PDA

View Full Version : Tv comes on when Duo on standby.

popol
26-09-10, 22:54
I've had this problem for a while now. I have my Duo hooked up to my tv via HDMI. I switch the box off when I go to bed (i.e standby) but in the morning the tv is on while the box is in standby. It's weird because the only connection to my tv is through the HDMI. I am using VTI image. I appreciate your help.

MyB5
27-09-10, 20:30
My brother has the same problem, using DE 133F image. The only thing I can think of is that downloading (auto) Rytec-epg data, leaves the box on afterwards...
Do you also use auto epg in the morning?

popol
28-09-10, 10:17
Thanks MyB5. the only way I have managed is to put it in deep standby overnight, this of course means that i do not record overnight. I have disabled the auto epg and will see if it makes a difference.

canthackit
28-09-10, 12:13
got the same problem here.
and added to this the epg program keeps resetting it's self to disabled mode.

this is on the Gigant last and the new VIX images.

regards: canthackit

popol
29-09-10, 18:47
canthackit m8 you obviously live up to your nickname ......with all the problem you are having..lol. What I did was to go into "Vix" in "setup" and changed the time for the epg automatic daily download.

satmanbasil
29-09-10, 22:26
Hi mates

I put the box into standby mode at night but twice so far when it comes to starting the box again it does not respond to the remote in the end i have to power off from the rear switch and reboot. I dont have any epg enabled so can discount that as the problem. Anyone else having this problem

regards
satmanbasil