PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Bouquets in EPG

keith0509
14-02-13, 12:01
In the latest build 3.0.600 is there a way that I can open the EPG then press a single button to bring up the bouquet list so I can then browse the EPG on various bouquets/sats.
On older images I used to be able to do this by going into the EPG then press the + or - channel buttons.

satcat
14-02-13, 12:19
try this....when in EPG press menu button,, there should be a option in there to "show bouquets"at start..select that,, and exit,, and then try it again,, cheers satcat

keith0509
14-02-13, 12:23
try this....when in EPG press menu button,, there should be a option in there to "show bouquets"at start..select that,, and exit,, and then try it again,, cheers satcat

Thanks m8, yes I have seen that but it then makes it very long winded to view various bouquets and sats, you have to keep going in and out of the various EPG's

Tkr001
14-02-13, 22:16
Use the < > keys when in graphical EPG to change Bouquet. If you have Show Bouquet at start set then it will bring up the list of bouquets otherise it will cycle through them

keith0509
15-02-13, 10:51
Use the < > keys when in graphical EPG to change Bouquet. If you have Show Bouquet at start set then it will bring up the list of bouquets otherise it will cycle through them

Thanks for that Tkr001,
I was aware that i can use the < or > buttons but that will only scroll through them 1 by 1 which is a pain if the bouquet I want is 30 away.
Also if I activate the "Show Bouquet at start" feature then whenever I press the EPG button the bouquet list will always appear, which never used to be the case.

Rob van der Does
15-02-13, 12:57
So not sure what you want then: scrolling one-by-one is not good, opening a list is not good :confused:

You can also change the order of your bouquets, so the most used are on top.

keith0509
15-02-13, 15:20
So not sure what you want then: scrolling one-by-one is not good, opening a list is not good :confused:

On older images I used to be able to do this by going into the EPG then press the + or - channel buttons which would then open the list of bouquets I could then navigate to any bouquet not just the next in the list.
If I remember correctly the < and > buttons used to be used to view ahead 24 hours.

flingmo
16-02-13, 18:23
Yes I'd like to know the buttons have been changed from < and > to moved backwards and forwards from one days EPG to the next. The Channel + and - don't really mean the same now.

I think what Keith0009 means is that he wants to find and select a particular bouquet as quickly and easily as possible as was possible with the earlier images.

Black Coral
03-03-13, 23:19
I'd like the buttons to be switched back as it takes longer now to navigate bouquets.

In previous builds 'show bouquet on launch' didn't have to be set to yes to show the bouquets list.

Makes more sense to me to have < > skip forward and back a day and + - to open bouquets list.

joetwizzy
06-03-13, 09:47
Yes I agree, I had the same problem. It turned out the removal of it was done on purpose. Not sure why.

andyblac
08-03-13, 11:48
we are trying to keep all buttons in in all EPG screens the same as possible.

Larry-G
08-03-13, 11:55
as andy says the old way was chaotic with so many EPG screens all having different buttons and keymaps, we decided to harmonize the keymap for the whole EPG to attempt to keep things simpler by using the same buttons for the same functions. This is a change we felt had to be made and it is not going to be reversed.

krazylegz
11-03-13, 21:08
I agree with this thread, that was the reason I kept on using vix, now the epg seems just as complicated as the rest of the images out there

Larry-G
11-03-13, 21:11
I agree with this thread, that was the reason I kept on using vix, now the epg seems just as complicated as the rest of the images out there

surely using the same keys for the same functions in all EPG screens is simpler than multiple keys in multiple EPG screens ?.

krazylegz
11-03-13, 21:15
yeah once you get used the them but I love the fact on vix I could just press guide for a epg list up then press the channel + - button for a list to choose like sports, movies, kids etc, was so easy to use it was great

polosolo
11-03-13, 22:57
yeah once you get used the them but I love the fact on vix I could just press guide for a epg list up then press the channel + - button for a list to choose like sports, movies, kids etc, was so easy to use it was great

Removing this option if is the case ? Was not a very good move and it should be incorporated into future builds if possible.
I am sure if there was a poll.. This would be a landslide vote to incorporate it back into the next builds .
I know some say this will not return.......But am sure a Big majority in favour in a Poll could ? change their minds.

Best Regards

polosolo

keith0509
11-03-13, 23:08
Looks like quite a few feel the same way.
Not sure why it was changed in the first place if nobody wanted it changed.
I am still running an old image and sort quite a few family members and friends out who don't like the new version.
Hope the developers can have a re-think on this one.

mickyblueys
11-03-13, 23:10
Well I prefer it new way, so not everybody would vote the way you think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

polosolo
11-03-13, 23:19
I have the Bouquets to open when the EPG buttons is pressed and find this the best option to brows through different categories , see what tv is on later and managing recordings ,while still being able to view the selected channel.
Now if there is an easier option to do this ....please can some kind soul explain ....with a how too .

Best Regards.

polosolo

Mandanddeb
11-03-13, 23:19
I prefer it the new way too it's much easier and makes more sense

People don't like change lol but in this case it's for he better in my opinion the builders of the image should have the final say and if people don't like it go and use bh lol:mad:

Larry-G
11-03-13, 23:40
Removing this option if is the case ? Was not a very good move and it should be incorporated into future builds if possible.
I am sure if there was a poll.. This would be a landslide vote to incorporate it back into the next builds .
I know some say this will not return.......But am sure a Big majority in favour in a Poll could ? change their minds.

Best Regards

polosolo

vast portions of the ViX image are routinely changed upon direct request of our user base even if we our selves dont think the changes are necessary, that said however there are some changes that we simply wont revert and on these we will stick to our guns. This being one of them.

Larry-G
11-03-13, 23:42
I have the Bouquets to open when the EPG buttons is pressed and find this the best option to brows through different categories , see what tv is on later and managing recordings ,while still being able to view the selected channel.
Now if there is an easier option to do this ....please can some kind soul explain ....with a how too .

Best Regards.

polosolo

press the left and right buttons either side of the ok button, this will move you through the various bouquets one at a time.

polosolo
12-03-13, 00:20
press the left and right buttons either side of the ok button, this will move you through the various bouquets one at a time.

I must be missing something because when I press the EPG button on the remote all I get is the channels displayed with the times of the tv shows ect eg: when they start ... and when I press the < > left right buttons next to the ok button all it does is scroll across the times of the events.

They do not navigate through the bouquet categories for me ....What I am I doing wrong ...because if they did navigate as you say ...Then that`s what I`ve always been after , but never have achieved.

Best Regards.

polosolo

Larry-G
12-03-13, 00:26
At this moment in time i'm at work so i cant really help but by pressing the EPG button you should go directly to the Graphical EPG.

judge
12-03-13, 00:27
Use the < > buttons at either side of the number 0.

Larry-G
12-03-13, 00:30

LOL can you tell i dont use that feature much ??.

polosolo
12-03-13, 00:39

That works AWSOME!!! .....I REALLY DID NOT KNOW THAT THEM 2 buttons navigated through the Bouquets :thumbsup:

I been trying all friggin kinds with the buttons next to the ok .lol

So now I realize that them buttons exist ... I have to take back all that I said earlier.... because them to buttons I have just found navigate the Bouquets make the world of difference.. :cool:

Thanks guy`s for your time help and support...I am still getting my heads round all this change.... This is a real fantastic community and I really appreciate all your time , help and guidance.

Best Regards

polosolo

polosolo
12-03-13, 00:42

That feature will keep the Missus of my back now... :D

Very important feature. :)

Best Regards.

polosolo

Larry-G
12-03-13, 01:00
That feature will keep the Missus of my back now... :D

Very important feature. :)

Best Regards.

polosolo

LOL the main thing is your now happy with your setup. I realize that any changes we make can often be hard for people to accept but we really do think long and hard before making such decisions and it's not something we undertake lightly, which is why it can seem that we may come off as a little defensive when challenged over such changes.

any hoo thats enough of my prattle, hope you can now enjoy your receiver a little more.

judge
12-03-13, 01:39
That works AWSOME!!! .....I REALLY DID NOT KNOW THAT THEM 2 buttons navigated through the Bouquets :thumbsup:

now that you know how that works, try using all the number buttons when in ViX EPG & learn a lot more...

judge
12-03-13, 01:40

figured it was just a typo on your part pheonix...

keith0509
12-03-13, 09:30
There used to be a feature within the EPG menu (bring up EPG then press menu button) that would allow us to personalise/set buttons to our own preferences.
If this feature was put back then surely that would please everyone, as we would then be able to choose which way we want our set-up to be.

Rob van der Does
13-03-13, 17:01
now that you know how that works, try using all the number buttons when in ViX EPG & learn a lot more...
Or simply use the 'help-button' that shows you all functions.

BubbleBalls
16-03-13, 09:39
A lot of people, including me, miss going straight into the gepg, browsing, then opening the list if required. I don't always need to see bouquet list at start but it is a very user friendly feature to have a single button press to show the list while browsing. I don't want to use BH. This is a forum so we can post such requests/questions, no? Change will always happen and the features added to this image since I began using it are fantastic. I always update and have gotten great support on this site.

Once in gepg pressing the "Guide/EPG" does nothing. Could this be programmed to bring up the list? So pressing once brings up the EPG, pressing again brings up the list. Would be nice.

joetwizzy
17-03-13, 14:17
as andy says the old way was chaotic with so many EPG screens all having different buttons and keymaps, we decided to harmonize the keymap for the whole EPG to attempt to keep things simpler by using the same buttons for the same functions. This is a change we felt had to be made and it is not going to be reversed.

Well I find it strange that on the other EPG. The arrow keys dont work to change bouqettes, 8 and 2 dont work to go page up and down. So why change a small thing that is very functional and blame it on keeping all epgs the same when they obviously not.

mickyblueys
17-03-13, 16:53
Well I find it strange that on the other EPG. The arrow keys dont work to change bouqettes, 8 and 2 dont work to go page up and down. So why change a small thing that is very functional and blame it on keeping all epgs the same when they obviously not.

They do work like that on mine!... Must be a problem with you'res

BubbleBalls
17-03-13, 16:54
vast portions of the ViX image are routinely changed upon direct request of our user base even if we our selves dont think the changes are necessary, that said however there are some changes that we simply wont revert and on these we will stick to our guns. This being one of them.

Looks like the guys want to keep this as is. I don't want to be argumentative as I appreciate the huge amount of work put into the image. Other users being argumentative may cement the devs standpoint on not changing this aspect.

If there are is any scope in future builds Devs, could you add a single button press to launch the bouquet list, maybe another press of the EPG/Guide button. I'm sure a lot of your users would appreciate it, and it would not alter the current mappings (in my very very limited knowledge)

joetwizzy
17-03-13, 17:04
They do work like that on mine!... Must be a problem with you'res

yes it works on the full EPG but the other one (press up button) to show whats on now, they don't. You have to press blue to access bouquet list and right and left to skip a page.

mickyblueys
17-03-13, 17:07
yes it works on the full EPG but the other one (press up button) to show whats on now, they don't. You have to press blue to access bouquet list and right and left to skip a page.

no!....... it works fine on my single epg when I press right arrow. And it cursors through bouquets without problems on the epg screen you are talking about also.

joetwizzy
17-03-13, 17:53
no!....... it works fine on my single epg when I press right arrow. And it cursors through bouquets without problems on the epg screen you are talking about also.

It doesn't navigate through bouquets it navigates through markers within the bouquet you are currently in. You have to click blue to bring up bouquets where in full EPG blue adds autotimer.

mickyblueys
17-03-13, 17:55
It doesn't navigate through bouquets it navigates through markers within the bouquet you are currently in.

Yes it does on mine......

Edit: stand corrected I was in main bouquet and it cycles through, like you say.

joetwizzy
17-03-13, 17:58
Yes it does on mine

Anyone else? I have two VU Duos on the latest vix and this is the same on both.

beermat
17-03-13, 22:08
The new method for navigating between bouquets when in EPG is crap. In the old method when in EPG you press the + button and then see a list of the bouquets and can navigate between them. With the new version there is no way to see the bouquets list when in EPG you have to use the < > keys. This is a retrograde step. Updates are meant to improve the user experience, this does not work for me and judging by the responses for many others too.

I would urge you to listen to the user base and change this.

BubbleBalls
17-03-13, 22:30
The new method for navigating between bouquets when in EPG is crap. In the old method when in EPG you press the + button and then see a list of the bouquets and can navigate between them. With the new version there is no way to see the bouquets list when in EPG you have to use the < > keys. This is a retrograde step. Updates are meant to improve the user experience, this does not work for me and judging by the responses for many others too.

I would urge you to listen to the user base and change this.

Hi.
By enabling bouquets on launch you can bring up the bouquet list again by pressing the < or > keys. This however obviously shows the list at launch which some users prefer not to happen.

I'm hoping for an amendment in a future build. Maybe the devs will be good to us.

andyblac
17-03-13, 22:42
some changes are a coming..... :D, please be patient.

a sneak peak, (coding not complete yet, so it could change). all i will say for now is you will be able to show/hide bouquets by pressing 'TV' button when inside Graph EPG. (top left menu).

BubbleBalls
17-03-13, 23:11

a sneak peak, (coding not complete yet, so it could change). all i will say for now is you will be able to show/hide bouquets by pressing 'TV' button when inside Graph EPG. (top left menu).

Looks excellent Andy. This should keep us happy, thanks. There were others looking for this option too (skylike). Excellent work. You take user feedback. This is one of the reasons I love VIX.

mickyblueys
18-03-13, 08:45
You're work is greatly appreciated but the whole purpose of epg Is to see what's on. And in you're screenshot. Where you're bouquet list ifs, there was once a brief description of the program highlighted, surely that is of greater importance. Than a bouquet list. How do we get the description now?

mickyblueys
18-03-13, 08:47
You're work is greatly appreciated but the whole purpose of epg Is to see what's on. And in you're screenshot. Where you're bouquet list ifs, there was once a brief description of the program highlighted, surely that is of greater importance. Than a bouquet list. How do we get the description now?

Edit : to early in morning didn't read you're post fully, ignore me! Best of both worlds excellent.

joetwizzy
18-03-13, 09:11

You're a bloody good 'un.

keith0509
18-03-13, 09:30
@ andyblac
Thanks for reconsidering these options.
I'm sure the developers are probably aware but having checked the Pli open source nightly builds they still have the old (favoured) method using the channel + and - buttons.

BubbleBalls
18-03-13, 09:38
@ andyblac
I'm sure the developers are probably aware but having checked the Pli open source nightly builds they still have the old (favoured) method using the channel + and - buttons.

Andy is working on mapping the list to the tv button. It looks excellent and will be released in an upcoming build. When it will be released will depend on how soon he is happy with the coding etc. Andy and co are doing a lot of other work, from reading most posts.

It's great to know this feature is in the pipeline - I'm a patient man now.

Tapatalker

judge
18-03-13, 11:55

@ andyblac

one thing this thread proves, it's impossible to please everyone...
another thing it proves, folks don't read posts properly...

Guys, this is a great & long requested development, give it time to play out, become stable & intuitive functionality before complaining.

Also, there is a good reason there are other images available, if 'old (favoured) method' are preferred, please use them.

andyblac
18-03-13, 12:26
@ andyblac

yeah, and the 'old' epg code, my epg code is vastly different to theirs, i am more about streamlining everything, and not about keep the old way just because everyone is used to it. if i where to do that, half the stuff in our image would not be in it.

bwj
09-10-13, 17:41

I've worked out how to < > scrolling through the bouquets but it takes ages when going through 60+ bouquets (my Sky is also multi-divided into programme types so it takes even longer).

Can I ask then how exactly you go about changing the order of the bouquets in the EPG? I'd like , by way of example,to have French HD listed ahead of the 28.2 Auto bouquet that was the first one I installed.

Rob van der Does
09-10-13, 17:44
Can I ask then how exactly you go about changing the order of the bouquets in the EPG?
It's the same order as the order of the bouquets; so that is what you should change (if you want to).
You can also open a list of bouquets, to be able to pick a list more convenient (see EPG-context menu).

bwj
09-10-13, 18:00
Don't quite follow that sorry - where do you change the order of the bouquets. I've looked but haven't found anything