PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Problem with no sound on recordings.

dfdream
14-01-13, 23:35
Anyone have any issue with playing recordings where there is no sound.
If I choose a different recording the sound is fine and if I then go back to the original recording it too plays fine.
The recordings are stored on internal HDD.
Using VIX 3.0 with 554 updates. Its been there for the last few updates.

Rob van der Does
15-01-13, 06:46
Anyone have any issue with playing recordings where there is no sound.
All VU boxes have some problems in this area: sometimes it is sufficient to jump a few seconds or to restart playback; sometimes one has to reboot the box.

dfdream
15-01-13, 09:06
Thanks Rob but for me its a recent issue. Since Christmas this has been happening.
Skipping etc does nothing. If I choose another recording and go back to the problem one its fine.
When you say all VUs have these problems was it a recent introduction with new drivers ?
And is it specific to VU...

Reliable recording and playback of recordings should be a given with any box...

All VU boxes have some problems in this area: sometimes it is sufficient to jump a few seconds or to restart playback; sometimes one has to reboot the box.

Rob van der Does
15-01-13, 09:44
When you say all VUs have these problems was it a recent introduction with new drivers?
No: this has been the case since the birth of the DUO.
If you encounter the problem seems to be random (or maybe file-format specific).

And is it specific to VU.....
AFAIK yes. Anyway: on my ET's I never encountered it.

Larry-G
10-02-13, 11:22
Moved this here from the http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20200-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0 thread.

please in the future be a little more careful where you post for help as things tend to get lost easily in that thread.