New VIX Image - v1.1
27/09/2010 - OE1.6

From VIX Team

Based on Official 5.2 Image

Enigma: 22-09-2010-experimental.
Enigma Plugins: 22.09.2010.
GCC Version: 4.4.3.

Team VIX Enhancements

All the same Enhancements as the previous image, along with some extra enhancements, as listed below...

New Enhancements in v1.1

VIX 1.1 Bootlogos and Radio Logo.
EPG Importer now renamed to RyVIX and using latest sources file.
EPG Download from transponders - This incorporates the EIT, MHW, FREESAT & VIASAT downloads. To enable/disable, change your settings in the Menu -> Setup -> System -> Customise.
CrossEPG included in image as default - A modified version of the CrossEPG importer has been installed in image as default. Settings for this can be found in Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> CrossEPG. This version has been modified to remove spaces at the beginning of the title. It is a modified version of the original beta, that also downloads more titles and summaries, to give a fuller epg.
VIX Team Softcam Manager - Rewritten, softcams can now be installed and managed independently.
VIX Team Device Manager - This enables you to choose where you want to mount USB Sticks, USB HDDs, etc. This can be found in Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Device Manager. The device manager can handle Swap partitions, as well as other paritions, and start the swap partition upon boot (this does not require you to use the swap file manager, but swap partitions must be setup manually). Swap partitions are automatically set up to run.
VIX Team Image Manager - This enables you to backup and restore your image (nb, we are talking the whole image, not just settings). This can be found in Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Image Manager. You can choose where to store your backups to, either HDD or USB. /media/hdd/imagebackups or /media/usb/imagebackups folder (setup by pressing menu, whilst your in Image Manager).
VIX Team Overscan fix - This is the fix to remedy any overscan people had in the previous release. To use this, go to Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Skin Settings and alter the "Menu Overscan amount" to suit your display.
Ability to format usb sticks to ext2/3 - it will only let you format a device that is not a HARD DRIVE use the Initialise menu item in the HARDDISK menu for HDD's
WebInterface Remote control - The Web Remote used in the WebInterface now shows the Vu Duo remote control, with all buttons mapped correctly.
Software Manger Installed as default, and skinned for VIX - This also allows for System Update, to keep the image up to date when alterations are made to some of the core features.
Alternative skins can be used - Only the skins from the plugin server are compatible.
New plugins feed - Added Bouquets and Skins to the download server.
Added option to disable the spinner (egg timer) - Change the setting of "Show Animation while busy" in Menu -> Setup -> System -> Customise.
Added option to disable the channel numbers in Channel List - BMCC bouquet's have Channel Numbers in their channel name, so you get them twice in channel list.
Added option to enable/disable panic button (goes direct to channel 1).
Updated Cool TV Guide to 2.10, slightly tweaked, changed default button map to: red: Zap + Exit, long red: Zap, green: IMDb Search, long green: Channel Info, yellow: Search, long yellow: IMDb Search, blue: AutoTimer, long blue: Timer, OK: Channel Info, Record: Instant Timer Record (no edit timer popup), epg: Opens Single View PG, and added IMDb search
Added HDMI to Video Setup
Added a shutdown screen going to deep standby.
Network manager will run automatically upon first start up, to help set up your network.
Added Wireless Lan Support - This is automatically enabled in the image. To set up, use the Network manager on first boot, or from the Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network.
Added Network Browser to help you setup share mounts.
Added Smargo Support - This is automatically enabled in image. To use, put the following lines in CCcam.cfg:

BOXKEY: /dev/ttyUSB0 xx xx xx xx
SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY /dev/ttyUSB0 3570000

Bug Fixes in v1.1

CCcam Info Font Size - In the ECM Info / Entitlements windows
Help Screen crashes - No longer crash when go to the 3rd help screen
Media Player Progress - The progress bar was in the way of the Media Player, causing problems viewing it...
Softcam case sensitive - The Softcam Manager requires the softcam config files and these file are case-sensitive, So now the Softcam Manager warns you that the config file does not exist, if it is not the correct case.
Added skinning elements to the plugins, so you can now use the default skins (Default_Skin, 750s, Vu HD, kerni-hd1r2 & dmconcinnity-hd), but as for others it will use them but ONLY if they don't use extra plugins like "ExtreamInfo.py" that is used in VTI 's infobar if you remove it then the skin should work. (open the skin.xml do a search for 'ExtreamInfo', and remove those elements found, then the skin skin should run ok, please post skin that you get working and i will sad then to our skin feed.
Network Adapter Setup - IP Address was not fully being shown.
Picons bug - Once you had setup Picons on internal flash, it would not allow you to change to HDD or USB.

Button Mappings

Short Red - Show current event info.
Long Red - Show current channel EPG info.
Short Green - Timers.
Long Green - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow - EPG Search.
Long Yellow - IMDB Database.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens the Cool TV EPG plugin

Known Bugs

Motor moving image does not display - Problem with main driver, reported to VU+.
Front VFD display showing the play button at the end of a video unless it is stopped manually - Problem with main driver, reported to VU+.
ECM time on second info bar in skin is not currently shown - New version of CCcam needed for OE1.6. (libgcc_s.so fix is unstable).
Installing other skins will cause the box to get into an infinite loop. Only use supported skins on this image (currently Vu_HD_Plus, Default_Skin, 750s, Vu HD, kerni-hd1r2 & dmconcinnity-hd are the only supported skins) - but others can be used, but ONLY if they don't use extra plugins like "ExtreamInfo.py" that is used in VTI 's infobar if you remove it then the skin should work. (open the skin.xml do a search for 'ExtreamInfo', and remove those elements found, then the skin skin should run ok, please post skin that you get working and i will sad then to our skin feed.

Screenshots

Loading Screen:
http://c.imagehost.org/0022/Loading2.jpg

Starting Enigma2 Screen:
http://c.imagehost.org/0816/StartingE2_3.jpg

Radio Screen:
http://c.imagehost.org/0171/Radio2.jpg

Shutdown Screen:
http://c.imagehost.org/0975/switchoff.jpg

VIX Menu:
http://c.imagehost.org/0363/vix_menu.png

Softcam Manager:
http://c.imagehost.org/0940/softcam_manager.png

Device Manager:
http://c.imagehost.org/0169/device_manager.png

Mount Points:
http://c.imagehost.org/0038/mountpoints.png

Image Manager:
http://c.imagehost.org/0523/image_manager.png

Customize Menu:
http://c.imagehost.org/0876/customize_menu.png

Skin Settings:
http://c.imagehost.org/0328/skin_settings.png

Network Setup:
http://c.imagehost.org/0826/network_setup.png

Network Settings:
http://c.imagehost.org/0718/network_settings.png

Wireless Adapter Setup:
http://c.imagehost.org/0754/wireless_adapter_setup.png

Wireless Network State:
http://c.imagehost.org/0672/wireless_network_state.png

Downloads

Use this thread to download (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2600-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v1.1-26-09-2010)

samad
26-09-10, 20:10
Let me be the first to say thanks.

Will flash it in few sec, and give proper review once I have tested it.

Gr8 work teamVU!

Venkku
26-09-10, 20:13
Thanks,
Will try in a sec!

DrProzac
26-09-10, 20:14
Yes thanks for the new Image, can't wait to put it on.

How comes when a new Image has been released the GF is always watching some reality show though!!
Well done Vix Team and thankyou for all your hardwork! :)

delahzo
26-09-10, 20:36
Flashed it, love it!
Thanks again VIX team for all your work and for the support on here.

fulabeer
26-09-10, 20:55
I've got my first sat box coming tomorrow....VU+ DUO. This update couldn't have been timed better! Cheers!!!

beagooner
26-09-10, 21:06
Hi Guys,

In the previous VIX image thread it was hinted that there might be a way to update the image via the internet so as not to lose any settings. Was this implemented? Thank you so much by the way for another seemingly great image. You guys do a wonderful job. Much appreciated.

BG

aguiasslb
26-09-10, 21:14
thanks,
by image

andyblac
26-09-10, 21:21
Hi Guys,

In the previous VIX image thread it was hinted that there might be a way to update the image via the internet so as not to lose any settings. Was this implemented? Thank you so much by the way for another seemingly great image. You guys do a wonderful job. Much appreciated.

BG

yes, after you have installed v1.1, you can use Software manager to check for updates, but you need v1.1 for this feature.

glic83
26-09-10, 21:33
so 1.1 will have to be installed via usb stick?but from then on it can be updated via the internet

keith0509
26-09-10, 21:38
Thanks for all the hard work guys, looks cool.
Will give it a go tomorrow

pooface
26-09-10, 21:39
so 1.1 will hae to be installed via usb stick?but from then on it can be updated via the internet

1.1 can be updated via internet... Might need to flash via usb in the future at some point...

breakdown
26-09-10, 21:48
Thanks for new ver.1.1 wix team

azimli
26-09-10, 21:53
thanks, by image

koyote_0942
26-09-10, 22:05
thanks for the imagen team, a question CrossEPG works for dplus 19 º?

pooface
26-09-10, 22:37
thanks for the imagen team, a question CrossEPG works for dplus 19 º?

Crossepg is for the opentv epg data... i.e. sky italia and sky uk...

For dplus 19.2e and 30w (not 100% sure about 30w, but 19.2e works fine), enable the mhw epg data system, and navigate to the Guia Digital+ channel. This will import the epg data from the satellite for this package...

koyote_0942
26-09-10, 22:53
thanks now works Perect , I do not see the Cool TVEPG plugin can be installed?

soulmate
26-09-10, 22:57
a great leap forward....but....so if I don't misunderstand the point you are more and more trying to cut out user's modifications? Don't get me wrong but does it mean that if I e.g. just want to install a different emu or a different emu I have to ask the team to do that?

pooface
26-09-10, 23:03
a great leap forward....but....so if I don't misunderstand the point you are more and more trying to cut out user's modifications? Don't get me wrong but does it mean that if I e.g. just want to install a different emu or a different emu I have to ask the team to do that?

The majority of users just use cccam...

Some users use mgcamd.

Some users like to use a combination of cccam and oscam, or mgcamd and oscam...

There are very few users who use other combinations...

What other emu would you like to use?!

soulmate
26-09-10, 23:05
no, it's not about that. It's about the freedom to choose, and sorry to say that. I've never seen any team doing that but if the majority is happy with that - then it's just me.

fulabeer
26-09-10, 23:26
no, it's not about that. It's about the freedom to choose, and sorry to say that. I've never seen any team doing that but if the majority is happy with that - then it's just me.

Freedom to choose is correct... with an big emphasis on "FREE"
I'm new to all this, but as far as i can see, this is all done with good will.
If this doesn't suit you, then you have lost nothing etc.

PS guys, i hope my small donation keeps this incredible work going. (and i hope others will show their real thanks!)

andyblac
26-09-10, 23:40

it is called stability :), think of it like Microsoft trying to cope with ALL software which crashes alot, and a mac that only uses software that is tested, which runs solid :), this is how our team is going, the main reason we are doing our own image is for a rock solid image, so if this means is has to close down some aspect of the image then so be it. but as we said if you want to have a emu that is not in our feed then ASK, and we will do our best to add it.

mo.p
26-09-10, 23:59
Thanks for all the hard work guys i cant get to work on 28.2 i am useing tuner b for 28.2 and tuner a for motor it works other sats but cant get it to work on 28.2 any help would be appreciated!

koyote_0942
27-09-10, 00:02
hey guys, menu-information-about ... crash me

DrProzac
27-09-10, 00:05
Thanks for all the hard work guys i cant get to work on 28.2 i am useing tuner b for 28.2 and tuner a for motor it works other sats but cant get it to work on 28.2 any help would be appreciated!

I had to adjust the satellites.xml file.

I found that 28.2 was showing as position 284 and not as 282 for some reason (Are you using Catseyes channel list?)

All working now after that adjustment.

mo.p
27-09-10, 00:11
I had to adjust the satellites.xml file.

I found that 28.2 was showing as position 284 and not as 282 for some reason (Are you using Catseyes channel list?)

All working now after that adjustment.

yes m8 thanks for relpy so how do i adjust the satellites.xml file. plz m8 thanks in advance

optip
27-09-10, 00:53
love the image! :)

got my Vu+ Duo at the weekend and am very happy with the Vu+ Duo and VIX image combination.

Love the highly integrated epg + autotimer feature, and the quick menus and channel switches.

Thanks for the effort!!

irishchris
27-09-10, 01:06
fair play andy and the team --- another fantastic image!! really appreciate all the work you guys put in to this! a different class to the other images in terms of epg alone

cbr900
27-09-10, 03:41
it is called stability :), think of it like Microsoft trying to cope with ALL software which crashes alot, and a mac that only uses software that is tested, which runs solid :), this is how our team is going, the main reason we are doing our own image is for a rock solid image, so if this means is has to close down some aspect of the image then so be it. but as we said if you want to have a emu that is not in our feed then ASK, and we will do our best to add it.

Thx guys for this great work...

I still did not install it...I like to have gbox.

10x

soulmate
27-09-10, 04:40

Theoretical Aspect:I don't like the idea of CLOSING done things when it comes to linux. It is a contradiction in itself. Just an advice to a good team to prevent them from doing some mistakes. Don't get me wrong but I don't think that any team can cope with the world wide enigma² community requests. I know this is happening in good will!!!

Real-Life Aspect: I think there are network issues when trying to copy from hdd. FTP seems okay. My guess it's due to a problem with samba. There are two files that need to be "exchanged" that are usually in "usr/bin" [smdb and nmbd ] ...they are not there :-). That is an issue that happened in other team images,too. I don't know if that is really the same issue here or why you have the same issue etc. However, I am not able to check it myself.

Sicilian
27-09-10, 06:07

What skin are you using?

cervot
27-09-10, 07:14
hi info screen crash me also, im using dmconcinnity-hd downloaded fron the image. see below for crashlog. Also how do do manual install of plugin, I like sherlock and satangels keyupdater.

regards

cervot

Sicilian
27-09-10, 07:18
hi info screen crash me also, im using dmconcinnity-hd downloaded fron the image. see below for crashlog. Also how do do manual install of plugin, I like sherlock and satangels keyupdater.

regards

cervot

The crash is a bug in the skin.

Satangels can easily be installed http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2446-SatAngels-KeyUpdater-E2-1.3

Not sure if Sherlock is compatible with OE1.6. Will need to test.

cervot
27-09-10, 07:32
sherlock seems to be ok, wondered why it wasnt in the list of plugins/extension? ok i change the skin back to default for now, many thanks for your efforts. Also do i install by telnet or is there an option in a menu?

amires
27-09-10, 07:36
Special thanks to the VIX team for all the hard work. Now I can populate EPG from DigiTurk and most channels on Nilesat.

Sicilian
27-09-10, 07:37
sherlock seems to be ok, wondered why it wasnt in the list of plugins/extension? ok i change the skin back to default for now, many thanks for your efforts. Also do i install by telnet or is there an option in a menu?

Telnet ftp ipk files to /tmp the install with this command: -

ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

Deos sherlock defo 100% work with v1.1?

Sicilian
27-09-10, 07:56

Just tested sherlock and its not compatible with the VU_HD Plus skin, but works with the kerni skin.

chris-k
27-09-10, 08:21
does this new image support newcamd ????
anyway thx for the great work you all put in to this vix image. :)

Sicilian
27-09-10, 08:27

Do you have an ipk of the emu so that we can test? Have you tested newcamd with any other Duo image?

RogerThis
27-09-10, 08:42

With cccam you can create a newcamd client.
With oscam you can create a newcamd server.

spacemonkey
27-09-10, 08:48
just flashed to version 1.1 and one small picky thing i have noticed is that there are references to "DreamBox" in the setup wizard.

andyblac
27-09-10, 08:50
just flashed to version 1.1 and one small picky thing i have noticed is that there are references to "DreamBox" in the setup wizard.

which one ?, was it network ?

pass4plex
27-09-10, 08:54
Added option to disable the channel numbers in Channel List - BMCC bouquet's have Channel Numbers in their channel name, so you get them twice in channel list

Can someone please tell me how to do this.
I've looked everywhere and cannot see this option.

Thanks

chris-k
27-09-10, 09:00
Do you have an ipk of the emu so that we can test? Have you tested newcamd with any other Duo image?

ipk :o ,, yes it works in DE image.

chris-k
27-09-10, 09:02
With cccam you can create a newcamd client.
With oscam you can create a newcamd server.

thx alot RogerThis :wave:

andyblac
27-09-10, 09:15

ok, bug fixed, and it is on the server, just do a Check for updates, in Software Manager

fulabeer
27-09-10, 09:19
ok, bug fixed, and it is on the server, just do a Check for updates, in Software Manager

andy, are you just trying to spoil me?
My first box arrives today, and you are going to have me thinking it was always this easy to update things LOL!

koyote_0942
27-09-10, 09:30

thanks now working perfectly with skin dmconcinnity-hd

bassethound
27-09-10, 10:01
Thanks andyblac and all the team for making a great image even better than the first VIX 1.0 image which was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its great that Software Manager now has image update incorporated

bassethound

oblivian
27-09-10, 10:05
thx for the image guys...
just one thing is annoying. can't install subtitleplayer by dd neither from image or telnet

fulabeer
27-09-10, 10:20
andy, are you just trying to spoil me?
My first box arrives today, and you are going to have me thinking it was always this easy to update things LOL!

Well my DUO arrived a 9.30am, by 09.57 everything was up and running/updated to V1.1. cheers!

Oh, btw the way, i'm not that smart.
I was going to post why the menu coloured buttons are the opppsite way to the remote.
I then realised that i had picked the remote up the wrong way round!!! :o

Sicilian
27-09-10, 11:07
thx for the image guys...
just one thing is annoying. can't install subtitleplayer by dd neither from image or telnet

Its in the plugsins feed under extensions.

EDIT: Yes theres a problem with subtile player. I'll report it now.

SLOTH
27-09-10, 11:43
Flashing it as we speak ....
great work guys

andyblac
27-09-10, 11:45
Its in the plugsins feed under extensions.

EDIT: Yes theres a problem with subtile player. I'll report it now.

fixed and online :D, just try to reinstall :)

fulabeer
27-09-10, 11:50
fixed and online :D, just try to reinstall :)

Why the long delay?
Reported fault at 11.07
Fixed at 11.45
I only hope future faults are dealt with quicker!:rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D

bassethound
27-09-10, 11:55
Why the long delay?
Reported fault at 11.07
Fixed at 11.45
I only hope future faults are dealt with quicker!:rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D

LOL:sweating:

dmgp
27-09-10, 11:58
Excellent ! well done and thanks ! only thing I can't find is how to make 2nd info bar default ?

Sicilian
27-09-10, 12:01
Excellent ! well done and thanks ! only thing I can't find is how to make 2nd info bar default ?

VIX Menu > Skin Settings > Set second info bar to 'show only second infobar'.

oblivian
27-09-10, 12:01
sub player installed from extensions but after restarting No module named DDsubt........
not working for me

Sicilian
27-09-10, 12:02
sub player installed from extensions but after restarting No module named DDsubt........
not working for me

Just spotted that and reported.

cbr900
27-09-10, 12:03
What are the avalible emus in the download menu?

pooface
27-09-10, 12:20

Can't remember all directly off head, but there's an mgcamd (not sure what version), cccam 2.1.3, cccam 2.1.4, oscam 0.99svn0280 (or summat like that), and oscam 1.00svn3799 (or summat like that :p)

andyblac
not working for me

thanks, i'll add that the feeds

Sicilian

CCcam 2.1.3
CCcam 2.1.4
MGcamd 1.35a
Oscam.

Any particular emu your looking for?

cbr900
27-09-10, 12:26
CCcam 2.1.3
CCcam 2.1.4
MGcamd 1.35a
Oscam.

Gbox please

lvsat
27-09-10, 12:28
any info for support to usb dvb-t ?

Sicilian
27-09-10, 12:30
Gbox please

Do you have a working Gbox for the Duo? Can you post it here?

rockerduck
27-09-10, 12:32
CCcam 2.1.3
CCcam 2.1.4
MGcamd 1.35a
Oscam.

Should be nice to have CCcam 2.0.11 too, since is the only one which works with certain channels...

Thank you

delahzo
27-09-10, 12:33
Hi

sherlock doesn't work for me at all - greenscreens

VU+Duo
VU+HD skin
Internal 1TB HDD
1gb USB key for picons
Swapfile on HDD
ccCam 2.1.4
Fixed 28.2e
Motor 5w-43e

Sicilian
27-09-10, 12:38
Hi

VU+Duo
VU+HD skin
Internal 1TB HDD
1gb USB key for picons
Swapfile on HDD
ccCam 2.1.4
Fixed 28.2e
Motor 5w-43e

Sherlock will work with the Kerni R2 skin, tested this morning. It doesn't currently work with the default VU_HD Plus skin.

In all honesty I really don't see sherlocks use. You get most the info sherlock provides by press ok when the the infobar is displayed to show the second infobar.

andyblac
27-09-10, 12:44
Sherlock will work with the Kerni R2 skin, tested this morning. It doesn't currently work with the default VU_HD Plus skin.

In all honesty I really don't see sherlocks use. You get most the info sherlock provides by press ok when the the infobar is displayed to show the second infobar.

i have updated the Vu HD skin it should work now, if you all do a software update :)

andyblac
27-09-10, 12:45
Hi

VU+Duo
VU+HD skin
Internal 1TB HDD
1gb USB key for picons
Swapfile on HDD
ccCam 2.1.4
Fixed 28.2e
Motor 5w-43e

do a software update, and it will :)

Sicilian
27-09-10, 12:46
i have updated the Vu HD skin it should work now, if you all do a software update :)

I better find some more bugs so you can show off some more with all these software updates :roflmao:

andyblac
27-09-10, 12:48
I better find some more bugs so you can show off some more with all these software updates :roflmao:

lol, it does not matter how much we beta test, there is always some bugs left :D

satkingno
27-09-10, 12:50
Very nice image I must say...only problem so far is that I'm getting red subtitles instead of white...?

Regards

*******no

cbr900
27-09-10, 12:51
Do you have a working Gbox for the Duo? Can you post it here?

These files are for dream-elite 1.3.3F

pooface
27-09-10, 12:54
These files are for dream-elite 1.3.3F

Depends whether it will work on oe 1.6... Sure andy will be able to let us know when/if he gets time to look :)

andyblac
27-09-10, 12:57
Depends whether it will work on oe 1.6... Sure andy will be able to let us know when/if he gets time to look :)

yeah, i'll take a look over the next few days, lets get this release settled down first :D, then i can just use software update to add support if it works with oe1.6

andyblac
27-09-10, 12:59
Very nice image I must say...only problem so far is that I'm getting red subtitles instead of white...?

Regards

*******no

if your using TELETEXT sub, they will change colour with each person that speaks, makes it clear to who is talking

Dawi111
27-09-10, 13:03
Big thanks
under testing

Sicilian
27-09-10, 13:03
@ Andy, just installed the Sherlock thats in the plugin feed now with your skin fix, working sweet, there's actually some quite useful info on it :)

andyblac
27-09-10, 13:08
@ Andy, just installed the Sherlock thats in the plugin feed now with your skin fix, working sweet, there's actually some quite useful info on it :)

like what ?,

Sicilian
27-09-10, 13:10
like what ?,

Memory load + temp I suppose that about it lol! All other stuff you can see with CCcaminfo (already installed) and second infobar (already installed).

Dapperdan
27-09-10, 13:19
Hi,

I have version VIX 1.0 installed

I want to upgrade, what do I need to save to avoid having to set everything up from scratch.

Cheers

bjorntj
27-09-10, 13:28
I just tried the DVD Burn plugin and it just crashes, see attachent..
Should it work or?

Regards,

BTJ

cryptic x
27-09-10, 13:28
great image thanks to you all

irishchris
27-09-10, 13:32
hi guys
again great image. but in cool tv epg the green button is mapped to imdb search but although i go to say cyfra film and highligh a program on the guide and press imdb search it does not provide imdb info for the highlighted program but in fact for the program on the channel i am on?? not sure if it is an oversight or if it is possible to change to search from the tv guide instead of the program that is on the tv.

cheers for any help

andyblac
27-09-10, 13:39
I just tried the DVD Burn plugin and it just crashes, see attachent..
Should it work or?

Regards,

BTJ

it is complaining that 'CutListEditor.plugin' is not installed try to install it, then let us know i dont think we have tried it yet

andyblac
27-09-10, 13:42
hi guys
again great image. but in cool tv epg the green button is mapped to imdb search but although i go to say cyfra film and highligh a program on the guide and press imdb search it does not provide imdb info for the highlighted program but in fact for the program on the channel i am on?? not sure if it is an oversight or if it is possible to change to search from the tv guide instead of the program that is on the tv.

cheers for any help

i'll see what i can do :)

EDIT: Fixed and now online, just do a software update :)

pooface
27-09-10, 15:18
it is complaining that 'CutListEditor.plugin' is not installed try to install it, then let us know i dont think we have tried it yet

I have a usb dvd recorder...

What do you do to use this plugin (question directed to bjorntj)?! Haven't really needed or desired to, but can do some testing...

satkingno
27-09-10, 15:31
if your using TELETEXT sub, they will change colour with each person that speaks, makes it clear to who is talking

Ah, I see...any way to make them all white?

Regards

*******no

spacemonkey
27-09-10, 15:51

I've got a 2nd duo to flash tonight i'll post a complete list later

levi45
27-09-10, 15:56
thanks again vix team good one done it again......you are the best......

bjorntj
27-09-10, 16:08
I have a usb dvd recorder...

What do you do to use this plugin (question directed to bjorntj)?! Haven't really needed or desired to, but can do some testing...

I have never gotten this to work but it would be nice if it did... I sometimes need to burn a recording to a dvd and using a plugin like this would make it a lot easier...

btw, installed cutlisteditor and got a new crash, see attachment...

BTJ

andyblac
27-09-10, 16:24
Too ALL,

if you find bugs, please start a new thread with the bug name as the thread title, it will help us keep track of them and help others find a solution to existing problems, they will just get lost in a single thread, like this one. :)

mo.p
27-09-10, 16:30
The crash is a bug in the skin.

Satangels can easily be installed http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2446-SatAngels-KeyUpdater-E2-1.3

Not sure if Sherlock is compatible with OE1.6. Will need to test.

hi m8 i am trying to put satangels keyupdater.in var /tmp/ when i go in menu i cant find manually install any 1 with idiots guide please. any help would be appreciated!

mo.p
27-09-10, 16:58
hi m8 iv sorted now its in download plugins extensions

catseye
27-09-10, 17:51
Well done to all involved -ive just installed image and im very impressed-Everything is working well

Keep up the great work

Mart
27-09-10, 18:06
Thanks will try it out.

irishchris
27-09-10, 18:07
i'll see what i can do :)

EDIT: Fixed and now online, just do a software update :)

excellent mate! will update when get home. really excellent support on this image thanks

fulabeer
27-09-10, 18:20
Hi
Well i have to say this has been easy....(so far!)
Complete newbie, but you have made it so well that i haven't even opened the DUO manual.
So far
Installed VIX 1.1 via USB stick - rebooted.
Performed an update from the box over interweb. (loaded some of todays updates etc)
Then set tuners A-B
Added Cccam 2.1.4 from the menus
Added a bouquet from the menus.

I'm still waiting to install my dish, so i'm using an extra set of SKY (28.2)feeds for now.

Just one question, can i input Cccam settings directly into the box or do i have to use telnet/ftp from my PC?
(although i have no idea what i have to set yet and why! more reading to do on that subject LOL)
Cheers Paul

kunio
27-09-10, 18:31
Hi all,
it's possible to install BARRYALLEN on this really good image??

Past2Present
27-09-10, 18:46
Well if you find it such a good image you won`t be needed ba, just try it and let us know.

kunio
27-09-10, 18:50
i now for the moment the best image for Vu+ duo is VIX but i wont test others.

Mart
27-09-10, 19:04
Tryed the image and for me its the best, cheers

bluepeter
27-09-10, 19:07

Menu/setup/system/input devices

Oh what naughty boys you are, pmsl, now say after me three times - remove all references to dreambox/remove all references to dreambox/remove all references to dreambox

Nearly forgot to say - good image team ;)

can7
27-09-10, 20:18
great work all running fine for me thanks :)

stuattravs
27-09-10, 20:25
Finally changed over from openPLI and no hiccups yet, thanks to all involved

dfdream
27-09-10, 21:33
Excellent work lads.
Nice and simple but still has everything..
Smargo works perfectly too.

Well Done...

dfdream
27-09-10, 22:56
A few little questions...

1: Is the set as startup service option available, in pli it was in the menu options of any channel. ( I installed startup service but cant find a config)

2: Where is cron manager. I know there are mentions of cron in this tread but I cant find cron manager anywhere.

3: Is there an issue with sound in My TubePlayer

Thanks

D

bob1
28-09-10, 00:10

Thanks

D

Works fine for me, try rebooting if there is no sound.

lizard-king
28-09-10, 00:19

Thanks

D

sometimes you have to start videos 2 or 3 times and it works.;)

irishchris
28-09-10, 00:31
hi guys one more question. what is this panic button mentioned in your image. see it is enabled in my vix setup but how do i use it??

yngvekl
28-09-10, 00:39
press "0" on the remote... :)

micscave
28-09-10, 00:47
hi guys one more question. what is this panic button mentioned in your image. see it is enabled in my vixHowdo setup but how do i use it??

Howdo irishchris
The panic button instantly takes you to the first channel in your first bouquet, say BBC1. Useful to get back to your fixed dish tuner quickly if you're sat hopping with the motorised tuner. It's called a panic button because, well think about it ;)

delahzo
28-09-10, 02:34
Re: Sicilan and Sherlock

Yeah saw your earlier post too late. was just reporting for others.
I only use it for bitrate
Cheers!

delahzo
28-09-10, 02:35
Re andyblac and Sherlock

Wah!
I must read complete thread before posting!! (and remember how to quote too)

Thanks andyblac.

pooface
28-09-10, 08:41

1: Is the set as startup service option available, in pli it was in the menu options of any channel. ( I installed startup service but cant find a config)

2: Where is cron manager. I know there are mentions of cron in this tread but I cant find cron manager anywhere.

1. For startup service, you need to install it from the plugins panel. iirc, it's Plugins -> Download -> systemplugins -> startupservice. Once installed, go to your bouquets, select the highlight the channel you want to always start up on, and press menu button...

2. Cron manager just requires you to create the cron file called "root" in /etc/cron (iirc)

paul362
28-09-10, 09:38
Thank you guys for another great improvement of an already nice image.

pulsar68
28-09-10, 10:06
Hi. How can I manually install a package, for example .ipk, with this image? Thanks

Sicilian
28-09-10, 10:12
Hi. How can I manually install a package, for example .ipk, with this image? Thanks

FTP the package to /tmp

Then via telnet: -

ipkg install /tmp/packagename.ipk

irishchris
28-09-10, 10:13
i did not spot a way myself to install manually with this image but it could be there? you can install manually by putting in tmp folder and telnet the following command to your box ----- ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

edit: lol beat me to it sicilian :)

pulsar68
28-09-10, 11:52
Thanks but I can't install it... I don't know what am I going wrong. Wouldn't it be possible to put online the Dreamexplorer plugin? I used it in some other images and it's pretty good to manual install packages. Thanks again for reply

Sicilian
28-09-10, 12:05
Thanks but I can't install it... I don't know what am I going wrong. Wouldn't it be possible to put online the Dreamexplorer plugin? I used it in some other images and it's pretty good to manual install packages. Thanks again for reply

Do you have the ipk of Dreamexplorer?

pulsar68
28-09-10, 12:27
Do you have the ipk of Dreamexplorer?

Yes. Here it is

oblivian
28-09-10, 12:28
under plugins/extension is filebrowser ....it can delete, rename and install packages

Sistem.Prof.
28-09-10, 13:56
First of all, thank you for the image. Was a very beautiful image. Health in your hand.

Hiding in images, the channel would be prepared by the addition of new features.
Love from Turkey.

Mr. Mister
28-09-10, 16:10
Hi all..

Got a wee problem with the new image..

Each time i do a restart.. the Vu does not keep the cccam as default..

I always have to go back into cccam in menu on Vu and select cccam 2.1.4

Any help with this please.. ??

btw.. cool image again..and congratres and great work..

oblivian
28-09-10, 16:14
enable cam autostart in emu menu

Sicilian
28-09-10, 16:31
Yes. Here it is

As oblivian stated, filebrowser will do the same thing. Simply ftp the ipk you want to install to temp, then browse with filebroser, select the file by pressing ok, then you will get an option to install.

andymc1
28-09-10, 16:39
Thanks to all involved for this fantastic image. your hard work and expertise are greatly appreciated.

vu-duo-user
28-09-10, 18:28
With the first image I had a couple of green screens while I set up the basic settings. With this one none and what a great image for the second time out. Thanks to the VIX team. :)

digicell
28-09-10, 18:50
hi

can you please tell me whether on this image there is options to DELETE channels from the "All" List please? It would be great to have this especially if theres kids at home as i dont want them to watch adult content?

please confirm if this is the case on V1.1.?

Thanks

oblivian
28-09-10, 19:22
arrow down/menu/remove entry
but it's more simple from pc and programs like dreamset or dreambox edit

dfdream
28-09-10, 21:23
1. For startup service, you need to install it from the plugins panel. iirc, it's Plugins -> Download -> systemplugins -> startupservice. Once installed, go to your bouquets, select the highlight the channel you want to always start up on, and press menu button...

2. Cron manager just requires you to create the cron file called "root" in /etc/cron (iirc)

Pooface had that done.. Just required a reboot to see it.

Audio on mytube player worked fine too after reboot.

The issue with Cron is where by I want to use the VU to wake up my media PC from sleep with this util...

WakeOnLan/Mount/Shutdown Plugin

What is the main function of WakeOnLan/Mount/Shutdown plugin ?

This Plugin supports the remote power on, power off, mount and
unmount of a fileserver or an other dreambox manualy over the
remote control or on boot and schutdown of the dreambox.

Which requieries are important ?

- To start a coumputer remotly. You need wake on lan.
If you will put on your remote computer, the BIOS and your
networkinterface have to support wake on lan. I'm not shure,
if the dremboxes support wake on lan. My 7025 does not
work.

Which components would be installed ?

On The dreamboxes and the fileservers a deamon/service
would be executed, to check if the remote computer is
online and shutdown the remote computer.

Additional on the dreambox works a plugin to control
the remote comupers.

How works the WakeOnLan/Shutdown plugin installation ?

Installation on a dreambox:

0. download and copy wakelan_1.1-r2_mipsel.ipk und wol_1.0_mipsel.ipk
heruntladen to nach /tmp
1. Make a telnet login
2. ipkg install /tmp/install wakelan_1.1-r2_mipsel.ipk
3. ipkg install /tmp/wol_1.0_mipsel.ipk
4. reboot

Installation on a linuxserver:

0. download and copy wol.gz to /tmp
1. Make a telnet/ssh einloggen or open a terminal on your
graphical desktop
2. cd /
3. tar -xjvf /tmp/wol.gz
4. reboot

Installation on WindowsXP,2000, usw.

1. WakeOnLanSetup.msi herunterladen
2. Im Dateimanager WakeOnLanSetup.msi starten
3. Windiws neustarten

How can I configure the plugin ?

On the Linux/Windows server is no more configuration
nessesary.

Configuration on a Dreambox:

The configuration works with the wol.config command on
a telnet session. Enter simply wol.conf.

First you add a new remotecomputer. You need a
computername, the IP address and the MAC address.
You decide additionaly, if you wan't to put on or off this
computer remotly during boot and shutdown of the dreambox.
Optionaly you can add a remote NFS/SAMBA filesystem.

Haw can I calc the MAC address:

Linux: On a telnet session put in ifconfig.

Windows: Klick on start-execute, put in cmd and execute,
and put in "ipconfig /all"

How can I check the configuration ?

1. Make a telnet login
2. wolctl isonline <Remotecomputername>

If the remote computer is online, wolctl says "Server (<remote computername>) is online"
If the remote computer is offline, wolctl says "Server (rRemote computername>) is offline"

If the remote comuputer is online and wolctl says this computer is offline, then put
off your firewall shortly. Make a new online check. If the check works, put on
your firewall and open the port 25255 on the firewall for your local network. It's
important to check if this port is closed on the internet.

On the blue key of your remote control, you can check if the remote schutdown and
wake request works fine.

if the wake up request does'n work:

1. Check MAC-Adresse.
2. Check BIOS settings.
3. You can put a wake on lan request, with the following telnet command:
wakelan -m <MAC-Adresse, z.B. 00:A9:35:2B:C5:F0>

On Linux you can check the Wake On Lan posibilty with the following
telnet command:

ethtool eth0

The following output tells you that the Networkinterface supports wake on lan:

Supports Wake-on: pumbg
Wake-on: g

guff daddy
28-09-10, 22:24
So at half-time in the Arsenal match I thought "well, time to upgrade to the new VIX image".
I was finished by the time the second half started!

You guys are taking all the fun out of this hobby!!!

Seriously - great effort, this is becoming close to the perfect image. Once again, I'll ask - any chance of a port to the DM800??

Tyler
29-09-10, 00:20
Fantastic work guys.
Image keeps getting better and better.
If I only knew half of what ye had forgotten!!!
:-)

andyblac
29-09-10, 00:31
So at half-time in the Arsenal match I thought "well, time to upgrade to the new VIX image".
I was finished by the time the second half started!

You guys are taking all the fun out of this hobby!!!

Seriously - great effort, this is becoming close to the perfect image. Once again, I'll ask - any chance of a port to the DM800??

if you want buy us one, so i have dev box :roflmao:

fulabeer
29-09-10, 02:18
Hi Andy
I'm sure i read somewhere on here that you have added the latest "Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-58 West 20.09.2010" to the VIX v1.1 download server.
I've searched the bouquets and only the older 13.08.2010 is showing available.
Did i dream this or has it not happened yet? Thanks Paul

andyblac
29-09-10, 08:45
Hi Andy
I'm sure i read somewhere on here that you have added the latest "Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-58 West 20.09.2010" to the VIX v1.1 download server.
I've searched the bouquets and only the older 13.08.2010 is showing available.
Did i dream this or has it not happened yet? Thanks Paul

i think i must have just forgot to update the Description. i'll take a look

andyblac
29-09-10, 08:53
Fantastic work guys.
Image keeps getting better and better.
If I only knew half of what ye had forgotten!!!
:-)

if only i knew, half of what i don't know :D

shad0w
29-09-10, 13:05
Is DVDBurn working in this image?

shad0w
29-09-10, 16:39
I've found a Bug: The preinstalled DVDPlayer is stuttering when you're playing a DVD.

Maybe this files can help you...

promes
29-09-10, 17:25
please help with user and paswword for VIX v1.1 y can't use FTP

scp45
29-09-10, 17:29
Good afternoon friends installed this image in multiboot with barry allen and I VTI in flash, use Mbox / oscam just can not figure out what
the sites of the file where the meter does anyone have them installed emulators and tell me where to put them in certain places?

Thank you all.

wambam
29-09-10, 22:22
please help with user and paswword for VIX v1.1 y can't use FTP

root
username

max_gee
30-09-10, 01:39
not sure if this has been mentioned....

if you add a channel file from plugins, upon reboot all your tuner configurations have no satellites. Factory reset does not also help, you need to manually copy the satellites.xml file for them to come back.

sadlove
30-09-10, 12:52
did the drivers installed fix the 60Hz duplicated image problem ?
or its still as version 1.0 ?

i write an email to alex@vuplus.com but no answer from him

i hope they fix this problem

b.r.

BuKandar83
01-10-10, 03:55
WoW i just flash my box from new OpenPLi to ViX image i can't describe how is it but i can say it's

soft ,fast ,Light ,bug-less (hope) ,real OE1.6

If DMM has a GEMINI Team We Have ViX GREAT TEAM

VIVA Vu+ VIVA VIVA

THANK YOU :lifting: ViX TEAM :lifting: ALOT

2bagstew
01-10-10, 08:17
I just want to let you know this is a great image.
I flashed it without any problem, did all the updates & running a wireless connection.
It's a fine image & i want to thank all the ViX Team anybody else how had a hand in its making this work :):)
Kind Regards
Stew..

senadresen
01-10-10, 08:19
hi to all i just instaled this image on my vu+duo but i don see on network setup WLAN setup and i need for help for ECM TIME I see always ecm tim NAN thks

andyblac
01-10-10, 10:01
hi to all i just instaled this image on my vu+duo but i don see on network setup WLAN setup and i need for help for ECM TIME I see always ecm tim NAN thks

make sure you WLAN usb device is compatible, also the ECM time is a bug with CCcam and OE1.6 nothing we can do apart from wait for CCcam to fix it )

alpa
01-10-10, 11:17
I just tried your image, and must say that for a new team the image looks pretty solid. Great job guys.

I have only few questions.
-How can I change the actions of color buttong? (couldnot find multiquckbutton plugin anywhere)
-Is any way some other skins can work, like blue shadow, or similar...
-Ecm time is not being shown in default skin I use mgcamd.

Please add the plugin in the attachment in downloads, just installed it manualy and works great.

alpa
01-10-10, 11:43
Found a bug.
when using the superb DDamir subtitle player, you cannot take the name of the (event)title from epg.

Also if its possible to make the subtitles show like on pli images will be great.

papinder
01-10-10, 11:59

for cron what script say for Cccam and then how to activate that script ?
Would it not be good if a cron manager would be put in the image as a plugin or part of the menu. I am sure many would want that
Thanks

andyblac
01-10-10, 12:02
for cron what script say for Cccam and then how to activate that script ?
Would it not be good if a cron manager would be put in the image as a plugin or part of the menu. I am sure many would want that
Thanks

sorry i did not understand what problem you have, all softcams are handled by our Softcam manager, and don't use scripts

papinder
01-10-10, 12:05
say I have CCcam 2.13 and I want to restart it at 3 am in the morning how do I do that ?

andyblac
01-10-10, 12:45
I just tried your image, and must say that for a new team the image looks pretty solid. Great job guys.

I have only few questions.
-How can I change the actions of color buttong? (couldnot find multiquckbutton plugin anywhere)
-Is any way some other skins can work, like blue shadow, or similar...
-Ecm time is not being shown in default skin I use mgcamd.

Please add the plugin in the attachment in downloads, just installed it manualy and works great.

what does this do, that autoresolution does not ?, because that is in the feeds

papinder
01-10-10, 13:47
does the softcam manager have a possiblity to restart Cccam at a particular time ?

andyblac
01-10-10, 14:18
does the softcam manager have a possiblity to restart Cccam at a particular time ?

why ?, it checks every 30mins to make sure it is active and has not frozen

alpa
01-10-10, 15:50
what does this do, that autoresolution does not ?, because that is in the feeds

It's great for watching SD chanels on widescreen TV.
try it you will see what I mean.

papinder
01-10-10, 15:54
thats great but I would still want to make a cron job for same purpose

helios
01-10-10, 16:35
Keep on the gteat work m8's

is there any support for DVB-T tuners ?

oblivian
01-10-10, 17:05
:Dfound this plugin superb and its not on server...
if you guys want to add it

andyblac
01-10-10, 17:06
:Dfound this plugin superb and its not on server...
if you guys want to add it

cheers, does it work 100%

MyB5
01-10-10, 17:50

AspectRatioSwitch

Alpha,

How to install this plugin? I want to test it...

oblivian
01-10-10, 21:10
cheers, does it work 100%

sure m8 it works 100%

rockerduck
01-10-10, 22:43
Is it possible to add the Brushed Alu skin? (Not the black mod one... but the classic alu, thanks)

alpa
01-10-10, 23:05
AspectRatioSwitch

Alpha,

How to install this plugin? I want to test it...

just put it into:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions
and than restart enigma.

GiP
02-10-10, 12:24
Hi,

I was tryimg to stop a recording, and it seems that the only way is from the timers list with "delete", but this erases the timer completely even if it is a daily or weekly, so I have to recreate it. Is there another way? If not, could you add a "stop" button to active timers, or leave the "disable" on for this purpose?

Thanks,
GiP

andyblac
02-10-10, 12:32
Hi,

I was tryimg to stop a recording, and it seems that the only way is from the timers list with "delete", but this erases the timer completely even if it is a daily or weekly, so I have to recreate it. Is there another way? If not, could you add a "stop" button to active timers, or leave the "disable" on for this purpose?

Thanks,
GiP

sorry dont understand what you mean. are you trying to cancel a timer ? or stop a manual recording ?

djheaven
02-10-10, 12:46
Hi there.
Thang's for the great img..
But, why dont the img suport meoboot?
Can the team pleas add the meoboot to download server?

bosspapy
02-10-10, 13:09
CCcam 2.1.3
CCcam 2.1.4
MGcamd 1.35a
Oscam.

SCAM 3.59 Tnx

GiP
02-10-10, 13:17
sorry dont understand what you mean. are you trying to cancel a timer ? or stop a manual recording ?

I wanted to stop a recording started by the timer, without deleting the timer itself.

GiP

rockerduck
02-10-10, 13:45
One thing I missed after installing VIX image (hope it's correct english) is the "Blue Panel".
Could be useful a "VIX panel" with Cam manager, Image utilities, Mount Manager, Skin chooser, etc.
What do you think about a forum poll to choose the most useful extensions to put in the panel?

[the Brushed Alu HD skin is always on my mind as well :D ]

btw is really a big and good work the Team is doing... great...!

Dodde
02-10-10, 13:55
Hello...Thanks for a great img, i miss meoboot and pauli keymap

andyblac
02-10-10, 15:42
I wanted to stop a recording started by the timer, without deleting the timer itself.

GiP

you can't, that the same with all image as far as i know.

andyblac
02-10-10, 15:43
One thing I missed after installing VIX image (hope it's correct english) is the "Blue Panel".
Could be useful a "VIX panel" with Cam manager, Image utilities, Mount Manager, Skin chooser, etc.
What do you think about a forum poll to choose the most useful extensions to put in the panel?

[the Brushed Alu HD skin is always on my mind as well :D ]

btw is really a big and good work the Team is doing... great...!

please dont post same statement in multiple threads.

GiP
02-10-10, 17:11
you can't, that the same with all image as far as i know.

Well, that's a surprise. I thought it was something simple to do. Inconvenient, but still a small price to pay....

Thanks.

micscave
02-10-10, 18:22
If it's just a single event timer then you only get the option to delete. If however you've set a repeat daily or weekly timer then you get options, the first being delete current event without deleting coming events on this timer.

hope this helps

fulabeer
02-10-10, 18:35
I've not tried it, but couldn't you vist the recording channel and press the record button?(since it is already recording, the worse it could do is carry on recording, hopefully it will stop it!)
I'm only suggesting trying this as this is how my SKY HD box works if i want to stop a current recording etc....Paul

sonc
03-10-10, 11:29
Hi,

On the Plugins Browser screen (Menu -> Plugins) I can see 10 plugins on the first page, but I can only go down to the 9th. When I go to the 10th the browser goes to page 2, where the 10th and 11th are shown.

I can access the plugin from page 2, no problem. This is v1.1.
Cheers,
Sonc.

Stanman
03-10-10, 11:39
Hi,

Thanks,
GiP

If you set it up via atutotimer, you can delete that entry but it will still carry on picking up future showings.

rockerduck
03-10-10, 11:49
For those having a cut summary in channel list as below (sky it uses that maximum numer of lines):

open (with a unix compatible editor) the following file:
/usr/share/enigma2/Vu_HD_plus/skin.xml

find the line (should be #770):

<widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="670,480" size="560,140" font="Regular; 22" backgroundColor="black" foregroundColor="window-fg" transparent="0" valign="top">

change the following value
font="Regular; 22"
to
font="Regular; 20"

now the summary should appear as follows:

GiP
03-10-10, 12:01
If it's just a single event timer then you only get the option to delete. If however you've set a repeat daily or weekly timer then you get options, the first being delete current event without deleting coming events on this timer.

hope this helps

YES! I have to chose "disable" and then I get the options. I don't know why I didn't try it the first time....

Thanks to all.

Gip

cozmo
04-10-10, 20:35
hi i changed my libgcc_s.so.1 file in lib folder on vix 1.1 to get the emc time working before i had read it had problems and didnt backup the orig file can someone plz upload the orig libgcc_s.so.1 file from the vix 1.1 so that i dont have to reinstall the image to get it back

thanks

Cozmo

MyB5
04-10-10, 21:50
hi i changed my libgcc_s.so.1 file in lib folder on vix 1.1 to get the emc time working before i had read it had problems and didnt backup the orig file can someone plz upload the orig libgcc_s.so.1 file from the vix 1.1 so that i dont have to reinstall the image to get it back

thanks

Cozmo
Here you go..I also want to see ECM time instead of "nan". Did the "fix" slowed it down to much or other probs?

cozmo
05-10-10, 09:56
MyB5 not 100% sure yet but think its affecting other people did see any slow down my end but there defo a problem with other pepole just hope its this file it all i have left i can think

and thanks for the file very greatfull saved me a longer job :)

Cozmo

pulsar68
05-10-10, 11:12
Hi. Is it possible to use Magic EHD skin on this image? thanks

Sicilian
05-10-10, 13:11
Hi. Is it possible to use Magic EHD skin on this image? thanks

Doubt it, that was specifically put together for OpenPLi.

Dodde
05-10-10, 16:20
Hello .. i have try this LT6 HD Skin that I think is a beautiful skin , and it seems to work ok, i only miss PIG in Coolepg , can anyone else try maybe i have missed something , i found it on another board.And many thanks to author for this beautiful skin

Dodde
05-10-10, 16:40
Here is another plugin that's I like, just ftp to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

its make remotecontrol as neutrino

Hamram
05-10-10, 21:25
Any news regarding gbox..?

andyblac
05-10-10, 22:59
Here is another plugin that's I like, just ftp to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

its make remotecontrol as neutrino

if you guy's want a plugin adding to the feeds you need to attached the ipk this (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2763-Plugin-s-that-are-not-in-ViX-feeds.) thread, we are not going go to look for them all over the place, BUT make sure they are working 100% before posting them.

and only IPK's please no rar's, zip's or anything else, links to them in the download section are find as well , i will just delete them else, you have been warned.

thanks
andy

rob76
06-10-10, 21:56
Hi all,

Well done for the VIX image, I've played around with it for a few minutes and it's very very neat and uncluttered. I've hit a bit of a snag however and hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm setup with 3 LNBs for hotbird, astra and sky so after installing the image I set the tuners up for these (simple for tuner A and loop through for tuner B) and this was all fine. I then downloaded ccam and that also installed well. Before I got to try the sky card with the ccam I came across the Sky UK bouqet in the download section so I thought I'll set this up too and this is where I got stuck. While downloading the Sky UK bouquet the installation seemed to got stuck during the configuring of the fiels that had just been downloaded and this was stuck for about 5 mins. SO I switched off the box from the main power and rebooted but now I found that all the satellites had gone and I couldn't add them again. I tried reinstalling the image from the usb but when I restarted the box it did not read from the usb. I also tried a factory reset but this didn't help either. Have I made myself a very expensive paper weight?

Thanks in advance

Rob

grtmoby
06-10-10, 22:03
no not at all, hopefully.

disconnect all peripherals (hdd, usb at rear, network cable) and unplug the box for like 5 minutes then try again.

i would suggest to format the usb again and freshly move the files over to it.

after these 5 minutes plug the installaion usb only and start up the box

rob76
06-10-10, 22:09
OK giving that a go. Do I need to disconnect the internal hdd too?

grtmoby
06-10-10, 22:10
OK giving that a go. Do I need to disconnect the internal hdd too?

well, it is better if u did

rob76
06-10-10, 22:19
OK doing that know. while waiting for the 5 minutes... do you know why this happened? i.e. is it normal for the bouquet installation to crash or had it not crashed at all and I should have left it for longer? Also, when the Sky bouquet installs properly, does it delete all the non sky satellites from the config or was this just an artifact of me pulling the plug on the installation?

rob76
06-10-10, 22:33
Just followed those steps but no joy. The usb stick flashed for a little bit during loading but that was it. The box didn't try to install the new image even though the usb stick is freshly formatted. Any other tips?

Also tried flashing with a VTI image and nothing happened. Beginning to worry now :(

grtmoby
06-10-10, 22:46
do u have another usb, sometimes these drives can get faulty out of the blues

micscave
06-10-10, 22:47
Try a different usb stick. The one i always use wouldn't work with this image but one that never used to work did.
Worth a go.

Tyler
06-10-10, 23:04
Hi gortmoby,
I loaded lastest image and it worked perfectly.
I was given an older image to load to see picons etc.
When inreloaded new image again and set up three sattlites that I use they all downloaded fine but when I went into sattlites there was only 2 in there.
I reloaded it several times still only picking up 2 satellites.
Any ideas bud ?

grtmoby
06-10-10, 23:05
have a look at ur tuners settings.... is it correct

rob76
07-10-10, 07:08
wow...just tried another usb stick and it worked like a dream!! unbelievable how one that worked 30mins earlier wasn't recognised anymore!

Thanks guys...more questions to follow I'm sure :)

Tyler
07-10-10, 07:25
Ya sat setup is correct
It scans and brings in all 3 sats but when I exit setup there are only 2 in the sat menu.
I can't figure it out as it work perfectly the first time I installed it.

delahzo
07-10-10, 09:23
Here you go..I also want to see ECM time instead of "nan". Did the "fix" slowed it down to much or other probs?

I've been trying it for the past 5 days and I notice no slowdowns or weird behaviour so far.
I have had the 'hourglass' busy box sign a few times but that has happened with out using the old file.
Menus aren't slower, no greenscreens. So far!

What are the problems others were having? Just so I can look out for them.

Of course, anyone who tries this please, please use VIXs built-in Image Mnager to safely keep an entire backup of your image/settings before doing anything!

My setup:
Vu+Duo
Motor Sat 5W-42E
Fixed Sat 28.2E
HDMI
Internal HDD 1TB
USB 16GB
Wireless Dongle
LAN Connection
VIX v1.1C
CCam 2.1.4

oblivian
07-10-10, 09:23
@Tyler
tell us more about your sat config ie. simple or advance etc
what is a path of satellites.xml in dreamset or dreambox edit?

oblivian
07-10-10, 09:29
one question to sicilian or andyblac
never before have problems with backup and restoring of DE and VTI images but with Vix backup i can't boot my box into image
tried flashing from usb or from the image option restore

Tyler
07-10-10, 09:54
Hi guys,
I am using simple setup with disc abcd
A is thor
B is astra 13
C is 28.2 sky uk
D is nothing selected.
All sats download fine, then when i go to sats only astra 13 and 28 there no Thor.

rob76
07-10-10, 12:17
That's similar to the problem I had last night but I was only getting Astra 28. Not sure this is a symptom for the same problem but I only managed to fix it by reflashing.

hth

Rob

Sicilian
07-10-10, 13:11
@ Tyler, check your satellites.xml file.

@ oblivion, think it maybe a bug in the image restore process.

Tyler
07-10-10, 19:17
Hi sic,
Where will I find the satellite XML file?
I tried to restore image from my harddrive in the vu put it failed to reboot it reloads but then it restarts but just hangs in restart.
I reformatted my USB and reinstalled the image new but I still have the same problem.

superplakis
07-10-10, 19:43
CCcam 2.1.3
CCcam 2.1.4
MGcamd 1.35a
Oscam.

sbox
mbox 04

support for dvb-t

thx

Tyler
07-10-10, 21:52
Grtmoby.
I could do with some ideas bud

grtmoby
07-10-10, 21:58
satellites.xml is found in /var/tuxbox

Tyler
07-10-10, 22:24
And"" what do I do with it?

grtmoby
07-10-10, 22:28
try to replace your file with the one in the attachment, restart the box and tell us how it goes.

Tyler
07-10-10, 22:46
Buddie thanks,

Just before u sent it I tried for about 10th time to restore the image and finally it worked.
I really appreciate all your help.
Your a topper :-)

grtmoby
07-10-10, 22:47
Buddie thanks,

Just before u sent it I tried for about 10th time to restore the image and finally it worked.
I really appreciate all your help.
Your a topper :-)

glad it is all sorted now
so now u can sleep while being happy :D

Tyler
07-10-10, 23:06
Before ur finished with me I'll be an Expert.
Thanks again

superplakis
08-10-10, 10:51
this image is for me "the best" but i need "USB TDT Avermedia Black Volar HD" :(

hummer66
08-10-10, 20:50
Is the haulage dvb-t working with vix 1.1

grtmoby
08-10-10, 20:57
Is the haulage dvb-t working with vix 1.1

no not working m8

papinder
10-10-10, 13:03
is oscam on the addons server with CCcam 2.1.3 ?

Sicilian
10-10-10, 14:13
is oscam on the addons server with CCcam 2.1.3 ?

Both Oscam and CCcam2.1.3 are there.

Pat Hart
11-10-10, 17:19
I am relativly new to this system
I have a VU+duo, I have loaded the new VIX 1.1 image and am usind an HDMI cable to link to my HD ready TV. Even the loading screens are cropped with half of the V in the VIX logo dissapearing of the left of the screen and a similar cropping appears to be on the right side also. If I reduce the screen setting from 16:9 to 4:3 the same cropping is still there. I assume I'm getting some simple setting wrong but I cannot find / don't know which one or how to change it. All help would be much appreciated.

superplakis
11-10-10, 19:25
I am relativly new to this system
I have a VU+duo, I have loaded the new VIX 1.1 image and am usind an HDMI cable to link to my HD ready TV. Even the loading screens are cropped with half of the V in the VIX logo dissapearing of the left of the screen and a similar cropping appears to be on the right side also. If I reduce the screen setting from 16:9 to 4:3 the same cropping is still there. I assume I'm getting some simple setting wrong but I cannot find / don't know which one or how to change it. All help would be much appreciated.

me too guy!!!!

yngvekl
11-10-10, 20:48
Overscan issue?

Pat Hart
11-10-10, 20:56
Overscan issue?

does this mean it fixable - seem to remember seeing 'overscan' on some menu somwere. Anybody know where?

Stanman
11-10-10, 21:49
No in front of the dup but there are settings in the vix part of the menu, i think they may be under skin or image but is deff they

Pat Hart
11-10-10, 21:56
I knew I'd seen it somewhere

In the Menu/setup/VIX/Skin Settings/Menu Overscan amount - this is initially 40 but can be edited - increase to say 100 and the menus, after a GUI reboot, no longer fall off the edge. However, the bouquet menus and the start up screens are still cropped loosing half the V in the VIX logo

darken9
16-10-10, 10:30
I was a bit greedy when I choose all the sources in the RyVIX EPG and would like to erase the epg data and start again. Where is it saved?

Also is this thread the only one to ask ViX related questions? Its getting pretty big.

grtmoby
16-10-10, 10:54
I was a bit greedy when I choose all the sources in the RyVIX EPG and would like to erase the epg data and start again. Where is it saved?

Also is this thread the only one to ask ViX related questions? Its getting pretty big.

the epg data should be saved on your hdd.

to as VIX related questions, there is a whole dedicated sub forum for it :D
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?156-ViX-Team-Image-Talk

darken9
16-10-10, 12:12
the epg data should be saved on your hdd

Cheers, but can you be more specific, where exactly on the hdd is it?

Stanman
16-10-10, 12:19
FTP into your hard drive and it should be in the base directory rather than any sub folders. I use CrossEPG and this is normally a folder on the HDD, but when I used to use RYVIX it was just an EPG file in HDD.

Messi
19-10-10, 16:12
Hi, which line in skin.xml I must to modify for it show Tuner-C DVB-T instead Tuner C ?
Thanks

urgoz
20-10-10, 16:16
How can i reach the subchannels in VIX (for example Sky Germany Sport, Sky Germany Select)?

enonboy
23-10-10, 15:23
Hi there-apologies in advance if this appears to be a silly question or if has been asked before,is there any way that I can receive the fta digital ie-I live in ireland and would love to receive the terrestial digital channels through the box?If yes,is it possible to record same while watching another sat channel.

Thanks for any help

MyB5
23-10-10, 22:03
How can i reach the subchannels in VIX (for example Sky Germany Sport, Sky Germany Select)?

Yes, I wonder that too...

andyblac
30-10-10, 00:02
Yes, I wonder that too...

what are sub channels ?

pooface
30-10-10, 06:33
what are sub channels ?

They're the channels that you can get to from within a channel. i.e. The Sky Select PPV channels. Only image I've used them on was dream-elite. Do any other images wprk with them?