Why is ultimo so much more?
Why is uno nearly same as a solo 2?
And so on...on paper solo 2 seems best
Receiver from Vu now...
Can anyone explain why before i buy the wrong
Machine etc...thank you guys

Rob van der Does
08-02-13, 14:20
Advising is always difficult as one has to know ones needs.
Price setting by manufacturers & retailers is not clear for outsiders most of the time. And in fact not very imortartant for a customer either.
Having a Solo2/DUO/UNO/Ultimo myself I must say: I'm impressed by the Solo2. So unless the 3 build in tuners are important for you, or the option to use internal DVB-C/T tuners, I would opt for the Solo2.

Or await the DUO2 :confused:

garryboy
09-02-13, 00:26
currently i have a duo. does everything i need. twin tuner etc

i have a solo2 im setting up for a friend and its blisteringly quick compared to my duo.

if it were me id go for the solo2. the higher specced processor and ram clearly show when you use either side by side.

Tkr001
09-02-13, 00:46
I have 3 solos, a duo and a solo2. With the just released drivers the solo2 is far and away the best.

Larry-G
09-02-13, 06:51
Personally i think Vu have stunned us all with this unit and it's suggested retail price compared to older models such as the ultimo. I know that if i had the money and was looking for another receiver i would be looking to the solo2, because as it stands rite now it's in a league of it's own and at a very affordable price too.

bokkie
09-02-13, 10:08
I think there is more choice now than there was when the original duo was released, so they wisely priced the solo2 competitively. Maybe also pricing it lower to make it difficult for the cloners.

hilly
09-02-13, 10:17
gigablue quad cough cough.:thumbsup:

Stanman
09-02-13, 13:59
I have the quad and setup a solo2 for my cousin and have to say a great bit of kit.

Welll impressed, if I had spare cash woold buy one.

easymo3
09-02-13, 17:44
Advising is always difficult as one has to know ones needs.
Price setting by manufacturers & retailers is not clear for outsiders most of the time. And in fact not very imortartant for a customer either.
Having a Solo2/DUO/UNO/Ultimo myself I must say: I'm impressed by the Solo2. So unless the 3 build in tuners are important for you, or the option to use internal DVB-C/T tuners, I would opt for the Solo

Or await the DUO2 :confused:

Any idea as to when the duo2 will be released,
I need another receiver like yesterday,
either the solo2 or duo2 but that depends.
Cheers

Rob van der Does
09-02-13, 19:33
Any idea as to when the duo2 will be released,
No .

Stanman
09-02-13, 22:44
If you wanted it yesterday than only choice is the SOLO2 or QuAd

RustySpoons
11-02-13, 20:41
Solo2 has the tuner integrated into the CPU/Chipset, Gigablue quad and Duo2 use separate tuner cans/ic's that do not use the CPU resources (apart from the gigablue built in tuner), I love my Solo2 and that doesn't pose an issue for me. However it may for some and also it can't be upgraded to DVB-C/T via a module, but you can put a DVB-C/T/S usb device in there if you need another tuner.

Tkr001
12-02-13, 11:02
Solo2 has the tuner integrated into the CPU/Chipset, Gigablue quad and Duo2 use separate tuner cans/ic's that do not use the CPU resources (apart from the gigablue built in tuner), I love my Solo2 and that doesn't pose an issue for me. However it may for some and also it can't be upgraded to DVB-C/T via a module, but you can put a DVB-C/T/S usb device in there if you need another tuner.

So how do you know the unreleased Duo2 uses seperate tuners? Got any more info on it?

Rob van der Does
12-02-13, 11:09
So how do you know the unreleased Duo2 uses seperate tuners? Got any more info on it?
See

http://www2.vuplus.com/products/dou2manu
and attached file.

Tkr001
12-02-13, 21:34
Thanks. Glad I didn't wait for it as the Solo2 has all I need by comparison.

satsatsat
15-02-13, 20:40
bought the vu solo2

satsatsat
15-02-13, 20:42
from the sponsor

simon2003
18-02-13, 14:49
solo 2 is a fantastic receiver and 300 quid is a great price

andy2110
19-02-13, 19:58
my solo2 is on its way...move over duo your younger brother just went to the gym and got a college degree