PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] How to recover from Booting...

BrianFWombat
06-02-13, 00:40
I bought a ET9200 in April 2012 and it worked happily for a while but then I got a bit sidetracked and haven't really watched it at all, my subs having expired/stopped working.

I returned to it recently and decided to update it.... I reloaded the bouquets and for some reason on restart it really doesn't want to play.
The screen clears, shows the ET9 Vix page with a bit of twirling VIX in the corner but it never progresses (and i've given it 24hrs)...
How can I debug booting?
I am able to telnet into the box but not sure what to do next. (I'm well versed in Linux/just not familiar with Vix).

If I were to start again, something I don't really want to do as I set up CCcam, samba, etc., would I need to load a new bootloader?

BrianFWombat
06-02-13, 00:47
Looks like it's 2.4 Build 151 according to /etc/releasenotes

root@et9x00:/etc# cat image-version
box_type=et9x00
build_type=0
version=2.4
build=151
drivers=20120331
date=20120611155927
comment=ViX
target=9
creator=Team ViX
url=http://www.xtrend-support.co.uk
catalog=http://www.xtrend-support.co.uk

Larry-G
06-02-13, 01:18
Im not sure if there has been a bootloader update since that time as I dont own a xtrend but thats what I would check first.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

twol
06-02-13, 13:45
I bought a ET9200 in April 2012 and it worked happily for a while but then I got a bit sidetracked and haven't really watched it at all, my subs having expired/stopped working.

I returned to it recently and decided to update it.... I reloaded the bouquets and for some reason on restart it really doesn't want to play.
The screen clears, shows the ET9 Vix page with a bit of twirling VIX in the corner but it never progresses (and i've given it 24hrs)...
How can I debug booting?
I am able to telnet into the box but not sure what to do next. (I'm well versed in Linux/just not familiar with Vix).

If I were to start again, something I don't really want to do as I set up CCcam, samba, etc., would I need to load a new bootloader?

I bought mine in the same month and I remember installing a new bootloader (as I wanted to be safe, before trying images that needed the new bootloader) that was out I think in March but may have been earlier.... so it is certainly worth downloading from this site and installing, and as you have such an old image, I would reflash with VIX 3.0.
If you can access the box then pull off the CCcam file(s) if you haven't saved them elsewhere. To reflash and then install CCcam, samba is really fast.... and I am not a linux guy.

BrianFWombat
06-02-13, 22:25
Looks like a reflash might be the quickest way then.