PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Problm with the feeds

josh_g
10-02-13, 15:00
Hi all,

Having a bit of a problem with the update feeds :( i constantly have the green flashing update dot.. so i go to software update and view changes and none appear i choose to update anyway and it does all the stuff and then the green dot comes back and the same situation again :eek:

I'm on build 600 but it won let me get any further than that! any suggestions?

Larry-G
10-02-13, 15:08
Try a telnet session with the following command

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade

you may see a error, something about fonts if you do enter the following command

opkg install enigma2-fonts --force-overwrite && init 3

once the receiver reboots check to see if the update icon is still present, also worth mentioning that this error is fixed in later builds but as there is a major overhaul with the skins going on the new build may be a few days away still.

josh_g
10-02-13, 15:13
thanks for this silly question well using putty to telnet in what is the password?

Larry-G
10-02-13, 15:19
There is none by default but if using putty you will have to first set one.

what OS are you using in your PC ? as if your using windows you can easily and quickly use the default inbuilt telnet client.

How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7 - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

josh_g
10-02-13, 15:21
DONE IT :thumbsup:

Cheers pheonix you are a legend

Larry-G
10-02-13, 15:23
DONE IT :thumbsup:

Cheers pheonix you are a legend

no worries, i'm more than happy to help where and when possible.

josh_g
10-02-13, 15:32
so i am on the latest build its just a bug within it? and when the new build is released it will flash again?

Larry-G
10-02-13, 15:37
so i am on the latest build its just a bug within it? and when the new build is released it will flash again?

yes your on the latest build ( public build ) and once the ones were testing go live we will update with the required info, but rite now there is no need to reflash, a image update will suffice. That may change though, depending on the changes andy has to do with the skins.

josh_g
10-02-13, 15:42
thanks for all the info

chucknorris666
14-02-13, 09:42
Hmmm interesting I get the green icon too, will try the above fix thanks Pheonix :)