PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Setup and hardware advice Please.

polosolo
11-02-13, 23:32
Hello Guy`s

I am a real newbie to the sat scene and just got the Ultimo setup with my fixed sky dish and am real happy with the Vix image and the performance.
The Ultimo was upgraded with a tripe tuner, so I really would like to explore the options of adding another Dish to unleash some of its potential.
I live in the North East of England so what would you recommend I upgrade to receive further free to view channels, I am real unsure and would like some pointers Please and advice.
Thank you all for any advice on further setups and hardware needed to meet my requirements.
Best Regards

polosolo

Larry-G
12-02-13, 01:33
My ultimo is setup with a sky uk dish feeding tuners 1 and 2 then a motorised dish on the third tuner, allowing more flexibility. To be honest the options are almost endless depending on exactly what you want to do with it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

polosolo
12-02-13, 02:52
Thanks m8 for your Advice.

I think I wll go with this option But whats the best dish size for my region? I know big is better ....but as a standard what do you think?
I was looking at this package
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Satallite-Dishes/Technomate-Satellite-Dishes/technomate-97cm-motorised-solid-dish-pack with an upgrade lnb ultra quad.

Please can you tell me how your feeds are setup? I have the sky twin cable feeds (1cable in tuner A in) and (1cable in tuner B in) is this correct?
or do I need to use the loop that came with the ultimo in this configuration. ?

Thank you for your time and help.

Best Regards

polosolo

Rob van der Does
12-02-13, 06:52
Moved to the correct section.