PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Stuck on boot

sts
10-02-13, 10:35
Hi All
I am trying to set up a VU ultimo with vix image
Everytime I scan for channels and restart the box it's gets stuck in boot, if I remove the channels with Idream (only have access to a mac ) the box will boot but then I have to set it all up again.

I have tried to FTP bouquets to enigma 2 file instead of doing a scan but the box doesn't seem to recognise the bouquets

Any thoughts anyone, driving me bloody mental

Sts

Larry-G
10-02-13, 10:43
Which exact build of the image ? if it's below Build 600 try updating via a fresh flash, you can get the image from www.openvix.co.uk.

sts
10-02-13, 10:46
Ok thanks will give that a go It's build 204

Larry-G
10-02-13, 10:53
Ok thanks will give that a go It's build 204

yes best to update then as thats a very old build now ( approximately 6 months old ), let us know how you get on after re-flashing the receiver.

sts
10-02-13, 13:02
I have tried to flash the box, but having no joy i have formatted the usb first, have also been and bought a brand new usb reader just incase the old one was corrupt.

Any ideas why the box is not reading the usb ?

Larry-G
10-02-13, 13:13
are you following the Instructions on the VFD correctly ie pressing the correct button on the receiver when asked ?.

have you tried any other USB port on the box ?

and do you have the file structure on the USB in the correct format ??

sts
10-02-13, 13:19
I dont get any instructions on the VFD it appears the box does not even recognise the usb is plugged in

Yes i have tried front and back usb ports

What file structure should it be in ?

Thanks for all your help phoenix :thumbsup:

Larry-G
10-02-13, 13:24
ok download a fresh image from www.openvix.co.uk.

extract the archive using winrar or what ever decompression software you use.
Format a USB stick to FAT32
take the decompressed archive and look for a folder named vuplus copy this whole folder and it's contents directly to the USB stick and place it in tone of the USB ports.

Power the receiver down fully and allow to rest for 1 minute.
Power the receiver back on with the Stick still inserted and you should see a prompt in the VFD of the receiver asking you to press a button on the receiver ( not the remote ) if you dont press this it will bypass the stick so you have to be quick.

sts
10-02-13, 13:45
Followed your instructions to the letter and still no Joy, it just goes into normal boot screen with the snow screen and the spinning VIX in the left hand corner

Larry-G
10-02-13, 13:55
Then it's not detecting your USB stick as if it did you would see a prompt on the VFD telling you a update was present.

sts
10-02-13, 14:03
If I go into mount manager it shows the USB is there, makes me think he file format is wrong

Larry-G
10-02-13, 14:08
You have removed all other USB devices but the one with the image on while trying to update the image ?? otherwise it wont recognize the image and therefore could present the exact error your seeing.

sts
10-02-13, 14:19
Yeah the only usb i have in there is the wifi, which i have removed before trying to flash the box

Larry-G
10-02-13, 14:20
have you tried other USB sticks ?

sts
10-02-13, 14:22
I have my original one and have been out a bought a new one this morning just incase it was the old usb causing the problem

Larry-G
10-02-13, 14:35
ok so just to clarify the format on the stick is as so

USB stick
vuplus ( folder )
ultimo ( folder )
and then the image files like so ??

sts
10-02-13, 15:06
Thats it, i had a . at the end of vuplus
I have flashed it now. thanks for all your help
Now just got to hope that was the problem with the channel scan lol

Larry-G
10-02-13, 15:10
Thats it, i had a . at the end of vuplus
I have flashed it now. thanks for all your help
Now just got to hope that was the problem with the channel scan lol

no worries, these things are easily over looked. as for your scanning problem why not try using the ABM plugin for sky uk ? it can generate a fully uptodate sky uk bouquet in under 2 minutes and it mirrors sky's channel numbers too.

Rob van der Does
11-02-13, 07:07
Moved to the correct section.

Tkr001
12-02-13, 10:57
If I go into mount manager it shows the USB is there, makes me think he file format is wrong

Nah, I have several sticks that my box won't flash from but mount manager recognizes OK.