PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Auto bouquets and cross epg

garryboy
14-02-13, 11:49
Prior to using autobouquets I used to use Mr.mister bouquets and cross EPG

I used to have a scheduled EPG download at 10am each day saved to USB.

I'm now using autobouquets and EPG is always fully populated. I noticed today at 10 am it tried to download epg and stuck on `starting downloader` then goes to blank screen with dvb services on front panel

Can someone tell me correct setup for new autobouquets. Do I need to do a scheduled download?

Any help much appreciated

Garry

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

garryboy
14-02-13, 13:26
Is it possible epg.dat had become corrupted.

Woukd this stop crossepg downloading

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Mister
14-02-13, 13:48
Hi Garry..

You could format your usb stick.. and then try another EPG download..

If your not saving to usb.. and you saving to HDD.. Just ftp into your HDD.. and delete the epg.dat file..

then just do another download..

garryboy
14-02-13, 14:01
Cheers mr,.mister

Sorted now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

garryboy
14-02-13, 20:04
The problem has resurfaced.

Appears to happen after I have downloded the generated autobouquets to dbedit changed regional itv to stv and re uploaded back to the duo.

I then run a cross epg download via bkue button and sticks on starting downloader

Either i use autobouquets and dont mess with them or use a set of already made bouquets

Iike yours Mr.Mister

mickyblueys
14-02-13, 20:23
You have to stop enigma before deleting the epg.dat or you will keep getting problem. Telnet to box init 4
Then ftp and delete epg.dat. Then wake enigma with init 3.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

garryboy
14-02-13, 20:53
Yeh I did that and it sorted and it worked.

Then it happened again. Never had a problem with this before when using Mr.Mister bouquets.

Seems to not like have boquets that have been pulled from autobouquets edited slightly and put back on.

redjohnboy43
09-07-13, 12:19
Hi
you all seem to know what you're talking about so maybe someone can help me as I know nothing about these systems even though I use it. When my autobouquets refresh (every 24 hrs, to flash drive), it displays the bbc1 s. east region. I know there's a way of changing this (I live in the bbc1 N. west region), I have tried going through all the menus but I can't find out how to change it. Anybody help? ( I have a Vu+ duo box)

garryboy
09-07-13, 12:32
Press: menu/ Setup / service searching / AutobouquetsMaker / providers.

Change the Sky Uk area to the one nearest your location.

If you want HD chanels to replace the SD channels then change "swap chanels" to Yes

Finally go back to the AutobouquetsMaker menu and select provider order make sure sky uk is first.

Then run scan and restart box

redjohnboy43
09-07-13, 17:22
Thanks for reply garryboy. I haven't got AutobouquetsMaker in my service searching menu list.
If I go on service searching, the options available then are: Tuner configuration, Automatic scan, Manual scan, Fast scan, Positioner setup, Sat finder, and Remote channel stream converter

garryboy
09-07-13, 17:45
What vix version are you running. You must be on an old one.

Menu/ information