PDA

View Full Version : factory reset

roystheboy
14-02-13, 12:29
Hello if I did a factory reset on my TM800HD box would I loose the Sats and would I need to put in an image or will they be one in there hope you can help cheers take care

manicscrewdriver
14-02-13, 16:06
If you do a factory reset it will just put the image back to the same state it was in when it was first installed.

You will be greeted with the setup wizard which will go through setting the box back up. You will have to select the satellite your dish is pointing at and you will have to rescan it to get your channels back.

If you have any emus installed prior to doing a factory reset you may have to reinstall them.

If you are considering reflashing a new image you can't go far wrong with this one. this is what i am running on mine when it decides to work lol as its got a little issue with the card reader that needs fixing. The channel switch over with this image isn't the fastest but everything seems to work on it, including the download server.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9954-World-of-Satellite-IQ-CoolTV-EPG-Edition-31-07-11-lean-and-fast

Nano

abu baniaz
14-02-13, 16:18
The easiest thing to do is just flash an image by miniroot. Technomate recommend Miniroot as opposed to doing it through the browser. The guide is stickied.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6938-How-to-USB-flash-TM800-HD

The list of satellites are listed in the file called satellites.xml. Transferring the latest copy of Vhannibal or Catseye's list by Dreamset/Dreamboxedit will ensure that you have the lates file as well as latest channel list.

roystheboy
14-02-13, 18:41
Hi so I could do a factory reset and the Image will still be in it all I need to do is scan the sats is it hope thats right cheers

abu baniaz
14-02-13, 19:07
As mentioned on the other forum, if you factory reset, your box may not restart. This does not apply to all images.

Why do you want to spend forever scanning satellites? Just transfer a channel list. This will mean you have all the satellites as well as up-to-date channels organised into bouquets.

manicscrewdriver
14-02-13, 19:32
Those channel list can cause more problems than they solve on the TM800. Thats what i've found with past experience.

If you factory reset the box and it doesn't start, just reflash the box and you will just be back in the same position you would have been had you just reset the box. Scan the satellite and then use Dreamboxedit to create your bouquets on your PC. You then just transfer it back to the TM800.

Thats what i do with mine and it hasn't caused me any issues at all, the box works quite stable once its had a nudge to start.

Not every box seems to react the same way, but i found the pre-made channel lists problematic with my setup.

Nano

abu baniaz
14-02-13, 21:55
In which case, backup channel list using dreamset and restore after flashing image.

roystheboy
14-02-13, 22:10
Hi thats just the point I dont know how to reflash this box never ever flashed a box in my life before would not know where to start cheers take care

manicscrewdriver
14-02-13, 23:10
Ta Dah! :D

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6938-How-to-USB-flash-TM800-HD

roystheboy
15-02-13, 00:25
Hi thats reall great cheers but I am haveing problems with the Image it dont open for me would it be possible to get the right Image for me sorry for being a pain but I really need your help thanks again hope you can help cheers everybody take care

abu baniaz
15-02-13, 00:49
Please explain what you mean by "image don't open for me".

You just download the image, extract it and and put it on USB drive,

manicscrewdriver
15-02-13, 01:58
Just google WINRAR. You can download a free trial version. That will extract the image into a form that you can use to put on to the USB stick to install the image onto your TM800.

Nano

roystheboy
15-02-13, 09:29
no I mean the Image wont open for me I got winrar ,I just cant download it to wxtract sorry thanks again

manicscrewdriver
15-02-13, 12:33
I suggest you try downloading straight from the main folder.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Technomate-TM-800-HD-images

roystheboy
15-02-13, 13:49
Hi sorry but this is ware I am going wrong you gave me that Link thanks, but which Image should I use sorry but I really dont know and I dont want to brick my TM hope you can sort me out cheers guys take care

roystheboy
15-02-13, 23:45
Hello please could you help me I have had a look there are so many Images in there I dont know which one to choose ,hope you will help cheers take carec

Stanman
16-02-13, 00:18
Image is personal choice, best to try one that you like, otherwise pick the one with the most recent post date for the latest image

manicscrewdriver
16-02-13, 00:36
Any of the images in the TM800 section will work, although the newer ones are generally better.

Nano

roystheboy
16-02-13, 10:15
Thanks guys you are very helpfull but I dont know what a Image looks like to download do I click the top one sorry for not understanding cheers