do it. Download is a lot simpler for them.

ciao

LeeC22
29-12-14, 23:42
Hi,
VU published version 2.2 at http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0110.php

ciao

Thank you for the heads up... now installed and working. :)

Rob van der Does
30-12-14, 05:04
I assume VU does not want to do it. Download is a lot simpler for them.
But not for users. And it has always been available via GooglePlay.

salah100
11-01-15, 08:55
Vu+ player for android 2.2 does not install on Google new operating system Lollipop 5.0

2stein
11-01-15, 11:11
this version immediately crashes on my galaxy note 4 with android 4.4.4. maybe because of the uhd screen resolution? i liked the ios version before switching to android.

Larry-G
11-01-15, 11:14
Unfortunately guys you really need to be telling this to Vu+, the author has now ceased work on this project and passed his work onto Vu+, it is now in their hands to fix, maintain and release it.

2stein
11-01-15, 11:16
i will... just wanted to mention it here.

Larry-G
11-01-15, 11:19
i will... just wanted to mention it here.

By all means please do but also report any and all bugs directly to Vu+ (the more the better), also it may be a good idea to create a new thread specifically to post bugs in as they will get lost in this one due to it's size and as stated the OP is no longer maintaining this plugin for Vu+.

salah100
11-01-15, 13:13
Unfortunately guys you really need to be telling this to Vu+, the author has now ceased work on this project and passed his work onto Vu+, it is now in their hands to fix, maintain and release it.
Yep I submitted bug report on vu+ website hopefully they will do something about it.

rkeaneno16
28-02-15, 14:31
right guys sorry for going into old business but
i cannot get this to work when im not at home.............works fine when im home
could somebody give a detailed guide on how to set it up tp work outwith your own 4 walls
using a kindle fire hdx

2stein
31-05-15, 13:33
by the way: there is a new version on google play that works nicely.

Rob van der Does
31-05-15, 14:04
You think so? I find it horrible...

crosswired
01-06-15, 14:45
Rob, isn't too bad tbh
are there any projects for own ViX team android app by any chance? :)

Rob van der Does
01-06-15, 17:30
Nope. And there are already so many Enigma-related apps.

LeeC22
01-06-15, 18:16
by the way: there is a new version on google play that works nicely.

I downloaded this last night and find it far better than the previous version, so thank you for letting us know. :thumbsup:

It might not look quite as colourful, but it transcodes and streams 100% of the time from my Duo2, whereas the old player could take 30 seconds and then still fail. This is just what I needed for my late night KBS World watching.

Rob van der Does
01-06-15, 19:52
Can you watch recordings (traanscoded)?

LeeC22
01-06-15, 20:13
I don't know if they're being transcoded or not, but I can watch the recordings. I have the transcoding port set as you can see from the attached image, so I presume that means that it is using that port instead of standard streaming. Watching a HD recording on my Xperia Tablet Z works perfectly. I've resized the image just to keep the file size down.

jjookk
14-07-15, 23:57
Can this only be used when connected to wi-fi? I was wondering if it were possible to stream from a VU+ Solo2 via 3G/4G mobile network whilst not at home?

LeeC22
15-07-15, 00:33
Can this only be used when connected to wi-fi? I was wondering if it were possible to stream from a VU+ Solo2 via 3G/4G mobile network whilst not at home?
As far as I am aware from previous research into this, you can do it, but it exposes your box to the rest of the world unless you implement some security measures to protect it. I never got that far into it, and getting information on securing the box, was about as hard as getting blood from the proverbial stone.

I remember reading one post about tunnelling webif through SSH (that might be the wrong term, it was a while back when I was playing with this) but when I tried that, I couldn't get the box to accept an external connection for some reason. I had the ports forwarded correctly, but the box just refused to accept the connection from outside my LAN, so I gave up trying.

jjookk
15-07-15, 01:23
As far as I am aware from previous research into this, you can do it, but it exposes your box to the rest of the world unless you implement some security measures to protect it. I never got that far into it, and getting information on securing the box, was about as hard as getting blood from the proverbial stone.

I remember reading one post about tunnelling webif through SSH (that might be the wrong term, it was a while back when I was playing with this) but when I tried that, I couldn't get the box to accept an external connection for some reason. I had the ports forwarded correctly, but the box just refused to accept the connection from outside my LAN, so I gave up trying.

I understand. So are you saying that you can't stream or access the box when connected to wi-fi at any location other than the LAN?

LeeC22
15-07-15, 01:43
No, you can do it quite easily, but it will be in a very insecure fashion. That's why you have to set up some form of security on the box, other than that in the Webif, and that's the part I couldn't work out how to do.

At the most basic level, it's simply a case of configuring a port in webif, and forwarding the port through your router. But if you do it in that way, chances are your box will be discovered and hacked. Apparently your password is simply transmitted unencrypted, so if someone is looking for your password, they won't have to try that hard to find it.

I read a couple of threads about people who discovered software installed on their boxes after using webif across the internet. You have to consider is watching your box across the net, worth the risk?

But that's all based on what I've read, and like anything on the internet, you have to take it at face value. It was enough to deter me though, especially as I couldn't get any secure ways to work.

judge
15-07-15, 01:53
I never got that far into it, and getting information on securing the box, was about as hard as getting blood from the proverbial stone.

Have a look at this recent post (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46802-Guide-Setting-up-SSH-with-public-private-keys&p=364199&viewfull=1#post364199) by @pembo, some good advice on how to secure your box if you can't secure your router.

judge
15-07-15, 02:04
I understand. So are you saying that you can't stream or access the box when connected to wi-fi at any location other than the LAN?
Yes, you can. Better to do it on a secure network though as any un-secured network will be found and used pretty fast.
This isn't an E2 issue (although the lack of E2 security doesn't help either), opening any ports to any internal box is an issue.

But that's all based on what I've read, and like anything on the internet, you have to take it at face value. It was enough to deter me though, especially as I couldn't get any secure ways to work.
One example of where reading the internet worked so...

LeeC22
15-07-15, 02:39
I'll have a read of that post judge, thank you... and yes, when you don't know any better (like I don't with these boxes), then you take all warnings as being serious, until you learn enough information to understand why, and how to avoid the risks.

zino
10-08-15, 04:40
Is it just as risky to open port 21 on your router to allow FTP to friends/family enigma2 boxes?
Just to update files every now and then without having to go and visit someone to update a file or two.

Rob van der Does
10-08-15, 05:00
Yes.
Any open port will be found in the end.
SSH or VPN is the answer to safety.

zino
10-08-15, 14:16
Yes.
Any open port will be found in the end.
SSH or VPN is the answer to safety.

Is there a simple way to set up SSH for friends/family. Not everyone around me is tech-savvy.

Rob van der Does
10-08-15, 15:21
There is a recent post that describes the how-to.
But in the end it's not very simple; you'll have to invest some time in safety.
But whatever you do: don't leave the door open. After all your STB is simply a Linux computer; and I would hate the thought of somebody taking control of one of the computers in my own personal network.

birdman
11-08-15, 01:29
SSH or VPN is the answer to safety.And even then, use a non-standard port.
I once set up SSH on port 22 externally and found all sorts of login attempts in the failure logs. I changed to a non-standard port (externally) and they went away.

siriusblack1979
20-05-16, 10:25
Hi guys

Do the Transcoding work for u on this app ?

I loves this app but just can't get Transcoding to work

It works on ur other app u made droid player

Can u plz fix the vu+ playerHD app

Thanks ��

siriusblack1979
20-05-16, 10:51
Hi guys

Do the Transcoding work for u on this app ?

I loves this app but just can't get Transcoding to work

It works on ur other app u made droid player

Can u plz fix the vu+ playerHD app

Thanks ��48228

Rob van der Does
20-05-16, 10:59
Nope, not here. I find it an horrible app.

siriusblack1979
20-05-16, 11:10
Ok Thxs for quick reply ��