PDA

View Full Version : motorised no 2nd tuner problem

sjmc
04-02-13, 21:49
right, ive got the sat correctly aligned and on the arc, but cant get a signal on tuner B. swapped the cable from A to B and get a signal, so thinking 'B' cable is broken i switch out to a complete new cable and low and behold same problem, i also changed line into lnb (QUAD) which works on another box aso lnb is fine , what am idoing wrong.

probably is connected but
A tuner is reading 12.db
something is telling me that this is the problem

any help is much appreciated

is usals set

A =postioner etc....
B =equal etc....

Rob van der Does
04-02-13, 21:58
'Equal' means 'equal' indeed: so you have two motors then?

sjmc
04-02-13, 21:59
no , sorry just one motor , so do i set B tuner to?

Rob van der Does
04-02-13, 22:22
no , sorry just one motor , so do i set B tuner to?
Loopthrough

drx360
04-02-13, 22:32
have you got your longitude and latitude set? not sure if its the same on vu but on my
TM-2T running a static and motorized dish ,tuner b is set as usals and then i used sat finder to lock the sat iam on then scan as normal

sjmc
04-02-13, 22:39
ok set to loopthrough but still no signal on B checked cable to B and no breaks in cable , im stumped

drx360
04-02-13, 22:41
are you running vix?

sjmc
04-02-13, 22:42
sorry just to clarify, just using 1 dish (motorised)

drx360
04-02-13, 22:45
i take it you are running a twin lnb?

sjmc
04-02-13, 22:47
quad lnb using two inputs, which ive moved around in case one input was a dud

sjmc
04-02-13, 23:09
set up this way but no signal now on A tuner , ive replaced both lines !!!!!!! and both not working each time after swapping to A/B grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sjmc
04-02-13, 23:16
when i swap cable over yes!

sjmc
04-02-13, 23:39
yep using two different shoutgun cable lengths bought at different times .
well stumped

dwarf
05-02-13, 00:32
In vix would you not set the tuner to "second cable of motorised LNB"

Alec
05-02-13, 00:33
What are the 2 inputs are they from a twin LNB on a dish? Loop through is for one input and it connects Tuner A internally with Tuner B from one source, and it should not be used if you have 2 inputs connected.

Larry-G
05-02-13, 00:39

Yes that would be the settinng to use, loop through should only be used when using a single feed to loop the signal from one tuner to the other.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

sjmc
05-02-13, 00:40
yep 2 inputs on a quad lnb dish

dwarf
05-02-13, 00:42
Have you tried the above then or are you clarifying that your using a quad LNB on a motorised dish?

sjmc
05-02-13, 01:37
Both . i have tried all suggested settings on a quad lnb motorised dish and no joy.
ill try another day day
cheers

Rob van der Does
05-02-13, 08:41
set up up tuner B, the loopthrough only works on tuner A
Not correct: loopthrough can work in both direction.

Depends: if there are indeed two cables (i.e. a motorised twin/quad LNB) the 'second cable' would be correct. And there is nothing VoX-specific in this area: it's all about default Enigma-functionality.

Both . i have tried all suggested settings on a quad lnb motorised dish and no joy.
ill try another day day
Not sure why you keep on talking about a 'quad'.
You have a motorized quad-LNB?
If so: are there indeed more the 1 cable coming from it?
If so: make sure you use the cable that runs through the motor.

Anyway: connect the cable that goes to the motor to tuner A and set tuner B to loopthrough. That works for sure.

Alec
05-02-13, 18:55
2 inputs from one LNB on a Motorised dish and A, is tuned only on Duo, Tuner B second cable of a motorised LNB Tuner A, but I always have mine configured in advanced. The only way you know it is working properly is when you record on different transponders. You could test each input by connected only one each time in the the tuned input. If they each work in turn then it is probably a configuration, or software problem

Rob van der Does
05-02-13, 19:14
2 inputs from one LNB on a Motorised dish and A, is tuned only on Duo, Tuner B second cable of a motorised LNB Tuner A,
OK, clear.

but I always have mine configured in advanced.
Makes no difference.

The only way you know it is working properly is when you record on different transponders. You could test each input by connected only one each time in the the tuned input. If they each work in turn then it is probably a configuration, or software problem
Nope there are more ways:
1- Use the embedded SatFinder for both tuner;
2- Set 'preferred tuner" (normally set to 'Auto') to 'tuner B' and watch live-TV on several satellites. Do the same for 'Tuner A'. Don't forget to reset to auto.