PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] 3 Updates available Solo 2 on ViX image but they never install...

thatfellow
05-02-13, 13:33
Guys any help with this please, Its driving me crazy..

Software Updates always shows 3 Available packages for update but They never update.. Is there any way that I can get more info on this? If I click "view the changes" I get a blank screen, If I update them the Solo2 goes through the update process but I still have the 3 packages when Im finished... I am just wondering if there is a log somewhere that might help me troubleshoot this problem or identify the packages that are listed to be updated...

Here is what I have tried so far...

connect to box with telnet and then
opkg update
opkg install enigma2-fonts --force-overwrite

I also clean installed "OpenViX 3.0-600" did the upgrade before I installed any new plugins & same issue...

Thanks in advance

Trial
05-02-13, 14:15
Hi,
enter telnet and then
opkg update
opkg upgrade

now you should see where the problem is. Normally it should be enigma2-fonts.

ciao

thatfellow
05-02-13, 15:09
Thanks for your reply m8, I started telnet and then ran commands..
opkg update
opkg upgrade

After the opkg update all the links flashed up
After opkg upgrade, nothing happened..

I then did the update software through the Solo2 menu and same thing, 3 packages, when updated, they are still there... Pretty annoying...
Also m8, this is after a clean install of "OpenViX 3.0-600" by usb..

thatfellow
05-02-13, 16:06
Does anybody know how I could find out what these 3 packages are? Is there a log anywhere that would have this info so I could manually remove the packages & reinstall them...

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 16:16
Why don't you flash you're box back to an older build then wait for the 601 build to be ready with the fixes and then update to that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Trial
05-02-13, 16:23
Hi,

After the opkg update all the links flashed up

this is OK.

this normally means there is no update. Try a restart of the box.

ciao

thatfellow
05-02-13, 19:26
Why don't you flash you're box back to an older build then wait for the 601 build to be ready with the fixes and then update to that.

I have had this problem since #540 m8, it did not just pop up with #600.. I have it with fresh installs also... could it be anything to do with my storing picons & EPG on HDD?? Or not updating the channel list as I have a customised Irish setup with all ITV's Chanel 5 etc..
Could you suggest a reasonably stable (Older) image to try?

this normally means there is no update. Try a restart of the box.

I always restart after the updates m8... If I could just find out that the hell the updates were I could uninstall the plugin/extension but I cant find any reference to the 3 updates in any logs

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 19:35
What picons are you using? Did you get them from feeds? It may be them causing problem.

Also it's not ideal storing picons on hdd. Better off in flash or USB. So I've read plenty of times on this site.

Larry-G
05-02-13, 20:06
if you have picons installed from the feeds you will see a update icon for them when there are new picons available but you wont see a changelog for them, it will appear as a update with no log, this could be your problem.

As also pointed out above the HDD really is not the best place to house Picons as it will force the HDD to spin up every time you so much as change a channel, this in turn could add upto 5 or more seconds to the zap time.