PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] vix build 600

eattheliving
05-02-13, 18:44
Hi all, just received a solo but i'm having issues with cross epg. On my other 2 solo's when i press the channel + an - buttons on the remote, whilst in the epg i get the bouquet list. But on vix build 600 all this does is move the epg forward or back a day. i do know its not the remote but a setting on the box (yes i've tried the new remote on my old box....works the way i want it too) anyone got any suggestions please...before i re flash to an older build.

thanks

Larry-G
05-02-13, 18:51
There has recently been a series of important changes made to the EPG area of the image as part of a overhaul we are undertaking of the EPG. This has resulted in several keymap changes which have been detailed many times on the forum lately.

eattheliving
05-02-13, 18:54
thanks pheonix....will do a search

gordyboy
05-02-13, 19:13
vix is running a treat however I have had one issue with every build so far and wondered if anyone else has the same problem Ive noticed that if I want to view anything from a usb [other than a software update], after I have say viewed a movie my menu then does not recognise my original hard drive files [movies etc] and i've had to re upgrade to get them back

any ideas

Rob van der Does
05-02-13, 19:21
Moved to the correct section.

eattheliving
05-02-13, 19:23
There has recently been a series of important changes made to the EPG area of the image as part of a overhaul we are undertaking of the EPG. This has resulted in several keymap changes which have been detailed many times on the forum lately.

Got it sorted Pheonix.

Turns out that the < and > move the actual epg forward and back on the bouquet list. It doesnt actually show you the bouquet headings now... phew thats one thing sorted. Don't spose you know how to get the current prog on the epg to be green do you? this is just showing grey for a progs.

eattheliving
05-02-13, 19:25
Moved to the correct section.

cheers Rob. thought i was in the correct section :o

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 19:39
Got it sorted Pheonix.

Turns out that the < and > move the actual epg forward and back on the bouquet list. It doesnt actually show you the bouquet headings now... phew thats one thing sorted. Don't spose you know how to get the current prog on the epg to be green do you? this is just showing grey for a progs.

If you turn on "show bouquet on launch" it appears before the epg. Plus when you press the < > buttons it appears again instead of just skipping through.

To turn highlighted program a different colour you have to turn epg type to text not graphics. This is my only real gripe about new epg layout. You can hardly tell what's highlighted. When you turn to text mode it is radically different, but personally it looks absolutely naff.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

judge
05-02-13, 19:52
To turn highlighted program a different colour you have to turn epg type to text not graphics. This is my only real gripe about new epg layout. You can hardly tell what's highlighted.

There is an epg folder that contains these graphics in VIX skins.
These are the ones I currently use, feel free to create your own & share them if you like.
If using the default skin, they overwrite the graphics in /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Night-HD/epg/

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 19:59
There is an epg folder that contains these graphics in VIX skins.
These are the ones I currently use, feel free to create your own & share them if you like.
If using the default skin, they overwrite the graphics in /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Night-HD/epg/

Cheers judge I'll have them. Look much clearer.

One thing, when I do online update they will not be lost will they?

judge
05-02-13, 20:05
One thing, when I do online update they will not be lost will they?

If there is an update to the skin, which happens quite often, then yes...
just keep a copy handy...

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 20:15
I've just pinched you're select current event.png. Have kept a copy looks much better, wife and daughter say thank you.

I thought there was a folder where you could place skin edits so they don't get over written?....our am I wrong?

Larry-G
05-02-13, 20:18
I've just pinched you're select current event.png. Have kept a copy looks much better, wife and daughter say thank you.

I thought there was a folder where you could place skin edits so they don't get over written?....our am I wrong?

you can create user.xml files for skins etc that wont be overwritten upon a image update, not sure about .png files though thats more Judge's area as he likes to play about with those things.

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 20:27
Well for my 2 Pennies worth, judges selectedcurrentevent.png colour,
(now pardon my French) pisses on the default one....... Sorry I just had to get it off my chest.:p

judge
05-02-13, 20:30
yes, as pheonix says, you can create a custom xml for any screen, however if any changes & lots have been made to epg recently, you would loose out on those enhancements.
replacing the graphics really is easiest for now.
or, copy the entire skin folder, call it something like ViX-Night-HD-Mod, place the graphics you want in there & select that skin.
Again, you will loose out on any future skin enhancements unless you keep an eye on changes & make them yourself.

Larry-G
05-02-13, 20:31
Well for my 2 Pennies worth, judges selectedcurrentevent.png colour,
(now pardon my French) pisses on the default one....... Sorry I just had to get it off my chest.:p

This is why we created a system by which the user can modify such areas of the image to their liking, as frankly we are not so arrogant to believe that our changes would be to every ones liking, even within the beta team never mind the userbase as a whole.

what people have to remember is ultimately this is andyblac's image and while he will always try to make changes to please others at some point he will put his foot down and impart his own tastes. personally i like the new default screen but i know for example my dad would not hence why his box has a modified screen like judges.

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 20:34
I was just being flippant.............sowwy

judge
05-02-13, 20:35
Well for my 2 Pennies worth, judges selectedcurrentevent.png colour.......

It's Andys choice what he want's in his image, it's your choice to make any changes you want.

Larry-G
05-02-13, 20:35
I was just being flippant.............sowwy

LOL my post was not meant as a rant or a sermon just a factual explanation of how some things work within the image.

Madcustomer
19-02-13, 16:55
Just dabbling with this now, funny enough its the wife who wasn't happy with the original selectcurrentevent.png so have managed to figure out how to change it over and she say

I use to dabble with forum skins etc so

eamo
21-02-13, 11:21
i assume selectcurrentevent.png is the file fo rthe selceted channel on blue as per the screenshot on previous page. if i wanted to modify the color of the channels that are currently on at the same time which file wouldit be?

judge
21-02-13, 11:58
CurrentEvent.png for the show that's currently on, CurrentService.png for current channel.

eamo
21-02-13, 23:29
brilliant judge thanks

judge
21-02-13, 23:35
brilliant judge thanks

you're welcome, if you get stuck with any of the others, let us know...
And feel free to upload your own graphics when done.