PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Hard drive format with timeshift errors

skinnymat
04-02-13, 08:42
Struggling to sort out my hard drive in my Uno. It is a drive from out of a Sky Hd box. It shows up and I can mount it ok and set up the recording path fine and it records to it ok but when i try to timeshift it says the hard drive is the wrong format and something about ex2 ex3 and ex4.

I was going to format it in windows but not sure how to do and what to format it to.

I am running Vix latest image 599 i think.

Anyone any ideas.

Thanks

mickyblueys
04-02-13, 12:51
You have to let you're STB format the hdd, for timeshift to work.then re mount it.

Menu- setup-system-hard disc-initialise

then back into mount manager to mount correctly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

skinnymat
04-02-13, 13:37
Thanks. I will try it later when I get home.

skinnymat
04-02-13, 23:37
Tried what you said and timeshift is working now but when I try to record with timer or red button it says disk is full.

skinnymat
05-02-13, 18:58
Recording paths had changed for some reason. Changed them again and now everything seems ok.

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 19:05
Nice one

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
05-02-13, 19:56
One more thing to consider here too ( although it may not be inline with your setup ).

If you have the Tspanel installed reflash and setup again without it, the reason i say this is because Tspanel overwrites many image critical system files making it not only a nuisance but almost impossible to fully remove, it is also know to cause problems with the image such as timeshift problems ( which is why we removed it from our image feeds ).

skinnymat
05-02-13, 23:39
One more thing to consider here too ( although it may not be inline with your setup ).

If you have the Tspanel installed reflash and setup again without it, the reason i say this is because Tspanel overwrites many image critical system files making it not only a nuisance but almost impossible to fully remove, it is also know to cause problems with the image such as timeshift problems ( which is why we removed it from our image feeds ).

Yes I have tspanel installed. I will see how it goes and if there are any more problems I will reflash with a new image.

Larry-G
05-02-13, 23:47
Yes I have tspanel installed. I will see how it goes and if there are any more problems I will reflash with a new image.

well that may or may not be your problem but as i said from our testing we discovered that the Tspanel did not play nice with the image and did indeed produce problems specifically with time shifting.