PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] vix 3.0 v600 freezing while watching any channel

edogg
14-02-13, 15:33
my duo has this annoying problem of freezing, first the picture becomes stationary, and then at the same time it will not respond to the remote control a power cycle cures it sometimes it will immediately freeze again and need a reboot. I have flashed the image fresh and not restored any backups several times, but still happens at least once a day mostly 2-3 times a day

Larry-G
14-02-13, 15:35
Try the cache flush plugin as it could be a memory problem.

edogg
17-02-13, 10:38
I have tried the plugin suggested i.e. cache flush but it it didn't help It has frozen twice this morning and last night it froze 3 times when watching a recording but after a restart the recording played from the position it had froze in with no problem so it was not that the recording had froze but the play back did

log 1361094253.39 sent

Sicilian
17-02-13, 10:55
What plugins have you installed?
How did you install your softcam?

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 11:27
It would be interesting to know if the time in the VFD was frozen at the time problem occurred.

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 11:30
Furthermore: you have XMLTVImport auto-run on boot enabled. Please disable that (why would you want it to be enabled in the first place?).

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 11:35
Furthermore: there is a problem with the webinterface plugin. Please de-install it, restart E2, install it again and do again an E2 restart.

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 11:37
Furthermore: you have a cifs mount on //192.168.0.10/public on /media/net/publicRASPBERRYPI that fails: is that intended?

cosie
17-02-13, 12:04
Robs on fire lol

edogg
17-02-13, 12:32
It would be interesting to know if the time in the VFD was frozen at the time problem occurred.

yes the time is frozen everything stops

Furthermore: you have XMLTVImport auto-run on boot enabled. Please disable that (why would you want it to be enabled in
the first place?).

disabled I just tried this out it made no difference as the freezing started when I was using crossepg I just thought i would try xml instead

Furthermore: there is a problem with the webinterface plugin. Please de-install it, restart E2, install it again and do again an E2 restart. I have uninstalled the webinterface but can only find the old webinterface in the feeds

Furthermore: you have a cifs mount on //192.168.0.10/public on /media/net/publicRASPBERRYPI that fails: is that intended?

Yes the mount was not in fact turned on this morning it is a raspberrypi nas running sab and sickbeard , the freezing was happening before I actually got this nas to connect

thanks for your replies I found the openwbif and installed that and did enigma restart will let you know how that goes thanks again for the suggestions

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 14:37
yes the time is frozen everything stops
This suggests a system crash (not an Enigma crash), so it looks like you're in good company of the few DUO-owners who's boxes suffer from a (suspected) memory-leakage (I'm one of them).

Best try is to activate a swap-file and set the CachFlush plugin to work every 30 minutes. Also make sure you only import as much EPG data as you really need (it's very easy to overstretch the box by importing too much data).
I hope that helps.

edogg
17-02-13, 15:16
thanks but this problem started with the 500 series of vix after 507 i think. Before that it was rock solid with the 3.0e but since the 500's I cannot use the lower 400 versions without the freezing happening very frequently also I tried the cache flush and it did not make any difference in xmltvepg importer i have set satmate skyuk;rytec uk xmltv is this to much

I have been reflashing the image after the freezing got too annoying which is why the swap file wasn't activated in the logs because I start anew with each reflash not restoring the settings so you see I have been trying to find a cure for this with different settings

edogg
17-02-13, 17:01
ok so it looks like rob is right about the memory leak because i have done all of his suggestions, plus uninstalled crossepg and started a 96MB swap file and it has still locked up and strangely I had set swapfile to autostart at startup but after the power cycle it didn't start is there a cure because it only started this behaviour about a month ago

Larry-G
17-02-13, 17:16
ok so it looks like rob is right about the memory leak because i have done all of his suggestions, plus uninstalled crossepg and started a 96MB swap file and it has still locked up and strangely I had set swapfile to autostart at startup but after the power cycle it didn't start is there a cure because it only started this behaviour about a month ago

Dont uninstall crossepg from within the vix image as that will cause instabilities into the image it self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 17:21
Not sure why auto start of swap wouldn't work.

edogg
19-02-13, 16:45
well I have done everything suggested by rob and today the picture has again frozen the sound is continuing I have set the cache clear plugin to run every 15 minutes the picture froze and the duo rebooted each time it ran so put it back to 30 mins I am still confused why this only started after the 500 series updates and why when i go back to 400 or before the freezing gets worse

Rob van der Does
19-02-13, 18:30
Sorry, but no idea then.

dfdream
21-02-13, 10:55
I too am seeing issues recently on DUO, UNO and SOLO. I have updated them all to Vix 3.0 600. For no reason all the boxes get unresponsive (not all at the same time). Firstly a delay of a few seconds happens on pressing any remote control buttons. Then it gradually gets worse. Then eventually no reponse for the remote at all. Then spinning VIX logo. A few times I had this if I kept pressing remote buttons the GUI would restart (not a full restart). If I left it alone it might come back after a few minutes and the remote would function OK again. Once I had to reboot the DUO and the SOLO. TBH Im seeing alot more spinning VIX than I used to. Only extras are RTE Player and cache flush...
I tried online updates (still on 600) but see that I only have 1 update available when I run online update. But nothing downloads. Un-usual that there isnt an online update in 3 weeks or what is the latest update version.

D

ronand
21-02-13, 11:55
Build 600 is the latest - there is ongoing work on the epg and no updates will be released until this is completed. As regards the 1 update available see this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26221-Problm-with-the-feeds&highlight=force+font

garryboy
21-02-13, 12:04
Does it freeze on any other images. Vti or blackhole

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

XRD
23-02-13, 20:59
I experienced this freeze too on 600, went back to my image which has worked flawlessly for me - would you like me to provide a debug log as well? I couldn't even get BlackHole image to recognise any channels when zapping so can't confirm if that works or not unfortunately!