PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Recording

Wizard55
11-02-13, 21:41
Hi,

Loaded fresh vix on my tm-twin oe. everything is fine, but when i record a premium channel while watching a fta the box stutters.

2 fta channels are fine, and premium channel is fine once watching it.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Rob van der Does
11-02-13, 21:49
Moved to the correct section.

Wizard55
11-02-13, 22:02
Thanks Rob, sorry about that. Any ideas ??..

judge
11-02-13, 22:12
What build are you on? what bootloader did you use?
What channels are glitching?

Wizard55
11-02-13, 22:16
Hi Judge

Build 600. lastest bootloader.
if i record one channel and watch any premium, sky sports etc the box stutters. if i record sky sports while watching it no problem.
is it a bug on lastest vix

judge
11-02-13, 22:32
Are you using a local card?
I've no glitching problems recording/watching multiple channels including sports on the TM Twin.

abu baniaz
11-02-13, 22:41
I also have no issue recording two premium channels simultaneously as well as having permanent timeshift onto a USB drive.

Wizard55
11-02-13, 22:46
Yip,local card. As I said I can record premium one no problem,once watching it. 2 fta no problem, one fta and I premium box starts to stutter but does record but all broken up ..weird..
Was fine on older version of vix.

judge
11-02-13, 23:02
No idea so, what cam are you using?

Larry-G
12-02-13, 01:37
is it a bug on lastest vix

I use my own 2T as my primary viewing and testing box and I have no such problems with recording multiple encrypted or fta channels. The same is true of my TM Twin also on the same image build as the 2T.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
12-02-13, 06:29
Yip,local card. As I said I can record premium one no problem,once watching it. 2 fta no problem, one fta and I premium box starts to stutter but does record but all broken up ..weird..
Was fine on older version of vix.
Whatever the problem is, it's not related to a ViX version.
What is your tuner setup?

Wizard55
12-02-13, 18:30
Tuner is set to single, and 28.2 and simple

Rob van der Does
12-02-13, 18:32
Tuner is set to single, and 28.2 and simple
Please check in 'Satfinder' if both tuners receive all relevant transponders spotless.

abu baniaz
12-02-13, 23:37
An update, I seem to have encountered a similar issue.

Two separate timers setup for the same time while watching a third. It switched channel as they were on three separate TPs, as expected. However the channel was blank and remained blank and I had to do a reboot to allow viewing.

Debug log submitted. Ref 1360706395.44

judge
12-02-13, 23:41
Rather than reboot, the next time this happens, switch channels, then back to an available channel or recording channel & let us know if it works.

Rob van der Does
13-02-13, 06:21
An update, I seem to have encountered a similar issue.
Two separate timers setup for the same time while watching a third. It switched channel as they were on three separate TPs, as expected. However the channel was blank and remained blank and I had to do a reboot to allow viewing.
Debug log submitted. Ref 1360706395.44
Not sure if you have a similar issue. Your debug log shows a lot of 'broken startcodes' while PTS is active. This might be due to a driver problem, but also to a tuner problem.
For the rest you provide not enough info to tell anything. Such as why the reboot? How the reboot? What did the box (not) do at the time?
And also for you:

Please check in 'Satfinder' if both tuners receive all relevant transponders spotless.

Wizard55
13-02-13, 20:10
Hi Rob,

Checked sat finder and all ok. Was watching a channel last night and box randomly rebooted.I have attachted log files.

Rob van der Does
14-02-13, 02:11
Checked sat finder and all ok. Was watching a channel last night and box randomly rebooted.I have attachted log files.
So both tuners were fine? Then I have no idea where your issue comes from.
Neither have I any idea what the reason of your box's crash is.

Wizard55
14-02-13, 22:25
Hi rob,

Loaded 4d image and no issues. Same configuration and setup.

Thanks for all your help ..

Larry-G
15-02-13, 00:37
I have tried many combinations in my attempt to replicate this all unsuccessfully.

I have disabled tuner B via the tuner setup page so that i know every thing is going through the same tuner.

Tried FTA ( recording ) to FTA ( viewing )
and
Premium ( recording ) to Premium ( viewing )

I even tried to push it to the limits as follows.

Nat Geo HD ( recording )
Comedy Central HD ( recording )
Eden HD ( recording )
Nickelodeon HD ( viewing )

all the above through the same tuner and no glitching at all, i'll leave it 10 minutes then check the recordings to see if there ok.

On another test i then added Nickelodeon HD to the recording list and am still able to zap through all of the above channels without any problems what so ever.

take no notice of the distortions in the screen shots, there is none at all via the tv output and no glitching at all.

p.s i just noticed this is for the TWIN and my tests were on the 2T, i'll do the same tests on the TWIN in the morning and post the results.

Larry-G
15-02-13, 00:45
just to update this, i have played 1 to 2 minutes from all recordings ( while there still recording ), again no glitches and all are working perfectly.

judge
15-02-13, 02:31
pheonix, do you have access to RTE1 & RTE2?
if so, can you record one & watch the other? both will use the same tuner.

Rob van der Does
15-02-13, 05:59
pheonix, do you have access to RTE1 & RTE2?
if so, can you record one & watch the other? both will use the same tuner.
And if so, please do the test for both tuners?
Also I'm not sure any more if OP has an equal setup for both tuners or a loopthrough.

Wizard55
15-02-13, 07:52
I was on build 600, not build 607 a difference maybe. Plus the issue only happened when I did a fresh flash.

I have tried many combinations in my attempt to replicate this all unsuccessfully.

I have disabled tuner B via the tuner setup page so that i know every thing is going through the same tuner.

Tried FTA ( recording ) to FTA ( viewing )
and
Premium ( recording ) to Premium ( viewing )

I even tried to push it to the limits as follows.

Nat Geo HD ( recording )
Comedy Central HD ( recording )
Eden HD ( recording )
Nickelodeon HD ( viewing )

all the above through the same tuner and no glitching at all, i'll leave it 10 minutes then check the recordings to see if there ok.

On another test i then added Nickelodeon HD to the recording list and am still able to zap through all of the above channels without any problems what so ever.

take no notice of the distortions in the screen shots, there is none at all via the tv output and no glitching at all.

p.s i just noticed this is for the TWIN and my tests were on the 2T, i'll do the same tests on the TWIN in the morning and post the results.

abu baniaz
16-02-13, 00:42
Not sure if you have a similar issue. Your debug log shows a lot of 'broken startcodes' while PTS is active. This might be due to a driver problem, but also to a tuner problem.
For the rest you provide not enough info to tell anything. Such as why the reboot? How the reboot? What did the box (not) do at the time?
And also for you:

Firstly thanks for taking the time to look at the logs.
I am on build 600. Both the tuners can receive the same same transponders. This was tested by satfinder as well as by disabling one tuner at a time.

What happened was that the my daughter only follows one program and the Missus' program also broadcasts at the same time. I was going to record the Mrs' one as normal but was hoping to record the dughter's one so she could watch it later.

Channels switched over to daughter's channel to allow for the recording. When I switched channel to check that the Mrs' one was recording, the screen was black. Initially all the channels showed as being available on the bouquet list. A few seconds later chanenls on the bouquet list became unavailable as was expected. Switching to any of the "available" channels on the wifes' TP still did not show a picture. Those on the daughter's one were fine.

I then restarted the receiver as a damage limitation exercise. This is the first time I have had simultaneous timers for the same time that required a channel change. Over the last 12 months I have recorded channels on both tuners without issue. This was the first time it let me down.

I don't know if this is a swapping tuner at the same time issue or driver issue. If there are any other tests that I can run to help locate the issue, please let me know.

I recorded RTE1 and RTE2 simultaneously as well, both recorded fine.

Rob van der Does
16-02-13, 08:22
Thanks for clarifying.

1- Where the troublesome recordings on FTA or on scrambled channels?
2- Which cam do you use?
3- did the infobar show you that both tuners were in use indeed?
4- What happens if you record one of those two channels and then watch the other while the recording is going on?
5- What is your tuner configuration?

abu baniaz
16-02-13, 19:25
I had another recurrance under slightly different circumstances. I shall answer for the first time before detailing the second.

Scrambled
2- Which cam do you use?
Mgcamd135a from openvix site using Mr Mister's config files.
Yes, but not immediately.
4- What happens if you record one of those two channels and then watch the other while the recording is going on?
Only one was displayed. Hang on for second occurrance description.
Tuner A- Static 28.2. The viewable channel was on this tuner
Tuner B- Rotor and 28.2 using diseqc. I changed this for second occasion.

Second occasion. Debug Ref: 1361032333.37 sent. I do not believe it had caught up. 2nd Debug log also sent Ref 1361036161.46. It has todays date.
After the first failure, I have changed my tuiner setup and simplified it. Both tuners set to simple. Tuner A still simple, static 28.2. Tuner A, simple motorised.

I was watching a game on 13E. Mrs setup a timed record on 28.2. Recording kicked in, pop up came up as normal. After a few seconds I flicked channel to check the channel being recorded. It was blank. Similar sort of failure, however failure is on opposite tuners. The encrypted channel on 13E was still showing without issue. I went to softcam manager. There was momentarily display of text at the very top where it shows active cams. I could not make out what it said. It then went to display mgcamd. I restarted the softcam and then the "timer channel" displayed a picture. I went back to view the match.

Game finished, timed recording finished. I played back the timed recording, it played back. It appears that the recording started from the moment the softcam was restarted. There was no blackness. I submitted teh debug logs. They do not seem to have showed todays one. So I restarted teh receiver and sent the 2nd one.
I recorded the same two channels manually without a problem. Issue seems to arise when the timer is involved.

Scrambled
2- Which cam do you use?
Mgcamd135a from openvix site using Mr Mister's config files.
Yes. Note that trouble was on alternate tuner this time. I think it is not tuner related.
The live view channel displayed without issue. The timed record channel was blank for a while until Cam restart. After cam restart timed channel also displayed and I was able to view both. Checked one for a while for a few seconds and continued to watch match.
Tuner A- Static 28.2. The timed record channel was on this tuner. Channel was blank to begin with. I restarted softcam and then the picture displayed.
Tuner B- Rotor only. I was watching an encrypted channel on this tuner.

Wizard55
16-02-13, 19:54
Hi abu,

Mine was on 28.2 only. But instead of blank I got a broken up picture and blank sometimes. I hear there are new drivers coming and will flash vix again once drivers are released.

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 04:43
Thanks for your clear experiments.
I'm beginning to suspect MGcamd. Would it be possible to use CCcam?

cokebottles
26-03-13, 00:09
Im using CCcam on .632. I have a Seagate 1Tb in there for recordings. I have both tuners fed from a static dish on 28.2E. Simple configuration for both tuners. I can watch one channel on the box fine, and stream another from a different TP to view on my mac with no issues or stuttering.

The other night I scheduled a recording of two premium channels simultaenously. Upon playback of one of the recordings, one was badly stutttering. I did another test tonight. Scheduled two channels to record simulatenously and put the box in standby. Both recordings were completed. One played back fine, the second stuttered every few seconds; completely unwatchable.

Im wondering if my problem is related to OPs problem and is there anything I can check on my box which would help out? Also might help me solve my own problem.