PDA

View Full Version : Disaster on pressing the Teletext button

dryrainbow
12-02-13, 17:43
Hi,

On pressing the Teletext button, I could not get any response after the teletext page came on.

So I tried to exit but there was no response again.

I realised that the Remote signals were not being detected by the receiver.

So I switched off from the front panel and rebooted.

After rebooting, there was no response whatsoever. I tried the Channel buttons on the receiver. They worked but nothing else did.

Please help me as I have just bought this receiver with high hopes of not ever getting crushes of this magnitude.

dryrainbow.

Larry-G
12-02-13, 17:51
Have you tried pressing the sat button at the top of the remote so that you know its in the correct mode and not on the TV setting ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
12-02-13, 17:52
Which image do you use?

abu baniaz
12-02-13, 18:50
I've just tried the Teletext button on a TM Twin using Vix 600. No issues exiting from Teletext.

Further to Pheonix post, the button he meant was the STB button at the very top, not the SAT button next to Teletext. When you press a button on the remote, the LED under the STB button should illuminate and an orange icon should show on the front of the Receiver. If neither the TV or STB buttons light, try changing batteries.

Larry-G
12-02-13, 18:53
I've just tried the Teletext button on a TM Twin using Vix 600. No issues exiting from Teletext.

Further to Pheonix post, the button he meant was the STB button at the very top, not the SAT button next to Teletext. When you press a button on the remote, the LED under the STB button should illuminate and an orange icon should show on the front of the Receiver. If neither the TV or STB buttons light, try changing batteries.

yes thats what i meant, ( i'm currently at work and have no access to a remote for reference so was just going off memory ). thanks for the clarification for the OP.

dryrainbow
12-02-13, 19:32
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

I have the latest Vix image.

There is no response at all by the receiver to any RC commands.

There is booting, there is limited response when the channel buttons on the receiver are pressed. No other activity observed.

Otherwise, its the OPENVIX card and nothing else.

Is there a solution?

dryrainbow.

Sicilian
12-02-13, 19:45
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

I have the latest Vix image.

There is no response at all by the receiver to any RC commands.

There is booting, there is limited response when the channel buttons on the receiver are pressed. No other activity observed.

Otherwise, its the OPENVIX card and nothing else.

Is there a solution?

dryrainbow.

What exactly do you mean limited response?
What openvix screen? Blue with trees or black openvix screen?

If you press down button do you see any kind of channel list?

If you press Menu button, does menu appear on screen?

dryrainbow
12-02-13, 20:34
Magically, everything has returned to normal. Incredible!!!

Can you explain why the Teletext button has caused all this inconvenience? Could it be a bug?

One thing is for certain, I will NEVER, EVER, touch the Teletext button again. I wonder if someone else has had this same problem?)

Thanks to all for trying to help me.

What a relief!!

dryrainbow

Larry-G
13-02-13, 00:35
If you had debug logs activated at the time maybe we could have discovered what happened on your receiver. All I can really say is that I have never encountered this issue my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

judge
13-02-13, 00:43
Just tried, build 607 on the TM2T, and no issues with hitting the Teletext button & then exit.
Should be the same with build 600, have you other plugins installed that might take button functions?

dryrainbow
13-02-13, 02:03
I'll think about the debug logs later.

As for the Txt button: I brought up the txt page and proceeded to input the 3 numbers.

Only the first number came up.

I tried a couple of times to input the other 2 numbers to no avail.

I repeated this, but still the other 2 numbers would not appear.

All of a sudden I realised that there was no response to all my RC actions. Panic and Despair.

The rest is documented in this thread.

By the way, I never installed any plug-ins.

So the mystery of the TELETEXT BUTTON may never be resolved.

Thanks again.

dryrainbow.

Rob van der Does
13-02-13, 06:37
Reading through this thread again it looks like the batteries of the R/C were either down or not making proper contact.
Anyway: feel free to use TT, there are no issues in that area.