PDA

View Full Version : 2tb WD 2.5inch Hard Drive

Lyrrad
05-02-13, 05:07
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/western-digital-my-passport-portable-hard-drive-2tb-black-13730028-pdt.html

Has anyone put a 2tb drive in their solo2?

The link above is for external drive and I was wondering if it is possible to crack open the casing and use the drive.

I'm unsure if USB 3.0 will make the actual drive terminal incompatable,and if so is it possible to just replace the connector that came with solo2 with another one to overcome any compatability issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

Tkr001
05-02-13, 08:27
I haven't used a 2Tb drive but can't see why it wouldn't work. USB3 is backwards compatible so if you want to use it as an external drive you could. If you crack the case you will find a normal SATA drive inside so could use that internally if you wanted to. Personally I would rather keep the external drive for other things and just buy a new sata drive to use internally.

macca
19-02-13, 05:53
I've put a WD 1TB HDD in mine, not much room between the top of the drive and the bottom of the box lid, but seems to be working OK. Just make sure you slide the little plastic dampeners into the drive caddy (see pic), if you put them on top of the caddy and then the drive there's not enough room to fit, yes I found that out the hard way :)23773