PDA

View Full Version : DBEdit.... Managed to kill my box! HELP!

Genie30190
14-02-13, 19:13
Hello there,

I've been using my Vu+ Duo with latest Vix image and Mr mister's E2 settings pointing at 28.2 fine for months but due to a few channels missing due to frequenct changes etc etc. I decided to update to a new lot of E2 settings. I downloaded Mr Misters latest I could find which were 15-01-13, loaded them up in DBEdit and FTP'd them across, clicked reload settings then reload box, it comes back on but nothing happens.

It's just sitting on the black/grey Vix screen, no button presses of the remote do anything although the little light on the STB does light up with each press so it is in comms. I can also FTP into the box with FileZilla so connectivety is still there and I can also reload the box using DBEdit but this seems to come and go.

I can't click menu or anything to get more info etc.

Anyone got any ideas as the Missus is moaning....

Cheers

manicscrewdriver
14-02-13, 19:17
Hang on a moment, i'll post mine up for you to use so at least it will get the wife of your back. They are from my Gigablue Se and should work, they should be enough to get the wife off you back until you have a chance to do it again.

My Gigablue only scanned 28.2e a few days ago so you will probably just have to edit the bouquets as the channels should be there in the initial scan.

That should hopefully get you up and running before SHMBO goes off on one lol.

Use winrar to uncompress it, open it up in DBEdit and save it before transferring it to the box.

If that doesn't work it may be reflash time :D

Hope it helps. After i transfer stuff across i usually hit Reload settings and then reboot the box. It usually works.

Nano

Genie30190
14-02-13, 19:35
********, still getting the same issue as before. Only I would be able to kill my box to the point of needing a reflash just trying to update some channel listings. It doesn't make any sense! Well back to square one I guess.

Thanks for your time and effort anyway, much appreciated.

manicscrewdriver
14-02-13, 19:40
I take it the first bit of you last post refereed to the male reproductive organs :lol3:

Sorry it didn't help. You may find though it will probably work once you have reflashed the box. Thats why i do everything on my main box late in the evening on weekends.

I have the 2 Gigablues to mess with during the day, and if i'm feeling like a challenge i get the TM800 out to play with :trustme:

The TM-2T is strictly out of bounds during the week as its on the main house television in the living room. Not messing with the box during the day is a good compromise that keeps the wife and kids happy.

To be honest i find that usually the new channel listings don't become available until the box has been rebooted, so it may be just that.

Nano

judge
14-02-13, 19:41
Press the TV button to see if it lists your new bouquets & then pick a channel...

Genie30190
14-02-13, 19:48
It was most certainly a male reproductive organ I was referring to, good guess!

Tried the TV button thing previously as I have been caught out by that in the past!!! Well just going to re-flash and configure again now! :-(

manicscrewdriver
14-02-13, 19:48
Have you tried just rebooting first. No harm in trying.

Nano