PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] update frozen?

roy0110
11-02-13, 12:49
hi,
i updated yesterday to build 600.
today in software update i noticed there was an update available, i chose to VIEW UPDATE, there was no info in there.
i clicked update anyway and i think something updated but OSD states:
unattended update in progress
please wait until your vu+uno reboots
this may take a few minutes

it has been like this for about 20 mins now, is this normal?

Larry-G
11-02-13, 13:03
power the receiver off and let it sit for a minute or two then power it back on.

Then Try a telnet session with the following command

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade

you may see a error, something about fonts if you do enter the following command

opkg install enigma2-fonts --force-overwrite && init 3

once the receiver reboots check to see if the update icon is still present, also worth mentioning that this error is fixed in later builds but as there is a major overhaul with the skins going on the new build may be a few days away still.

roy0110
11-02-13, 13:16
i have used DCC to telnet the first command, a load of stuff came up about updating packages but there was no error message.
the box seems to have powered down to where the the display just says vu+ uno
should i turn it off and back on again?

Larry-G
11-02-13, 13:18
No need just issue the init 3 command to restart enigma.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
11-02-13, 13:22
it has been like this for about 20 mins now, is this normal?
Do you have picons from the feeds installed? An update for that also isn't being displayed and an update can take as long as 30 minutes.

roy0110
11-02-13, 13:23
ok, did the init 3 cmd
box has rebooted, update icon isnt flashing.
there was no sound until i changed channel, i recall someone else reporting this particular glitch, it will be fixed in a future build i guess?

roy0110
11-02-13, 13:26
Do you have picons from the feeds installed? An update for that also isn't being displayed and an update can take as long as 30 minutes.

yes i do actually, i had no idea an update could take that long.
will the picons have updated now that i went through the above instructions?

Larry-G
11-02-13, 13:30
yes i do actually, i had no idea an update could take that long.

The reason it would take so long is because each picon has to be overwritten one at a time, especially where the picons can number in the thousands.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

roy0110
11-02-13, 13:39
ok, thanks for your help.
i'll bear update times in mind in the future.

Rob van der Does
11-02-13, 14:31
Not sure; best way to be sure is to de-install them and then install them again.
If picons are installed in flash (always the best location) they will also be updated using the update commands via telnet. If they are installed on an other location, they will not be updated via telnet.

roy0110
11-02-13, 14:34
Not sure; best way to be sure is to de-install them and then install them again.
If picons are installed in flash (always the best location) they will also be updated using the update commands via telnet. If they are installed on an other location, they will not be updated via telnet.

yes, picons installed in flash.