PDA

View Full Version : Lack of flash memory

Adeywilliams
08-02-13, 12:01
Hi All
New to the forum but hope you can help.
Had to flash my v+solo box and loaded sgt flip flop and followed the wizard and all FTA channels are fine. Next step was to load Sgt Flipflop, so far so good.
When i tried to load a cccam got an error message saying flash memory insufficient. When i went to menu/information/memory i noticed that there was only 4kb available.

Can anyone advise a course of actio please?
Ps used same procedure on my mates solo and he has 5Mb left
Also checkedon plug ins and pressed green button but keep getting message "feed down fo maintenance"
HELP

Sicilian
08-02-13, 12:05
Which image build?
How are you installing the softcam?
What plugins have you installed?
Do you have picons installed? If so where?

Adeywilliams
08-02-13, 14:56
Which image build?
How are you installing the softcam?
What plugins have you installed?
Do you have picons installed? If so where?

Vix images as installed when bought from ***********, all worked well formonths.
Not got as far as installation yet, comes up with message low flash memory
Only plug in is sgt flipflop
No picons as far as i know

Adeywilliams
08-02-13, 19:17
Would the addition of a memory stick improve my flash memory?

sunday96
08-02-13, 19:48
Would the addition of a memory stick improve my flash memory?

You can create a swap memory in the memory stick. In actual fact, solo don't perform well without a swap partition

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD

Rob van der Does
08-02-13, 21:27
Swap has nothing to do with flash.
The solo has enough flash for normal operation; apparently something ate it. Reflash, and you'll be fine.

Adeywilliams
08-02-13, 23:33
Thanks Rob, will try tomorrow

Adeywilliams
10-02-13, 14:51
Thanks rob, flashing has done the trick, now got 54mb free withsgt flipflop reinstalled. Before i only had 4mb

Thanks a lot Adrian

Adeywilliams
10-02-13, 14:53
Ps to above, tried to flash with a new kingston stick but it would not read it, when tried with a parker stick it worked like a dream

cactikid
17-02-13, 16:34
kingston stick works for me was it formatted,on the other note the low memory bit can you flush/remove anything that might eat it all up or reflash is the only option approved:confused:

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 17:24
kingston stick works for me was it formatted,on the other note the low memory bit can you flush/remove anything that might eat it all up or reflash is the only option approved:confused:
What exactly do you mean with 'low memory'?

cactikid
19-02-13, 00:49
sorry flash memory,trying to see where i am going wrong with overcrowding :confused: