PDA

View Full Version : Nbox BSLA Enigma2 HD Dual Tuner 250 Gb

warajoker
11-02-13, 09:13
I was looking for a cheap enigma2 box to use until the duo2 is released and I came across this one. it has enigma2 installed and its a twin tuner. it also has a 250gb hardrive installed aswell. has anyone used one of these before.

manicscrewdriver
11-02-13, 09:54
I did look at one of these boxes for my daughters room. They use SH4 architecture rather than MIPS so in a lot of respects they are a little bit like an Amiko Alien other than they have an earlier chipset design and less usable memory. They also cannot run CCCam, so unless you know what your doing with OSCam it may be a white elephant.

They can be gotten for as little as £60 running standard N-ITI software, but up to now i haven't managed to find any usable tips or guides on how to put enigma 2 onto them. That may have something to do with most info being in Polish. I don't even know if the E2 software is available in English or just Polish.

To be honest i'm a little sceptical due to the price, although you never know they may be a good box. For the money they are worth the punt. If buying off ebay i would recommend checking all feedback first.

Nano

warajoker
11-02-13, 12:28
the price looks to good to be true considering its a twin tuner aswell and it has enigma2 installed and it includes a 250gb hardrive. all of that for £105
I did look at one of these boxes for my daughters room. They use SH4 architecture rather than MIPS so in a lot of respects they are a little bit like an Amiko Alien other than they have an earlier chipset design and less usable memory. They also cannot run CCCam, so unless you know what your doing with OSCam it may be a white elephant.

They can be gotten for as little as £60 running standard N-ITI software, but up to now i haven't managed to find any usable tips or guides on how to put enigma 2 onto them. That may have something to do with most info being in Polish. I don't even know if the E2 software is available in English or just Polish.

To be honest i'm a little sceptical due to the price, although you never know they may be a good box. For the money they are worth the punt. If buying off ebay i would recommend checking all feedback first.

Nano

manicscrewdriver
11-02-13, 12:47
I'll let you know in a few weeks i've just bought one lol

I thought sod it, My daughter wants a box she can record on and for the price it doesn't matter if she wrecks it, which she will undoubtedly do.
Firmware wise there is the Freebox E2, PKT Nebula v2, PKT Nebula Zero and Open Pli is available for it also, so i'm being optimistic about it. I have asked to have PKT Nebula Zero installed on it. I used Nebula V3 on my old Alien SHD-8900 and to be honest it was OK

As long as my daughter can watch what she wants on it and it records fine thats all that matter really.

It also means she will leave my boxes alone now lol

Nano

warajoker
11-02-13, 12:48
yh I currently have the solo2 but I want to sell it while it still has its value and buy a cheap box until the duo2 is released.
I'll let you know in a few weeks i've just bought one lol

I thought sod it, My daughter wants a box she can record on and for the price it doesn't matter if she wrecks it, which she will undoubtedly do.

Open Pli is available for it also, so i'm being optimistic about it. As long as my daughter can watch what she wants on it and it records fine thats all that matter really.

Nano

Sicilian
12-02-13, 17:35
yh I currently have the solo2 but I want to sell it while it still has its value and buy a cheap box until the duo2 is released.

Duo2 could be months away, no release date is confirmed.

manicscrewdriver
12-02-13, 17:56
To be honest i don't think the Vu+ Solo 2 will depreciate that much over the next six months, unlike the DM7020Si i just sold. I only lost £260 on it from new lol. Still i've had nearly six years use out of it so i can't complain

Nano

chriss171
19-02-13, 14:05
hi guys. ive also order this box. will be here tomorrow. for any help or tips. there is a polish guy on XXXXXX forum that knows all the ins and outs of this box. i paid 99 quid inc delivery and enigma 2 and nebula v2 installed... heard loads of good stuff about this box.. will update tomorrow when box is up and running

josh_g
19-02-13, 15:02
These do look like a bargain at the price but i would be keen to hear some reviews on them running enigma 2 could be a cheap winner really.

manicscrewdriver
19-02-13, 15:28
When did you order yours chriss171 as i'm still waiting for mine. Its been just over a week now since i ordered it.

bassethound
19-02-13, 15:56
Seen one on ebay item No XXXXXXXXXX for £99.99+£11.99 p&p with pli pre installed

tempted to get one my self but moving house this week so going to wait till some someone does a positive review

josh_g
19-02-13, 16:22
Seen one on ebay item No XXXXXXXXXX for £99.99+£11.99 p&p with pli pre installed

tempted to get one my self but moving house this week so going to wait till some someone does a positive review

Agreed.. i still have a feeling of sounds to good to be true!

manicscrewdriver
19-02-13, 16:31
To be honest i don't think they will be that bad. They are running a SH4 STi 7100 chipset which is in the same series of chipset as the Amiko Alien SHD8900. I had my SHD8900 running quite well under PKT Nebula V3 and it wasn't that bad a box until it packed up, but thats another story.

I think as a basic box as long as you don't expect too much from it, it will probably be OK. I can't see it taking the world by storm, but if you just want it just to record on and to watch TV on then it will probably tick all the boxes.

Nano

josh_g
19-02-13, 17:15
i see what you mean Nano, but i haven't herd the best reviews for the Alien running enigma. but for a spare box for the price i can see it being workable just mayb not good for every day usage

Mr. Mister
19-02-13, 17:23
If it were me.. I would save my pennies for another couple of weeks and go for a Max Digital XP1000.. Just cause it runs Vix..

manicscrewdriver
19-02-13, 17:35
As much as some of the bad things i have said about the Alien boxes, most of them were directed at the Alien2 which has the STi 7162 chipset not the STi7100 or STi7101 chipsets. I got my Alien SHD8900 running quite nicely before it stopped working, it was a pity the same couldn't have been said about the Alien2. I can quite honestly say the Alien2 was the worst box i have ever had the displeasure of owning.

The good thing i find about the nBox is that you don't have the crappy Spark system to worry about taking up half the space available in Flash. This is what attracted me to this box, plus the twin tuner and Harddrive. Its a cheap box that will hopefully do the job its been purchased for.

If you really think about it in essence all it is, is like a jail broken Sky+ HD Box, just with a bit more memory and better software. I haven't managed to find out what Chipset a Sky+ HD box uses unfortunately to make a complete analogy :D

I'm not expecting this box to be all singing all dancing, i'm just expecting it to work and do what it says it does. I have my other boxes for running plugins and stuff like that with.

I may try to set it up so my Gigablue can record to the HDD in it but that will probably be about it.

Mr Mister, i have 3 other boxes running VIX, plus the nBox is mainly for the kids to use :smiley_yup:

I just want something new to play with, plus it will keep the kids away from my boxes :D

I can finally delete all the stuff from Nickelodeon that's filling up the hard drive on my TM-2T.

chriss171
19-02-13, 21:21
nanochickin i ordered mine last wednesday. the guy i got my off get it from poland unmoddfied and does the soldering etc... i read reviews of people saying once set up. will compete with the high end market. the reason why i got one was for record one channel watch another. good epg and simple layouts. plus lots of plug ins

manicscrewdriver
19-02-13, 21:25
Was it Euro Trans you had it from by any chance?

chriss171
19-02-13, 21:27
yes mate it was. he says 7 days from ordering to delivery. i spoke to him yesterday and he said i will receive it tomorrow (fingers crossed)

manicscrewdriver
19-02-13, 21:47
It uses a chipset similar to the Amiko Alien SHD8900 so i have no idea how ell the E2 plugins would work on it. Should be interesting to find out though :D

chriss171
19-02-13, 21:50
considering this is my second box as im new to this its gunna be a challenge lol ive currently got open box x3 nothing like the nbox lol

manicscrewdriver
20-02-13, 00:31
Oh dear lol :D

Be prepared for a very steep learning curve my friend :trustme:

I'll help as much as i can but obviously due to forum rules there will be certain parts that you will be on your own with :confused:

Sicilian
20-02-13, 06:41
Personally would not touch these with a bargepole. Anything not broadcom based runs Enigma 2 poorly. These units from what I've read are hardware modified to run E2 and furthermore most sellers are only offering around 3 months warranty. Stick with XP1000, TM-Single or TM-2T if you want something competitively that work, has full warranty and best all runs ViX :D.

warajoker
20-02-13, 08:21
I never purchased one in the end. I just bought the ultimo from the sponsor.

manicscrewdriver
21-02-13, 12:39
My nBox5800SX came yesterday and i set it up for my daughter to use and i have to say i'm well impressed with it. I have it running PKT Nebula Zero with OSCam and it does what it says on the tin. Its not the fastest box in the world and it does lag a little when changing channels, although the CrossEPG plugin works well with it and recording on it isn't an issue either. I'm actually very impressed with it.

Its not at a standard yet where i would call it competitive against my other boxes, but its not bad at all :D

I will have to play with it more to decide how good it actually is but at the moment it looks promising considering the SH4 chipset it uses.

Nano

chriss171
21-02-13, 20:37
also recieved my nbox yesterday and i too am impressed. big jump and learning curve from openbox to nbox but thankfully i pick things up quickly. couldnt get oscamm to work on nebula 2 (dont know why) so used mgcamd config file and the mgcamd 135 easier to set up.

manicscrewdriver
21-02-13, 22:00
Took me about 2 mins to set it up. I had already written the OSCam config files for it a few nights ago. All i had to do is install OSCam 1.20 SVN 8398 on it and its working absolutely peachy.

If your not used to it OSCam isn't the easiest emu to get you head round.

Nano

rsi50000
23-03-13, 11:34
What plugins work with this box? I got one setup up emu etc all fine but want too try some plugins. Where did you get crossepg for this box? In the information screen it says 2013-01-18-MASTER Release 8.0.0

manicscrewdriver
24-03-13, 22:31
To be totally honest i don't really use that many plugins on any of my boxes, even the MIPS ones. The CrossEPG was already preinstalled in PKT Nebula :D

Don't expect the nbox to run all the available E2 plugins because it won't due to the limitations of the chipset. Most plugins are written to work on a MIPS box not an SH4 one.

If you are running a different image from PKT Nebula Zero you can use the cross epg IPK.file i have attached. It's for SH4 chipset receivers not MIPS based ones.

I haven't installed any other plugins on my nBox but it should be the same as most other Enigma2 receivers. Copy the uncompressed file (uncomress the downloaded file with WinRAR first) over to tmp folder on the box, CHMod (Change the files attributes) to 755 and install from blue button.

Nano

cooldude2013
17-10-13, 11:06
Hello sorry about this how do u install this to the box with the hdd ect i did it once and now forgot how to thank you

vayen
01-12-14, 00:53
you need to extract the ipk file and ftp the ipk file to your tmp folder on your box then goto bluepanel then click on plugins then addons then ipk menu then install

webby23
27-12-14, 21:29
can anyone help when the other dish cable attached to input a i get nothing take it out and its fine?