PDA

View Full Version : Tenda W150M needs setting up after power cut

khan888
06-02-13, 11:00
Hi, im having some work done at the moment and when the electricity has been turned off and back on my Tenda W150M comes back with ip address unconfirmed. I have to reset and set it back up.

Using latest vix and tenda is powered from the box via usb.

Thanks

pazza07
06-02-13, 18:03
Hi, im having some work done at the moment and when the electricity has been turned off and back on my Tenda W150M comes back with ip address unconfirmed. I have to reset and set it back up.

Using latest vix and tenda is powered from the box via usb.

Thanks
Once the tenda is configured to your router it should automatically reconnect, have you set the receiver to use DHCP ?

khan888
06-02-13, 18:14
Yes the receiver is set to DHCP, it's weird once the power is off and back on it doesn't pick the up the ip address and have to set the tenda back up! Do you reckon it's when the modem gets switched off and back on it has something to do with that?

s1m0nw
06-02-13, 19:54
What router have you got?

Have you tried setting up tenda with a fixed channel and router with the same fixed number

khan888
06-02-13, 20:14
It's the new Sky Hub wireless router (SR101-Z). Ok i'll try that but it connects ok once setup and stays connected it's only when the power is cut off i have to set the tenda back up, would changing to a fix channel help?

s1m0nw
06-02-13, 23:45
In my grandads house it worked perfectly fine until the router got switched off so I set up the router with a fixed number rather than auto and same for tenda and I havent had any problems since

Its worth a try

khan888
07-02-13, 18:10
Cheers mate all setup now so i'll see how i get on.

Thanks