PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Auto timers and epg

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 22:03
Vix 600- I have several auto timers set, and they record no problem, my issue is they don't appear in the graphical epg. Is there any way these can appear in the epg, so that when you're browsing it is easily identifiable that they are set to record?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tkr001
06-02-13, 22:16
Autotimers create normal timers so you can press short green to see if they have been set. If they have been they will also show in the epg.

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 22:23
Autotimers create normal timers so you can press short green to see if they have been set. If they have been they will also show in the epg.

I know i have a timers list. I said my recordings are working no problem.but......No they don't show in epg!

BubbleBalls
06-02-13, 22:33
Hi,

Autotimers showing here in graphical epg on Duo and Quad, build 600.

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 22:36
Hi,

Autotimers showing here in graphical epg on Duo and Quad, build 600.

Please post a screen shot

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 22:45
Here is my list of timers created by auto timers. You well see coronation St is there. it is recording now and set to on Friday also. But looking at my epg from now and Friday. it does not show it set to record.......???

BubbleBalls
06-02-13, 22:52
Hi,

I use text but tested grapics also. Corrie and Derek are auto timers.

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 22:58
Well that's me baffled.....any ideas anyone!

RustySpoons
06-02-13, 23:16
Hi,

I use text but tested grapics also. Corrie and Derek are auto timers.

Lol, I just set an Autotimer for Derek just before I read this post. Build 600 and showing icon on epg here.

May sound stupid I just noticed you are using a USB flash for EPG, I wonder if that might be something to do with it.

judge
06-02-13, 23:44
all show up fine here too, are you using ABM built into the image to create your bouquets or another method?

Tkr001
06-02-13, 23:45
I know i have a timers list. I said my recordings are working no problem.but......No they don't show in epg!

Sorry, misread your original post. :o

nexstar
07-02-13, 00:05
I've been getting something similar with some timers showing and others not. I mentioned it in the thread here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25888-Timer-conflict&p=193116&viewfull=1#post193116).

I don't use ABM, I use a slimmed down version of the SilverFox bouquet.

I'm using a VU+ Ultimo and am on build 600 now but it has been happening for a while here.

andyblac
07-02-13, 02:07
I've been getting something similar with some timers showing and others not. I mentioned it in the thread here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25888-Timer-conflict&p=193116&viewfull=1#post193116).

I don't use ABM, I use a slimmed down version of the SilverFox bouquet.

I'm using a VU+ Ultimo and am on build 600 now but it has been happening for a while here.

thats why, his bouquets are a mess and have always and trouble with showing timers.

nexstar
07-02-13, 04:10
Ahhh....I didn't realise that the bouquets could have that sort of an effect on the epg. I thought that they were simply arranged lists of channels and frequency info. Guess I'll have to delve a bit deeper!

Thanks for the info.

mickyblueys
07-02-13, 07:53
I'm using lraizer autobouquet.

danivtec
07-02-13, 10:58
I'm using lraizer autobouquet.

Noticed this aswell on both my Solo 2 and Ultimo. I am using same bouquet creator.

RustySpoons
07-02-13, 19:38
How come you aren't using the Vix Autobouquet?

Rob van der Does
07-02-13, 19:53
Misunderstanding 1: autotimers never show up in EPG. Autotimers create timers, and they show in EPG.
If timers do not show, it's likely due to a mismatch between the original epg-description and the actual description; such a thing can easily happen with autotimer-created timers.

Misunderstanding 2: The location EPG is set to, has no influence on the functionality at all (as long as the location is available).

mickyblueys
07-02-13, 20:03
How come you aren't using the Vix Autobouquet?

Because it doesn't suit my needs

nexstar
08-02-13, 00:47
Misunderstanding 1: autotimers never show up in EPG. Autotimers create timers, and they show in EPG.
If timers do not show, it's likely due to a mismatch between the original epg-description and the actual description; such a thing can easily happen with autotimer-created timers.

Misunderstanding 2: The location EPG is set to, has no influence on the functionality at all (as long as the location is available).

So, does the bouquet creator have any impact on that mismatch or is it just a quirk of the data downloaded and would be the same for all users who had the same autotimer set up?

Rob van der Does
08-02-13, 08:19
So, does the bouquet creator have any impact on that mismatch or is it just a quirk of the data downloaded and would be the same for all users who had the same autotimer set up?
Well, bouquets do indeed have an influence: all services have references used throughout the system. If the services have different references than the same services in the EPG-data, you're in trouble as well.

RustySpoons
08-02-13, 09:51

Ah Multisat?

Rob van der Does
08-02-13, 09:54
Why? What could we do to make it better?

Ah Multisat?
IMHO multisat has no influence on ABM being useful or not: works fine here.

mickyblueys
08-02-13, 10:34
Ah Multisat?

Lraizer's auto bouquet automatically populates the Irish channels and the UK ones together.....so no need for custom bouquets.

andyblac
08-02-13, 10:53

descriptions have nothing to do with timers from showing in EPG screens, if are are indeed created and show in Timer Overview screen, what is checked is service ref, event id, start time, and duration.

so it is more likely that either the service ref has changed or the event id no longer matches.

nexstar
08-02-13, 12:48
descriptions have nothing to do with timers from showing in EPG screens, if are are indeed created and show in Timer Overview screen, what is checked is service ref, event id, start time, and duration.

so it is more likely that either the service ref has changed or the event id no longer matches.

As someone who up until 2 months ago thought that the only place you found bouquets was in a flower shop, does that mean that there's not much the end user can do about timers that don't display?

I did try the ABM but things went badly wrong and I ended up not being able to see loads of channels. This was clearly my lack of understanding but I ended up restoring and going back to what had worked for me. We've got very simple needs here for bouquets. Favourites, Sports, Movies and Everything else pretty much does it. From what I'd read, ABM doesn't cater for a Favourites bouquet but maybe I've got that wrong. I'm happy to try anything that can tick those boxes and may be a better option than the one I'm using.

judge
08-02-13, 13:06
ABM can easily use a favourites bouquet, I use it all the time & none of my timers ever fail to show in EPG.
As it uses official SKY listings to suit your region, you might have to run it more than once to get all the channels you want.
When run once, use DreamBoxEdit to import the bouquets on your PC, create your favourites, run ABM again on the region you are missing channels from, repeat...
Upload your new favourites bouquet to the box...
You can then set the favourites as your main bouquet if you want & run ABM to suit the region you want.

Rob van der Does
08-02-13, 13:59
That's correct, but description is one of the poll-criteria for creating a timer by AT. So a wrong description may be responsible for not creating a timer at all.

nexstar
08-02-13, 16:20
ABM can easily use a favourites bouquet, I use it all the time & none of my timers ever fail to show in EPG.
As it uses official SKY listings to suit your region, you might have to run it more than once to get all the channels you want.
When run once, use DreamBoxEdit to import the bouquets on your PC, create your favourites, run ABM again on the region you are missing channels from, repeat...
Upload your new favourites bouquet to the box...
You can then set the favourites as your main bouquet if you want & run ABM to suit the region you want.

That didn't go too well, unfortunately. I didn't want to clutter up this thread so I've started a new one here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26132-Problem-running-ABM&p=195176&viewfull=1#post195176). I think this may have been what happened to me last time which was why I reverted back.

Thanks for the info though :)

Rahat786786
09-02-13, 02:01
Using lraizer autobouquets too and single and autotimers do not show in single epg. I was liking the look of the new red r too lol

judge
09-02-13, 02:28
Using lraizer autobouquets too and single and autotimers do not show in single epg. I was liking the look of the new red r too lol

Try the inbuilt ABM & let us know if these issues still exist. Lraizer autobouquets hasn't had any updates in a while from what I see.

nexstar
09-02-13, 13:21
I've since changed over to the in-built ABM (thanks judge :thumbsup:) and I've just checked all of my timers and they are now all displaying ok in the epg :) .

guff daddy
09-02-13, 13:56

Just to note: ABM still doesn't work if you are also using a USB DTT tuner - after reboot the DTT channels are removed and you have to rescan.

judge
09-02-13, 14:03
Just to note: ABM still doesn't work if you are also using a USB DTT tuner - after reboot the DTT channels are removed and you have to rescan.

works fine here, did you restart E2 after saving your USB DTT scan?

Rahat786786
09-02-13, 20:50
Just gave the abm a try again but i do not like the channel numbering like i would rather have it as 101 - BBC than 101 BBC. Also the setanta sports channels show up in the main bouquet in lraizers one and it is a hassle going through all this custom bouquets malarky. Id rather have functionality over speed to be honest.

guff daddy
09-02-13, 23:20
works fine here, did you restart E2 after saving your USB DTT scan?

The problem shows up after a full box restart.

lotar
10-02-13, 10:09
one question about autotimers.
I use crossepg with MHW-Digital+spain; I add a autotimer and works, the AT added timers ; but when I download a new EPG data, AT donīt add new timers; When autotimers read the new epg to add new timers?

thanks

StefanLue
10-02-13, 11:52
Even using ABM gives me no timer symbols within the EPG. (Solo2)

Rob van der Does
10-02-13, 12:13
Even using ABM gives me no timer symbols within the EPG. (Solo2)
What build/What EPG/What channel?

Larry-G
10-02-13, 12:26
Just gave the abm a try again but i do not like the channel numbering like i would rather have it as 101 - BBC than 101 BBC. Also the setanta sports channels show up in the main bouquet in lraizers one and it is a hassle going through all this custom bouquets malarky. Id rather have functionality over speed to be honest.

unfortunately we cant always please every one although we do try very hard to do so.

StefanLue
10-02-13, 13:06
What build/What EPG/What channel?

Build is 3.0.600. And the Problem is there are no timer symbols at all. For Not a single channel. Neither in the single or multiEpg view. Tried different skins with my solo2

StefanLue
10-02-13, 13:11
Build is 3.0.600. And the Problem is there are no timer symbols at all. For Not a single channel. Neither in the single or multiEpg view. Tried different skins with my solo2

I'm Sorry my fault. Forget it. Just an issue with the font size.

StefanLue
10-02-13, 13:26
To avoid such mistakes, it would be nice to place the timer symbol right next to the clock info in the SingleEpg.