PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Nas access

edogg
10-02-13, 11:23
since updating to vix 3.0 v600 I have not been able to access my nas drive it shows in files>> location >>other >>internal flash>> net and internal flash>>
media>>net
I am sure it used to show in files >> location NAS name
now it only shows in the internal flash locations and is not accessible the fstab file for the vu duo is as follows

rootfs / auto defaults 1 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs noauto 0 0
tmpfs /var/volatile tmpfs defaults 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
//192.***.**.**/mnt/share /media/net/RASPBERRYPI cifs username=smbaccess,password=********,_netdev,rw,io ch arset=utf8 0 0

this is driving me nuts I cannot get access to the media files on the Nas and have to disconnect the drive and connect it to the duo

edogg
14-02-13, 15:27
with the help of a person on another forum who is knowledgeable in linux we have finally got this mount working so now it shows up and auto mounts the raspberrypi nas drive

Maxwell
14-02-13, 16:41
with the help of a person on another forum who is knowledgeable in linux we have finally got this mount working so now it shows up and auto mounts the raspberrypi nas drive

Feel free to post all the required settings. it may help someone else :)

Larry-G
14-02-13, 21:41
just gotten around to checking this on my 2T with my old buffalo 500 gig NAS.

fresh install of ViX 3.0-607 ( beta not yet released due to upcoming skin changes. )

installed NFS and Samba. then once it reboots navigate to Menu> Setup> System> Network> Mounts setup> Network browser.

it scans and finds the NAS fine and mounts without problems ( i dont have username or password set on the folder i use for movies on the NAS so dont enter those. and thats it every thing just works for me.