PDA

View Full Version : help please

westentertainer
06-02-13, 21:14
just had my 2t from WOS already flashed all working great.so i tried to instal skin mcbc you view and my box as crashed ,cant even re flash it help

Stanman
06-02-13, 22:54
You could try deleting the sking or if you have nothing additional installed reflash - update folder in the root of the USB and make sure no other USB device is connected

westentertainer
06-02-13, 23:04
You could try deleting the sking or if you have nothing additional installed reflash - update folder in the root of the USB and make sure no other USB device is connected
had to re flash ,all up and running again but i am afraid to change skins again.
are the skins in the vix plugins all compatible?

Stanman
06-02-13, 23:05
Yes the ones in the feed are all OK

manicscrewdriver
06-02-13, 23:40
Just make sure you back up before installing anything new so at least if it does go tits up you will still be able to set the box up fairly quickly.

Nano

Larry-G
07-02-13, 02:22
The ViX skins are undergoing a complete overhaul at the moment and as a result some errors may creap in. Dont worry though, we are working hard to ensure all ViX skins remain compatible, but if you do find any problems please report them to us.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

vodkaking62
11-02-13, 23:23
I tried installing the vix bmc night skin and after applying it and rebooting it is stuck on loading 100%. Thinking this was a one off I was forced to reflash and tried straight away to apply this skin and the same has happened again. I hope these skins can be sorted soon. Any way of uninstalling the skin? Ive tried to FTP into the box but it wont connect, presumably because its not fully loaded.

Thanks in advance

judge
11-02-13, 23:32
You can still FTP in, are you sure you are using the correct IP & username?
You don't say what build you are using?
Skin functions going through a major update at the moment & all should be sorted for supported skins soon.

drx360
11-02-13, 23:49
I tried installing the vix bmc night skin and after applying it and rebooting it is stuck on loading 100%. Thinking this was a one off I was forced to reflash and tried straight away to apply this skin and the same has happened again. I hope these skins can be sorted soon. Any way of uninstalling the skin? Ive tried to FTP into the box but it wont connect, presumably because its not fully loaded.

Thanks in advance

i had the very same problem, power down the box, then power it up again, then ftp in to it right away and you should find you can ftp in to it no problem then u can delete the offending skin

judge
12-02-13, 00:23
i had the very same problem, power down the box, then power it up again, then ftp in to it right away and you should find you can ftp in to it no problem then u can delete the offending skin
It's not exactly offending skin, Markus has done some fantastic work in bringing these skins to ViX.
ViX is going through some updates that will probably require compatible skin updates & I'm sure once the dust settles down on required changes, updates will be made to supported skins...