PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] How to flash my Duo with the newer ViX images ??.

pege63
26-01-13, 13:08
How do i flash openvix-3.0.574-vuduo_usb.zip now days?

Lothar2
26-01-13, 14:51
On PC unzip directory "vuduo" to root of usb device. TurnOff VuDuo, plug in the USBdevice, turn On Voduo, wait...., if ends follow the signs on display.

Larry-G
10-02-13, 10:51
I have moved your post out of the following thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20200-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0 as that thread is not really the place for such help requests.

as for flashing the image if you have done it before it's the same process.

Format a USB stick to FAT32 and extract the image files to it remembering to keep the file structure intact. ( copy the vuplus folder directly to the stick with all it's contents ).

Power off the receiver and allow to rest for 1 minute.
place your USB stick with the image on it into one of the USB ports on the receiver
power the receiver on and follow the instructions on the VFD.

note if you were using a older image ( pre ViX 2.4 ) you may first need to update the bootloader but that is the exact same process as a image flash.

cat123
10-02-13, 13:29
I've just updated from Vix 2.4 to 3.0 and went through the install. It asked me if I wanted to restore settings, I said yes but it has been doing it for about 30 mins! Is there something wrong or should I expect it to take this long? it says "please wait while settings restore completes..."

edit: it is also coming up with text every few minutes saying a "A background update check is in progress, please wait for retry."

Larry-G
10-02-13, 13:32
I've just updated from Vix 2.4 to 3.0 and went through the install. It asked me if I wanted to restore settings, I said yes but it has been doing it for about 30 mins! Is there something wrong or should I expect it to take this long?

no it should not take that long and you should not have selected yet to restoring the settings from the ViX 2.4 image as that is known to break certain core functions in the ViX 3.0 image such as the FTP protocol.

I would suggest you flash it again this time dont restore the settings, you can always retrieve any configs etc from within the backup manually if needed.