PDA

View Full Version : Unable Two Re-Flash solo2

carrier
08-02-13, 14:12
Yesterday I got a nasty message warning that went like this :-

X SoftcamCheck
Error:[Failure instance:Traceback:<type'exceptions.IOError'>:[erno21] is d directory:'/ect/CCcam.cfg'
/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py:525:bootstrap....ect ect

So I tried to re-flash my image Openvix and it did not re-flash tried several imags and USB sticks but no good. The unit still has the Openvix image and opens TV channels. :confused: again.

carrier
08-02-13, 17:11
OK managed to re-flash using the rear ports on the box, but still getting the error message coming up? In Filezilla do you transfer The Enigma2-plugins-cccams into the tmp file ?

Alanp
08-02-13, 17:58
you put the IPK file in temp then install via the VIX menu and put the config file in /etc

carrier
08-02-13, 18:08
Yes done that installed the cccam and its working but still get the error message?

MarsArtis
08-02-13, 22:15
try to enable debuglog.
And then attach it here

bokkie
09-02-13, 00:16
If you have problems do a clean flash.
Also some people having problems with flashing when a hdd is attached as it leaves remnants of the previous image behind.
I had this when I first flashed my stb with vix. When it booted it had the vti image logo, and then booted to vix.

Rob van der Does
09-02-13, 09:10
If you have problems do a clean flash.
Also some people having problems with flashing when a hdd is attached as it leaves remnants of the previous image behind.
I had this when I first flashed my stb with vix. When it booted it had the vti image logo, and then booted to vix.
That is not correct: as reported the Solo2 is capable of flashing from the internal HDD. So if a flashable image is there, such as an image backup, the box will flash that image instead of the image on a connected USB.
So the solution is simple: take care that there are never any images on the HDD.

carrier
09-02-13, 09:21
Everything is OK now message has gone I had "enable Frozen Check" set to yes switch it to no and bingo no message also did a bootloader up-date and everything OK thanks for your help.

Sicilian
09-02-13, 09:25
bootloader up-date

:confused::confused::confused: What on earth are you going on about??? There's no updated bootloader available for the Solo2 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Larry-G
09-02-13, 09:31
There is no booloader update for the solo2 so dont even mess about with that because that is by far the easiest way to reduce your expensive STB to worthless doorstop.

bokkie
09-02-13, 10:19
That is not correct: as reported the Solo2 is capable of flashing from the internal HDD. So if a flashable image is there, such as an image backup, the box will flash that image instead of the image on a connected USB.
So the solution is simple: take care that there are never any images on the HDD.

I never had a vti image backup, in fact it was a brand new, clean hdd. I must've flashed the stb 3 times before the vti image boot screen finally disappeared.

Rob van der Does
09-02-13, 10:46
I never had a vti image backup, in fact it was a brand new, clean hdd. I must've flashed the stb 3 times before the vti image boot screen finally disappeared.
The boot-screen is a separate file in the image; not all image builders provide that file and in that case the existing screen will remain in tact.
Other than that there's no way parts of an old image can remain intact or be re-installed when flashing a box.