PDA

View Full Version : DUO in REBOOT LOOP after skin update -HELP!!!

Coach77
08-02-13, 08:03
Installed HDGLASS16 and now my VU DUO with a VIX image is constantly reBooting with a message on screen saying ...
GUI will now be restarted to activate restored options
Set pluginbrowser - OE 2.0

It doesn't give enough time to access anything before it reboots I can't even use DOCto access anything due to it constantly rebooting.
What can i DO. Please don't ask for versions as i can't access the menu. Lol

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Rob van der Does
08-02-13, 08:13
On this forum you can find dozens of warnings against the use of Glass: the plugin is not compatible (as it hacks system files).

And you also find the solution dozens of times: flash your box.

Coach77
08-02-13, 08:32
Well i have been searching and reading lots but cannot find ANYTHING on the subject, I'm not one of those that posts without searching first.
Perhaps you would be so kind and helpful and give me a link to the answer or the search terms you used to find the answer because i have used every term that is in my post above and like i said I've been reading for hours and i just want my bed now.
PLEASE HELP

Coach77
08-02-13, 08:35
Does it HAVE to be a reflash, its a new box and i had only just finished installing all my stuff the other week and i hadn't done a backup
Grrrrrrrrr

Rob van der Does
08-02-13, 08:46
Yes, reflashing is required, as the plugin has overwritten systemfiles. There's no way to recover them.

I agree that searching on the forum isn't always working out. A search via google (including the 'world of satellites') ofthe provides better results then using the search function of the forum.

Lesson learned (I hope) always make a settings backup before installing stuff: that costs you only a minute or two and ICE you'll be back up & running in a few minutes.

cosie
08-02-13, 08:46
Flash your box with the latest vix build.it only takes 30 mins to setup from scratch:)

Edit......rob there before me lol

satmanbasil
08-02-13, 15:31
Hi mate

Why dont you keep a copy on your pc/lappy if the setup file like CCcam sat settings then using a good ftp proggy its just a matter on minutes before you back up and running again, always worth doing when you know things can go wrong with images like they do.

regards

s31teg
09-02-13, 17:25
turo on auto backups with software update, then you will at least have some backups to fall back on