PDA

View Full Version : Flashing ViX 1.1 Image

DrProzac
26-09-10, 21:34
Hi All,

When flashing the new 1.1 Version of the Image, do you (or should you) get the message remove USB and reboot.

Mine seems to have gone though the Reading USB, Erasing Flash, and now is on Programming...

I'm sure the 1.0 Image had the message up to remove the USB and reboot?

Have I done something wrong?

pooface
26-09-10, 21:37
Hi All,

When flashing the new 1.1 Version of the Image, do you (or should you) get the message remove USB and reboot.

Mine seems to have gone though the Reading USB, Erasing Flash, and now is on Programming...

I'm sure the 1.0 Image had the message up to remove the USB and reboot?

Have I done something wrong?

Yup, tells you to remove the usb and reboot...

If not doing that after 5 minutes, the turn the box off, wait for a minute, reflash...

DrProzac
26-09-10, 21:42
Thanks.
Mine's still on Programming after 20mins or so I'll try again now

DrProzac
26-09-10, 21:49
Just powered off and removed USB started again and the new Image has been installed.
So all is good.

Is it worth re-flshing again?

amires
26-09-10, 22:02
It is not working for me I get the message Reading USB and after that starting and then vuplus starts with VIX 1.0. I have formated the usb stick with fat32 and I have kept the original file structure which is a vuplus folder in the root inside that a duo folder and inside that 3 files. What could be the problem?

DrProzac
26-09-10, 22:18
Which file did you download?
It wasn't the NFI Version was it?

cervot
26-09-10, 22:19
hi where do you go to manual install a plugin? thanks in advance

amires
26-09-10, 22:24
Which file did you download?
It wasn't the NFI Version was it?

I downloaded the USB version what now that you mentioned I might have downloaded the wrong file. I try downloading again.

UPDATE : no, it is the right file, filename is VIX_V1.1_Team_Image.zip and it is 41.4MB.
Could the problem be that I have a hard drive installed inside my vuplus so the usb stick is now sdb instead of sda?

pooface
26-09-10, 22:32
I downloaded the USB version what now that you mentioned I might have downloaded the wrong file. I try downloading again.

UPDATE : no, it is the right file, filename is VIX_V1.1_Team_Image.zip and it is 41.4MB.
Could the problem be that I have a hard drive installed inside my vuplus so the usb stick is now sdb instead of sda?

I'm guessing you have a usb stick already plugged in the back of the box?!

Remove any other usb sticks, and just plug the one you want to use in at the front...

I assume you kept the file structure also?! i.e. vuplus\duo

Internal hdd won't make a different. Only difference might be because you either didn't extract all files to the directory structure, or you have a usb drive attached already...

amires
26-09-10, 22:50
Ok, it worked. What I did was flashing again my box with VIX 1.0 and after that I flashed to VIX 1.1 and this time it worked.

bob1
27-09-10, 16:53
Same thing here ,just got stuck on programming, i turned the box off and it booted up without a problem.

pooface
27-09-10, 20:14
Same thing here ,just got stuck on programming, i turned the box off and it booted up without a problem.

Have had that happen before with other images as well. Must just be something within the vix bootloader or flasher process...