PDA

View Full Version : best plugins

chucknorris666
03-02-13, 19:38
hello everyone new to luinx boxes got the solo2 and im really impressed with it, can you guys recommend the best plugins to use to get the most out of my reviever as there are so many to chose from thanks

dfdream
03-02-13, 20:38
Any of the on demand players are a good start..
iplayer / itv player etc.
They will no doubt get some interface work but thats not important when they work so well.
I have them on duo and solo. On solo its a bit under powered if you are recording as well, this wont be an issue for you on a solo2...

mickyblueys
03-02-13, 20:45
Any of the on demand players are a good start..
iplayer / itv player etc.
They will no doubt get some interface work but thats not important when they work so well.
I have them on duo and solo. On solo its a bit under powered if you are recording as well, this wont be an issue for you on a solo2...

I believe they've been taken off the feeds for a while until Rogerthis has completed further improvements.
You will have to search this site for them manually until they are activated in feeds again.....I believe.

Ice films is a plugin people rave about, it is for streaming movies to you're stb. (legality issue for another day though):p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

chucknorris666
03-02-13, 21:55
thanks guys downloaded ice movies and 1chanel two grate plugins will try some on demand players next

mickyblueys
03-02-13, 22:07
I'd delete 1 channel if I was you, it is very unstable, and will crash you're box every time you choose a movie from the list that has been removed.

chucknorris666
03-02-13, 22:12
yes it crashed when i was searching for old tv shows. and a lot of films i was trying to play would not play, will this be fixed anytime soon? think i will delete till its more stable

mickyblueys
03-02-13, 22:14
Doubt it been like that for ages, anyway ice films was written by same person........ I believe, and that's his new one so I reckon that is the one which will be updated

chucknorris666
03-02-13, 22:26
ok thanks pal

dondom
05-02-13, 22:37
any other good plugins guys?

dfdream
06-02-13, 08:08
If you have 2 boxes remote stream convert and remote timer are 2 good ones..

remote stream convert allows you to view a channel from another box if you dont have a spare tuner locally. It also allows you to stream channels from another receiver that has access to more satelites.

Remote Timer allows you to send a scduled recording to another box if you have no available tuner conflicts on the local box.

any other good plugins guys?

suriansat
07-02-13, 23:26
I've seen a plugin for "backup dvd". It would be interesting but I've not tried, not yet. I'd know how it works and how transfer data from dvd to stb...

Which is the best plugin for youtube player?

chucknorris666
10-02-13, 18:24
Is there any way to get ice movies to play with out pausing and stopping all time my Internet is turd and won't stream them without pausing all time

andy2110
17-02-13, 13:15
is there a plugin that would be availble to stream stuff from my pc to the box? as i stream to my tvs with allshare, and my blu ray players via the home server also with PS3 server running on my pc.

Rob van der Does
18-02-13, 05:32
is there a plugin that would be availble to stream stuff from my pc to the box? as i stream to my tvs with allshare, and my blu ray players via the home server also with PS3 server running on my pc.
No plugin is needed at all: just mount your PC's drive and all files are available for playback.
You can also use the DNLA-browser, if your devices support that.

Rob van der Does
18-02-13, 05:46
I've seen a plugin for "backup dvd". It would be interesting but I've not tried, not yet. I'd know how it works and how transfer data from dvd to stb...
A DVD-player can be mounted. Also the contents of a DvD can be copied (or as ISO-file) to the STB's HDD.

Which is the best plugin for youtube player?
The plugin MediaPortal is available via the feeds: that has an youtube player embedded.

andy2110
18-02-13, 13:11
No plugin is needed at all: just mount your PC's drive and all files are available for playback.
You can also use the DNLA-browser, if your devices support that.

hi, thanks for the reply.

How would i mount my pcs drive on a duo?