PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] VU+ Duo stuck on 'Starting' after flash

Drogs_1
15-02-13, 11:09
I decided to update from the first vix image to the most up to date and now the box is just saying 'starting'. I have tried a few other images but the same thing. Would anyone have an idea to get the new image working on the box.

judge
15-02-13, 11:15
What image version were you on?
What image version did you flash?
Bootloader & latest images (currently build 600) found here (http://openvix.co.uk).

Drogs_1
15-02-13, 11:30
Thanks for the reply. Can't remember the exact version that was on the box but IT am now trying 3.0.6. Tried downloading the bootloader but it says it is corupt when trying to unzip!

Drogs_1
15-02-13, 11:51
All sorted. Turns out one of my computers saw the bootloader as corrupt. Tried a different one without any issues and we are up and running....

Der_Andy_C
22-02-13, 17:41
I appear to have the same issue here - I have flashed the Vu+ duo with build 600, and all I get is the "Starting..." text on the duo's display. I was previously on vix 2.2. I am using a USB stick that has worked before for flashing the duo. any help would be gratefully received!

Larry-G
22-02-13, 17:54
if you updated directly from ViX 2.2 you likely also need to update to the very latest Bootloader too.

you can get the bootloader from www.openvix.co.uk and just flash it in exactly the same way as you would a image.

when you do setup the ViX 3.0 image DO NOT restore a previous Settings backup as it will cause problems.

Der_Andy_C
22-02-13, 18:23
seems to be working now - thanks :)

kunmun23
27-05-14, 00:07
hi mates,

Am trying to flash the latest openvix helios 017 on a vu+ duo. It gets stuck on starting when I try to flash.

there are no usbs or hard drives connected to the box (except the one on the front port that is used for flashing)
I've tried two different usb drives (both are reliable and work perfectly when i flash my et9x00)
I've updated the bootloader to the latest one from openvix download page
but it still gets stuck at "starting"

The only image I've been able to successfully flash is vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328_usb

Tried openvix-Helios.017-vuduo_usb and BlackHole-2.1.0-bm750_usb but to no avail.

Any help appreciated !!

kunmun23
27-05-14, 00:08
the bootloader i updated to is duo_cfe_3_0_usb

Larry-G
27-05-14, 05:08
Unless you have had the receiver for more than a year, and kept it on a old image since new, there is no reason to mess with the bootloader.

How old is the receiver and are you sure it is genuine ie not a clone ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

kunmun23
27-05-14, 09:37
Unless you have had the receiver for more than a year, and kept it on a old image since new, there is no reason to mess with the bootloader.

How old is the receiver and are you sure it is genuine ie not a clone ?.

To be honest I don't know if its a original or a clone. A friend of mine recently bought it brand new and gave it to me to configure.
I know the common answer is "the price is generally a give away" but with Vuo+Duo2 and Vuo+Solo2 the prices of Vu+Duo have dropped so how would we know? He paid £140 for it. It came in proper packaging a Vu+ Duo box, manual etc.

But I've failed to load any image onto it except the one I mentioned (vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328_usb). Images I've tried so far are :

Questions :

1. Is there a way to check if its a clone ?

2. If IT IS a clone, what options do I have in terms of images? The basic requirements are a stable image, with autobouquets, functioning hard drive (record, timeshift etc) and cross-epg sort of autoepg updater.

3. If it is NOT a clone, what can I do to successfully flash my favourite image ViX/OpenVix to it ?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Larry-G
27-05-14, 15:40
For £140 new, I have no doubt it's a clone.

2. If it is a clone, we cant provide any further help. But we will need to certify that before we go any further.

kunmun23
27-05-14, 17:16
Hmm. In that case I'll ask him to return it. Is there a way I can check if it's definitely a clone?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf
27-05-14, 18:47
Does it have a sticker on the back with either v2 or v3/v3.2 written on it. Did it come with a funny looking serial port adapter?

If the answer to either is yes then it most probably is a clone.

The price is the biggest give away though.

kunmun23
27-05-14, 19:35
It has a sticker at the back with a vu+ duo serial number and a BN number. No v3 etc.
It did come with a rs232 serial cable if that's what you are referring to. The cable has Stb sticker at one end and pc sticker at the other

Larry-G
27-05-14, 19:39
It did come with a rs232 serial cable if that's what you are referring to. The cable has Stb sticker at one end and pc sticker at the other

It is a clone then, unfortunately. Original Vu+ receivers do not come with these cables and never have.

bellejt
27-05-14, 19:56
perhaps take a look at your spdif connector.If the mittlepart is a flat stripe its probably a clone.If the mittlepart goes from top to bottom it is an original.The same as on the VU solo.Or do a surch on images on google.

IAmATeaf
27-05-14, 20:41
Other things to look out for but they could well have been corrected now of which I'm not sure are:

On the front panel and original will have Dolby Digital with the logo, a clone won't.
At the back above the power connector an original will have Made in Korea, a clone won't.
Again at the back, above the ethernet connector there will be a box with writing related to Dolby, a clone won't.

As I said the clone may well have corrected the above, I'm not sure but they were the differences when I used to have both an original and a clone and compared them. Just for reference I dumped the clone and kept the original. :)

kunmun23
27-05-14, 22:48
Other things to look out for but they could well have been corrected now of which I'm not sure are:

On the front panel and original will have Dolby Digital with the logo, a clone won't.
At the back above the power connector an original will have Made in Korea, a clone won't.
Again at the back, above the ethernet connector there will be a box with writing related to Dolby, a clone won't.

As I said the clone may well have corrected the above, I'm not sure but they were the differences when I used to have both an original and a clone and compared them. Just for reference I dumped the clone and kept the original. :)

All the above are present on the box. As you said, may be they have fixed it on the clones.

Larry-G
27-05-14, 23:02
As i said, the price tag and the fact that it comes with a rs232 serial cable, I am 1000 percent certain it's a clone, no doubt about it.

kunmun23
29-05-14, 21:01
perhaps take a look at your spdif connector.If the mittlepart is a flat stripe its probably a clone.If the mittlepart goes from top to bottom it is an original.The same as on the VU solo.Or do a surch on images on google.

That's correct....the spdif flat stripe runs horizontally...

The issue started when I tried to install an hard drive and it got stuck at "starting"...tried a new image flash and still "starting"...removed the hard drive reverted to old image and it works...

100% certain now that its a clone...asked my friend to return to the seller !!

Thanks everyone.

alidio
27-09-15, 14:29
I have the same problem! I try many images (old and new), and i try new bootloader.
USB looks fine ... It reads data and programming the flash every time just fine....
Nothing! keep stuck on starting.... afer the reboot...... (I dont know if my vu+ duo is genue) ... Any idea of somethijng else to try?

Andy_Hazza
27-09-15, 16:20
Sounds very much like a clone receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supathug
29-09-15, 16:54
My (genuine) duo does the same when its been off with no power for a while. It started to happen when the cap near the hdd started to go and needed replacing. Search for red light fix on here and u will see what im talking about.

Before you try a red light fix, try a fresh flash then leave it stuck on starting for a few hours (maybe even overnight). It could be that there is error checking going on. If its still stuck in the morning turn power off and on again. Sometimes this is enough to sort it.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

degoosefish
09-05-16, 13:59
Flashed a (genuine) VU+ duo last night same issue - stuck on starting - inserted USB stick and it just said - reading USB for about half hour before I turned it off and downloaded latest Bootloader - after that the duo started and seemed happy enough. I then went to try and flash it with the latest vix image file 4.1.008 and then it stuck on "reading usb" again.
I had to reload the bootloader again to get it to start again on current image.
Its working now on Vix image 3.2.036 but I can't flash it with any image tried several earlier ones

Any thoughts ??

twol
09-05-16, 15:03
Flashed a (genuine) VU+ duo last night same issue - stuck on starting - inserted USB stick and it just said - reading USB for about half hour before I turned it off and downloaded latest Bootloader - after that the duo started and seemed happy enough. I then went to try and flash it with the latest vix image file 4.1.008 and then it stuck on "reading usb" again.
I had to reload the bootloader again to get it to start again on current image.
Its working now on Vix image 3.2.036 but I can't flash it with any image tried several earlier ones

Any thoughts ??
Couch flash .. always better than messinga round with a usb stick :)