PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 500s

thesparky
05-04-10, 08:18
Got myself a DM500s and a mini dish that did used to work with sly, subbed finished 4 years ago but since then the dish was moved by scaffolding,

so the original sly box didnt get any channels anymore

the dm did pick up bskyb channels on 19.2E but only 11 and 4 of them are repeated,

i since changed the settings to 28.2E, and got no signal, i moved the dish on a horizontal plain and got a good signal, on a scan i got tons of FTA channels with the original enigma image, most of these channels are in German a couple French but non in English

im assuming im still pointing at 19.2E,

should the dish from 19.2 to 28.2 just be a matter or a sidewards movement?
as the original sky box will be set purely for Astra 28.2 i guess the fool proof way is to use that box to tune in the dish?

any ideas?

Sicilian
05-04-10, 08:25
Its more like a sideways arc, yes foolproof was is to hook up orig box. You can buy cheap signal meters in B&Q for about a tenner.

If you where getting French and German channels I'd say you where on Astra 19.2.

thesparky
05-04-10, 08:29
thanks for the quick reply, im guessing then that with the original enigma image a Dark Star image or even a pli jade image you get the same channels?

Sicilian
05-04-10, 08:33
Yes, once aligned you can even download pre-set Enigma1 settings/bouquets for whatever setup you endup keeping. So if you dish just points to 28.2, you can get Enigma1 settings/bouquets for that satellite only, save you scanning/setting them up yourself etc..