PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vu Duo - Issues on startup - Hanging on Blue Vix screen

terryduckworth
06-02-13, 11:48
Hi
I have a Vu Duo flashed with the latest Vix image and has updated Kernels. I have started getting an issue where when I completely power the box off, it reboots but just to the Blue Open Vix screen, with the vix timer intermittently coming on, the screen says Vu + Duo.
The only way I can get round this and to get ot to wor is to reflash the box and then it will start.
So effectively everytime I power off the box I have to reflash. It does restart itself from standy etc. I just have the proble if I turn it off.

Is it partially bricked or on its way out..?

Many thanks

afc_rich
06-02-13, 22:40
This happens for me when you physically power the box down. Stays on blue screen for a long time before fully booting. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason is due to a hdd check as the box wasn't shutdown cleanly. Maybe someone else can confirm this? Next time it happens be patient and the box should boot. :-)

Larry-G
07-02-13, 02:27
It could be as suggested a HDD check but we would only know that for sure by creating a bootlog so we can see exactly what is happening during this time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

paulquayle
07-03-13, 13:08
This is exactly what happens to my Vu Duo and I have not found any threads that are useful for sorting it out. :(

paulquayle
07-03-13, 13:11
How long do you wait for it to re boot?? I have this problem and have to set up from scratch every time I knock the power off :(