PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Remote Timer Feature Request.

dfdream
04-02-13, 16:35
Ive been using the remote time function for years now and find it excellent.

I love the way that when I want to set a recording on my DUO and there is no tuner available I just switch the remotetimer from No to Yes and voila the recording goes to my solo straight away.

In the next update one nice thing would be if access to the remote timers could either appear in the schedule list with local scheduled recordings or in the same window that there would be a button assigned to show the remote scheduled recordings rather than having to exit the local recordings and go to the remote recordings list via the Blue button.

Actually it would be nice to see local and remote timers in one list with some indicator of local or remote and to be able to hide the remote ones if you didnt want to see them.

Excellent work as always....

andyblac
04-02-13, 19:45
Ive been using the remote time function for years now and find it excellent.

I love the way that when I want to set a recording on my DUO and there is no tuner available I just switch the remotetimer from No to Yes and voila the recording goes to my solo straight away.

In the next update one nice thing would be if access to the remote timers could either appear in the schedule list with local scheduled recordings or in the same window that there would be a button assigned to show the remote scheduled recordings rather than having to exit the local recordings and go to the remote recordings list via the Blue button.

Actually it would be nice to see local and remote timers in one list with some indicator of local or remote and to be able to hide the remote ones if you didnt want to see them.

Excellent work as always....

the way i do it is use RemoteStreamConvert to create a remeote bouquet then add your favs channels as 'Alternates' into your normal bouquet. now with ViX AutoTimers and normal Timers can use these remote alternates as tuner to record your events ;)

dfdream
04-02-13, 20:58
Thanks Andy, I was doing that (recording stream) but the Solo gets really slow when OH is watching a recording and Im streaming HD channel to my DUO.
In the Timer Menu the TV button is not in use and maybe could be assigned to bring up the Remote Timer Menu..

D

the way i do it is use RemoteStreamConvert to create a remeote bouquet then add your favs channels as 'Alternates' into your normal bouquet. now with ViX AutoTimers and normal Timers can use these remote alternates as tuner to record your events ;)