PDA

View Full Version : Audio out from Duo query

micks_address
05-02-13, 10:44
Hi Folks,

For a long time i thought it was my tv but now I think I've figured out that unless you have digital downmix set to 'on' under the audio settings the Duo wont output any audio for dolby digital tracks over hdmi or scart.

I have an rf modulator connected via scart, and couldnt get any audio on my tv upstairs initially and suspected the rf modulator but i do get audio when i set downmix to on.

Now the thing is - i'd rather not set downmix to on as i watch movies/sports using my receiver and like to listen to the 5.1 tracks. At the moment I toggle the setting on/off and it works but is there any plugin i can use, which will set audio to dowmix over hdmi and scart and send 5.1 out via optical?

Cheers,
Mick

Rob van der Does
05-02-13, 12:06
Unfortunately this is not possible, as it is down to the drivers. VU+ has been asked over two years ago to correct this .......

Not sure about your HDMI-remark though: HDMI audio output is fine, both with downmix on and off.

Trial
05-02-13, 12:58
Hi,

For a long time i thought it was my tv but now I think I've figured out that unless you have digital downmix set to 'on' under the audio settings the Duo wont output any audio for dolby digital tracks over hdmi or scart.

it must be still your TV. If the VUs wont send any audio through HDMI when downmix is on then 2 of my 3 TV rooms would be very silent. Of course it will not send 5.1 when downmix is not but this is the intention of this setting.

One thing. Is the volume level of your box set to 100%? If you have programmed your RC for your TV you can check&set the level with the web interface.

ciao

micks_address
05-02-13, 16:42
yes i get audio via hmdi on the tv with downmix on, but not when it is off, even though my tv is supposed to decode 5.1 fine.. i guess i just gotta get used off toggling on/off downmix.. any way to shorten the sequence with a one for all remote? currently i press audio then red button...

its only a minor inconvience in fairness thanks mick

Hi,

it must be still your TV. If the VUs wont send any audio through HDMI when downmix is on then 2 of my 3 TV rooms would be very silent. Of course it will not send 5.1 when downmix is not but this is the intention of this setting.

One thing. Is the volume level of your box set to 100%? If you have programmed your RC for your TV you can check&set the level with the web interface.

ciao

rickfun
05-02-13, 18:00
I had the same problem running a modulator to upstairs tv got no sound but swopped tv for a new one then it tuned in and worked fine