PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak for iOS 6 untethered finally out!

irishchris
04-02-13, 18:37
Those looking to jailbreak their iOS devices can rejoice, since a new tool named Evasi0n has just been released by the Evad3rs team which allows for an iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak on almost all of the devices.Team Evad3rs was established earlier this year, combines some of the jailbreak community’s most talented developers: Nikias Bassen (Pimskeks), Planetbeing (David Wang), France-based Pod2g (Cyril) and Los Angeles-based MuscleNerd; all known for producing reliable jailbreaks in the past. This team was assembled in order to develop a reliable untethered jailbreak for iOS 6 for post-A5 devices, including the iPhone 5, the iPad mini and the latest-generation iPad. This has now been achieved with the just-released userland jailbreak tool, known as Evasi0n.

The following devices are supported by this tool:
iPhone 5
iPhone 4S
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPad 4
iPad 3
iPad 2
iPad mini
iPod touch 4
iPod touch 5

iOS firmware versions supported by Evasi0n:
iOS 6.0
iOS 6.0.1
iOS 6.0.2
iOS 6.1

Out of all new iOS devices, only the Apple TV 3 is not currently supported, although here’s to hope that a new tool will be developed soon that supports it.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-6-untethered-with-evasi0n-windows-mac-linux/

mcquaim
04-02-13, 18:40
Pity abou the ATV3, been wanting to buy another for ages for XBMC but not gonna pay the current prices...

pooface
04-02-13, 19:41
Can finally update the iPad now... Now, gotta work out how to upgrade and jailbreak without loosing data, as not updated a jailbreak before :p hehe

irishchris
04-02-13, 20:52
Can finally update the iPad now... Now, gotta work out how to upgrade and jailbreak without loosing data, as not updated a jailbreak before :p hehe

just updating my ipad mate from 5.1.1 jailbreak. hoping have done right! backed up ipad in itunes. then pressed on restore ipad which brings it up to 6.1. now going running evasion. fingers crossed lol

pooface
04-02-13, 21:02
just updating my ipad mate from 5.1.1 jailbreak. hoping have done right! backed up ipad in itunes. then pressed on restore ipad which brings it up to 6.1. now going running evasion. fingers crossed lol

Let us know how it goes ;)

irishchris
04-02-13, 21:47
Let us know how it goes ;)

pretty straightforward. once i restored in itunes to the latest 6.1 i ran evasion and it detected the ipad straight away and did its work in about 5 mins,

just restarted now and all seems fine mate!

twol
05-02-13, 10:13
pretty straightforward. once i restored in itunes to the latest 6.1 i ran evasion and it detected the ipad straight away and did its work in about 5 mins,

just restarted now and all seems fine mate!
I have a jailbroken 5.0 IPAD 2 which has worked well, and there are about 6 apps that I consider essential like cursor control, but non-Apple updates stopped about 4 months ago. when they took down one of the major app sites.
What do you get or have access to with this jailbreak??????

im85288
05-02-13, 10:28
What do you get or have access to with this jailbreak??????

Basically you get all of the IOS6 features..such as better facebook integration, faster safari, do not disturb feature etc

Raitsa
05-02-13, 10:29
I have a jailbroken 5.0 IPAD 2...non-Apple updates stopped about 4 months ago...

Install this with your Ipad browser:

http://v.appvv.com/en/

irishchris
05-02-13, 10:29
lots but the essential one for me is xbmc

im85288
05-02-13, 10:39
lots but the essential one for me is xbmc

You could get this on iOS5 too.

josh_g
05-02-13, 10:54
im having a mare with mine.. the sources for pkgbackup where down last night so am in the process of upgrading all my tweaks as i have only just got it working!!

irishchris
05-02-13, 11:58
You could get this on iOS5 too.

sorry misread that you were looking for the advantage of jailbreaking of which xbmc is the main one for me as you will not obviously get it with stock firmware.

irishchris
05-02-13, 12:00
im having a mare with mine.. the sources for pkgbackup where down last night so am in the process of upgrading all my tweaks as i have only just got it working!!

yea due to excessive traffic on their servers but thankfully as the americans are in bed now the servers are back up and running great :D

dfdream
05-02-13, 12:39
Question:
A mate has a 3GS that came from AT&T and its on 4.1 and rooted and unlocked with Cydia.
Whats best option to get to 6.1 and unlocked.
Will he loose his settings and apps and unlock if he does and upgrade to 6.1 in iTunes and then run Evasi0n.
What app is needed to unlock once cydia is loaded.
Sorry for all the questions but Im not an apple user...

josh_g
05-02-13, 13:16
all is well in the world except it keeps dropping connection from my dropbox.. i will get there!!

@dfdream it would be best do a full restore to 6.1 then jailbreak with evasion and downgrade bassband to unlock.

would have to back up to itunes for all apps and then use pkgbackup to back up cydia apps

Google 'iphone dev blog' guides and help can be found there

Sicilian
10-02-13, 08:32
Worked sweet on iphone 5 :D

TK4|2|1
10-02-13, 09:10
I've always jail broken in the past, don't know if I can be bothered any more, but I do miss customizing my lock screens with live weather etc. hmmmm what to do???

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Sicilian
10-02-13, 09:40
customizing my lock screens with live weather etc.

Hows that done?

TK4|2|1
10-02-13, 10:02
There are lock screen themes, activated by winterboard. You enter your yahoo weather location code in the HTML file and hey presto. Some themes started to experiment with GPS updated screens too. Head over to Modmyi web site.
I had a couple of windows phone 7 style lock screens in Dropbox but it appears I've deleted them. I'll have a rummage on my nas see if I've got any there for you to try.

twol
10-02-13, 11:15
I've always jail broken in the past, don't know if I can be bothered any more, but I do miss customizing my lock screens with live weather etc. hmmmm what to do???
Yep, thought about it, but this jailbreak is so easy and I love my cursor control - Swipeselection (I am a bad typer :), SBsettings pull down, retina pad, double AT and multiconmover , so all done, even my wifes.

TK4|2|1
10-02-13, 14:56
So i decided to do my 4s, installed PKGBackup to get my themes back, but it doesn't work for some reason getting 404 error from Dropbox??? *scratchhead*

josh_g
10-02-13, 15:22
So i decided to do my 4s, installed PKGBackup to get my themes back, but it doesn't work for some reason getting 404 error from Dropbox??? *scratchhead*

i had the same problem so i copied the folder from drop box to skydrive and did it that way :)

TK4|2|1
10-02-13, 15:43
i had the same problem so i copied the folder from drop box to skydrive and did it that way :)

Awesome..........I'll try that.

khan888
22-03-13, 18:47
*UPDATE*

Now supports up to ios 6.1.2

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-6.1.2-untethered-on-iphone-5-4s-ipod-touch-and-all-other-devices-using-evasi0n-tutorial/

Stanman
22-03-13, 21:12
Please do not post live link, wrap them in html