PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Twin boot on the VU+ duo

chillerman
11-02-13, 19:16
Hi,
Sorry for starting a new thread but I’m a newbie,
I have looked through the sticky’s and unless I have missed it I can see a guide on setting up twin boot on the VU+ duo, Is this possible ?
The second guide that I can’t find is
How to flash a new image from LAN I have come across install from a USB Stick but am unable to see were to down load the PDF from,
Any pointers are most welcome
Thank you for your help in advance and also your patient’s

Larry-G
11-02-13, 19:24
ViX have never supported nor do we recommend using multi boot options with any receiver as it can cause any amount of issues. also with the use of personal backups you can create a full image backup that can be flashed back to the receiver in mere minutes allowing you to jump between fully working images when ever you want to.

That said if you must you could google meoboot.

chillerman
11-02-13, 19:39
Thanks Pheonix,
if I was to go down the personal backup’s route I image that I would be able to have a VIX image and a PLI image and just flash from the personal backup whichever one I required?
If this is the case is there a guide / sticky for personal backup?

Larry-G
11-02-13, 19:51
Thanks Pheonix,
if I was to go down the personal backup’s route I image that I would be able to have a VIX image and a PLI image and just flash from the personal backup whichever one I required?
If this is the case is there a guide / sticky for personal backup?

Thats pretty much exactly the case.

In ViX we have a custom made and very powerful set of backup managers that will do the job for you.

Blue button> ViX> Image manager. you can use this to create your full image backup and store it somewhere safe, you simply flash this backup back to the receiver in the same way as you do any other image via USB. for Pli you would need a thirdparty plugin called backup suite to do the same thing.

i have included backup suite here for you but dont install it on the ViX image it may cause problems.

chillerman
11-02-13, 20:10
Thank you i will do some more reading and have a go in the week :)

Rob van der Does
11-02-13, 20:19
The PLi backup suite can be installed from the PLi feeds.