PDA

View Full Version : Card not opening in card reader/2 CI slots of tm-twin-oe

dryrainbow
10-02-13, 22:33
I have an official Viaccess card but it does not open in my 'new' TM-TWIN-OE. I have tried it in the card reader, as well as in the two CI slots.

What is the problem here and how can I fix it?

I am getting a message 'you have no permission to view video'. This is absurd as I use this same card in my nanoxx receiver and my older DM800, without any problem whatsoever. My utter joy of finally owning the TM-TWIN-OE has been marred by its inability to read the card. Please help.

Thanks.

dryrainbow.

warajoker
10-02-13, 22:34
have you installed a cam? like ccam/oscam
I have an official Viaccess card but it does not open in my 'new' TM-TWIN-OE. I have tried it in the card reader, as well as in the two CI slots.

What is the problem here and how can I fix it?

I am getting a message 'you have no permission to view video'. This is absurd as I use this same card in my nanoxx receiver and my older DM800, without any problem whatsoever. My utter joy of finally owning the TM-TWIN-OE has been marred by its inability to read the card. Please help.

Thanks.

dryrainbow.

dryrainbow
10-02-13, 22:55
Can you please explain, as I am a newbie.

If its too technical a matter, I would rather a technician do it for me.

Many thanks.

dryrainbow.

warajoker
10-02-13, 23:13
Can you please explain, as I am a newbie.

If its too technical a matter, I would rather a technician do it for me.

Many thanks.

dryrainbow.

its not technical at all. first do you have your dish setup to the correct sat?. and you will need to ftp to your reiciver and install a cam

dryrainbow
10-02-13, 23:35
I do have a perfect set-up. Which cam should I use and where can I find it, please?

You are most helpful. Thanks.

dryrainbow.

judge
10-02-13, 23:40
What image are you using?
If VIX, you can grab cams on http://openvix.co.uk

dryrainbow
11-02-13, 00:12
Will give it a try.
Much obliged.
Cheers.

dryrainbow.

manicscrewdriver
11-02-13, 00:23
It also would help if we knew what Viaccess card you have. If its a Fransat one you will be completely out of luck.

Nano

dryrainbow
11-02-13, 01:07
Its a V 4.0 SRG/SSR.

dryrainbow.

ps: I am still not sure which cam to grab from http://openvix.co.uk, and how to proceed eventually.

I am very tech-illiterate and need step by step instructions.

judge
11-02-13, 01:20
I presume you are using ViX so?
No idea what cam works with that card.
I'd start with cccam - http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/&file=enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk
FTP it to /tmp/ on the box, then blue button -> ViX -> Install Local Extension

Create a blank CCcam.cfg text file & ftp it to /etc/

Restart the box, blue button -> Softcam manager -> green button, to start the cam.

If you need a different cam, I'm sure someone will point you to the correct one soon...

manicscrewdriver
11-02-13, 01:45
I think you need OSCam for opening an SRG card, although it also depends on which version of Viaccess the card is.

SRG Cards available are Viaccess 2.6, 4.0 and 5.0. I know for definite you can open that card with OSCam if its Viaccess 4.0.

What emu were you sing on your Dreambox? There's no reason why the same settings shouldn't work on the TM.

Nano

dryrainbow
11-02-13, 12:58
Thanks judge.
Will follow your direections.

dryrainbow

dryrainbow
11-02-13, 13:01
I think you need OSCam for opening an SRG card, although it also depends on which version of Viaccess the card is.

SRG Cards available are Viaccess 2.6, 4.0 and 5.0. I know for definite you can open that card with OSCam if its Viaccess 4.0.

What emu were you sing on your Dreambox? There's no reason why the same settings shouldn't work on the TM.

Nano

Thanks Nano. I have V.4.o so everything should be fine.

dryrainbow