PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Problem with MediaInfo in ViX ( with Fix )

Lothar2
29-01-13, 21:32
Hello,

i have two new crashlogs for for build 574. :cool:

Lothar2
30-01-13, 13:55
Hello,

i have today update to build 587 and the box still crashes in Mediaplayer when pressing the EPG/Info button and Exit.
I think the cause is the wrong EPG view. It is called the current Multi-EPG and not information about the current playback.

Other Issue

Here is the crashlog from old build 574:

And here the crashlog from the new build 587:

Gruss Lothar

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 14:51
i have today update to build 587 and the box still crashes in Mediaplayer when pressing the EPG/Info button and Exit.
I think the cause is the wrong EPG view. It is called the current Multi-EPG and not information about the current playback.

Other Issue

Here is the crashlog from old build 574:

And here the crashlog from the new build 587:
We think this has been fixed in build 588: could you please update and see if that's correct?

Lothar2
30-01-13, 15:18
yes i can update and test. Only where can i find build 588?

judge
30-01-13, 15:26
yes i can update and test. Only where can i find build 588?

587 is currently on http://openvix.co.uk you can also do an online update.

Lothar2
30-01-13, 15:43
587 is "online".

it is a matter:

We think this has been fixed in build 588: could you please update and see if that's correct?

Lothar2
30-01-13, 17:57

Hello Rob,

crash in Moviplayer is gone. :thumbsup:

The other two misconduct has remained. :o
1. In the Moviplayer press EPG/Info shows EPG for the current TV program and not the information of the current playback.
2. In the Moviplayer press EPG/Info and then press EXIT, ends the current playback and live TV shows

Gruss Lothar

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 18:43
Hello Rob,

crash in Moviplayer is gone. :thumbsup:

The other two misconduct has remained. :o
1. In the Moviplayer press EPG/Info shows EPG for the current TV program and not the information of the current playback.
2. In the Moviplayer press EPG/Info and then press EXIT, ends the current playback and live TV shows
Ad 1: That's correct behaviour. Event view wil pop up on 2 times OK as well as on long-info
Ad 2: Has been fixed in build 588

Lothar2
30-01-13, 20:13
Sorry Rob,

Ad 1 twice "OK" dont show eventInfo, it produece a new crash, see log: :cool:

Ad 2 is not solved on my Duo with build 588.

Gruss Lothar

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 20:44
Sorry to hear that. We think you have a badly coded plugin installed, that hijacks the eventview.
Best way would be to do a reflash restore settings but not plugins. If OK you can add plugins one by one and try.

BTW: Have you installed 'mediaInfo' by hand? If so, that's a likely culprit.

Or you can test by unzipping the attached file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/mediainfo/plugin.py and restart enigma (don't forget to remove the file after the restart).

Lothar2
30-01-13, 20:59
Yes, i have per hand installed "mediainfo"

Next i will test without "mediainfo" and your .py.

Question. "mediainfo" is more or less a crutch. You can not embed directly in the image recording of streams with REC-button?

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 21:06
I just tested the same py in MediaInfo and I get crashes. So atm we can say that MediaInfo is not compatible: not sure if we can fix it. Stay tuned.....

And we're very busy with all kinds of innovations, so stay tuned.......

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 21:08
BTW: No need to install MediaInfo by hand: it's available via the feeds.

Lothar2
30-01-13, 21:29
Ok,

i have test without "mediainfo". Box no more crashes. But the ad2 "In the Moviplayer press EPG/Info and then press EXIT, ends the current playback and live TV shows" not solved.

Then i test postet Plugin.py and old version "mediainfo_0.2" from feed. Both is menü in "mediainfo" without function and box crash as well.
Plugin.py:23133
from Feed:23134

shame

Info: mediainfo_0.3 works on VIX when konfigured "Eventinfo" to longklick EPG-button, but attancione: Dont press twice OK!

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 21:34
i have test without "mediainfo". Box no more crashes. But the ad2 "In the Moviplayer press EPG/Info and then press EXIT, ends the current playback and live TV shows" not solved.
Can you post a debuglog from that? We can't seem to reproduce that.
And which EPG did you open? Graphical?

Lothar2
30-01-13, 22:48
I use "MultiEPG".

Here is the Debug.log: 23136

After "Exit" EPG the Box switch to LiveTV, but in the Display stand "Favorites" and the progressbar from Moviplayer remains active.

Lothar2
31-01-13, 15:06
Moin,

i have Test now with clean installed build 589 and Skin "Magic", "mediainfo" from feed and with/without enabled Secondinfobar.

to Ad 2: this problem only with MultiEPG as standard. With GraphEPG or SingleEPG no problem.

to Ad 1: Eventview on mediaplayer with installed "mediainfo" dont work. :(

Please fix und update the 3rd party plugin "mediainfo" on feed. The author is HERE (http://www.vuplus-support.org/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=41730) active. New in v_0.3 is "set path to save files".

add some new crashlogs:

Lothar2
01-02-13, 21:20
Hello,

and thx for build 596. MultiEPG in Mediaplayer is fixed. :thumbsup:

The update for 3rdParty plugin "mediainfo" dont work perfekt. following error:
1. Box crash at play a recording in Mediaplayer with activated secondinfobar when press OK->OK.
Crashlog: 23206

2.And at play a Onlinestream it crashes when press EPG/info.
crashlog: 23207

I have made a fixed mediainfo0.3.py, although I do not know what I'm doing. :D I simply deleted parts in the .py and no more crash, but calling it only on the extendedmenu. See attachment.

Rob van der Does
01-02-13, 21:32
I indeed noticed problems with this version of MediaInfo; we'll have a look at your solution.

Rob van der Does
03-02-13, 18:38
I have made a fixed mediainfo0.3.py, although I do not know what I'm doing. :D I simply deleted parts in the .py and no more crash, but calling it only on the extendedmenu. See attachment.

I indeed noticed problems with this version of MediaInfo; we'll have a look at your solution.
It seems to work, so I rebuilt the plugin. Will be on the feeds from build 601.

Larry-G
10-02-13, 07:54
Moved this here and out of the http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20200-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0 Thread.

Please in future be a little more mindful of where you place your help request posts.