PDA

View Full Version : How not to make a BUG report.

richca
02-01-13, 17:53
just updated to 545 and now not working????

come on guys i had every faith in your images until this image vix 3 came out, had nothing but problems

can you guys have a very close look at this image and see if the image is beyond the capabilities of the duo, as im constantly having problems AND NOW NOT WORKING AT ALL

GET A GRIP GUYS!!!!!!!!!

had to downgrade back to 544 to get it working again, whats the problem in the 545 update????

Sicilian
02-01-13, 18:18

come on guys i had every faith in your images until this image vix 3 came out, had nothing but problems

can you guys have a very close look at this image and see if the image is beyond the capabilities of the duo, as im constantly having problems AND NOW NOT WORKING AT ALL

GET A GRIP GUYS!!!!!!!!!

had to downgrade back to 544 to get it working again, whats the problem in the 545 update????

No problem here on 545 and your the 1st to report a Duo issue with 545 :confused:

richca
02-01-13, 18:20
No problem here on 545 and your the 1st to report a Duo issue with 545 :confused:

not the first to report issues with vix 3 though and seem to be continuing to do so,

please get it sorted out, thank you

Sicilian
02-01-13, 18:22
not the first to report issues with vix 3 though and seem to be continuing to do so,

Sort what out exactly? Your post is not helpful, you've posted no specific issue and no logs.

So are we supposed to mind read?

Did you try a fresh flash of 545 with no settings restore?

Larry-G
02-01-13, 18:53

GET A GRIP GUYS!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 Duo's and both work flawlessly with all ViX 3.0 images, even my technophobe youngest brother uses a Duo with the latest ViX 3.0 images without problems. Dont get me wrong i'm not dismissing your claims but you need to provide us with information about your problem rather than going on a pointless rant.

unless i suddenly developed magical psychic powers in my sleep this morning, how am i supposed to know what your issue is or how to help you ?.

And the Victor Meldrew act is not helpful.

afc_rich
02-01-13, 19:02

GET A GRIP GUYS!!!!!!!!!

I have a Duo and think the image is fantastic. You do realise that the team that puts the image together do so in there own time and don't charge you a penny for it?

richca
02-01-13, 19:07
i take offense to your remark "RANT", and the victor meldrew statemt, do you think you are something special with comments like that?? i am like everyone else on this forum to have my say to issues raised when using the images, would you make a statement like that to everyone who makes a comments against your image?? i wouldn't think so, as im sure you wouldn't have a forum if you did

i have provided details of all my issues previously in this thread and other threads and these have went unanswered, as usual on this forum

i will list a couple for you again, stuttery image and reduced picture quality compared to vix 2.4 which others have also remarked on as in having this problem, problems with playing mkv, avi and mp4 files, mainly sound issues or no sound, non responsiveness at time when trying to change channels through the bouquets

Larry-G
02-01-13, 19:18
i take offense to your remark "RANT", and the victor meldrew statemt, do you think you are something special with comments like that?? i am like everyone else on this forum to have my say to issues raised when using the images, would you make a statement like that to everyone who makes a comments against your image?? i wouldn't think so, as im sure you wouldn't have a forum if you did

i have provided details of all my issues previously in this thread and other threads and these have went unanswered, as usual on this forum

i will list a couple for you again, stuttery image and reduced picture quality compared to vix 2.4 which others have also remarked on as in having this problem, problems with playing mkv, avi and mp4 files, mainly sound issues or no sound, non responsiveness at time when trying to change channels through the bouquets

personally i really dont care if you take offense or not.

We are a group of amateurs who provide all of our work for free, I personally spend 70 plus hours a week on this forum helping people with their problems, but people like you insist on shouting their mouths off without actually telling us what problems there having. I am not psychic, so if you want help you have to do some leg work your self too, otherwise leave off the amateur dramatics as im not interested.

Stanman
02-01-13, 19:22

You seriously expect us to keep track of every single post on these forums and recall their issues??

I am afraid you need assistance than every new issue / thread your gonna have to post up your set up etc as its simply unrealistic to expect us to know what yours is.

We have over 35,000 members and real lives to live as well.

In the absence of any useful information, than Pheonix is right it was a rant and as you well know bold right = shouting so some learn some forum etiquette.

Cumulatively the 3X version of the image has been downloaded over 5000 times, there is no systemic problem with the image and do not make out as if one is.

If your having issues detail what it is, attach logs if you have them and detail your setup and we will try to help you.

roughneck
02-01-13, 20:30
100% with the Vix team on this one, image is superb and how they keep improving things is above and beyond. It's a hobby for them (bordering on obsession perhaps :D,) and we all benefit from this with no financial gain for the team.

My Duo is a couple of years old now, works great with latest image, have catseye plus bouquetmaker for the 28 east sat and can't fault performance for my needs.

Keep up the good works everyone :cool:

richca
02-01-13, 20:56
i apologise that i dont do the crawling bit, but that aint me and never will be, i am entitled to spell out my issues wit the image, unless you plan to ban me for it, then if that the case go ahead.

i understand that this is all voluntary and do appreciate that, but surely placing my issues on several occasions on the thread and on other threads shudnt be necessary?

as for you not caring about how i feel about your comments, if i were to make derogative statements about yourself i would be banned, so i feel that there shouldn't be one rule for some and not for others

Larry-G
02-01-13, 21:08
i apologise that i dont do the crawling bit, but that aint me and never will be, i am entitled to spell out my issues wit the image, unless you plan to ban me for it, then if that the case go ahead.

i understand that this is all voluntary and do appreciate that, but surely placing my issues on several occasions on the thread and on other threads shudnt be necessary?

as for you not caring about how i feel about your comments, if i were to make derogative statements about yourself i would be banned, so i feel that there shouldn't be one rule for some and not for others

no one has ever asked for any kind of thanks on this forum, never mind crawling up to any one. if you want help here there is a proper way to go about asking for it, and making silly posts like those you did are not the way. now as for me banning you thats not going to happen, i personally dont ban people unless they give me a good reason to.

If you want or need help create a separate thread detailing exactly what your problem(s) are and include as much information as possible about your setup, with crash logs and debug logs where available. otherwise we will just continue to go around and around in circles and frankly i cant be bothered with that.

so it's up to you, man up or shut up.

Larry-G
10-02-13, 13:11
Moved here out of the overcrowded http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20200-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0 thread.

warajoker
10-02-13, 13:14
if your not happy with the image then dont use it simple . your loss not theres.