PDA

View Full Version : 40east - Russian channels

elsterz
26-09-10, 16:04
Recently bought a Vu+ Duo and am experiementing with it on my motorised system.
Can someone advise me on the settings I need to watch the Russian channels on 40E, these are dvb-s not s2 ...does Vu+ support this? When I do a scan I am not finding any services and am wondering what I am doing wrong...thanks

kegrka
26-09-10, 18:44
hi
depend where your located , if your trying to get the NTV package on 12303 tp 31 as far as i can tell there on the russian beam. if you are within it reach you should get them ,if you live say UK side of the beam then no as it appaers to stop at the top of Germany/poland. there are russian channels easy to recieve within europe . check out the beams to see where you get the best dBW ,then it a matter of if there FTA,
yes I know thing can be got with big dishes , etc but i assume standard 90cm .

elsterz
26-09-10, 19:11
i'm on a 1m dish and live in cheshire. I was hoping to pick up the 10967, I seem to be in the footprint, but I suppose my question was more can the Vu+ decode DVB-S (1) ?

pooface
26-09-10, 22:49
Vu duo can receive dvb-s, as that is the standard used by most satellite channels. dvb-s2 is usually used for hd channels...

So, it is dependant on whether you can actually receive that satellite... Other problem could be whether the channel you are wanting to receive is fta or not...

Not go that sat in my list atm, so can't check, sorry...

elsterz
26-09-10, 23:10
yeah, its looking like a footprint issue :(
I was really hoping to get tp 10967 on my gibertini 1m...

jusaju
26-09-10, 23:11
Hi
Yes, no problem with vu 10967 v/10995v at 40E.I can watch them.

They are dvb-s mpeg4 fta (and biss) transmissions.

With dvb-s receiver you can get sound and need dvb-s2 receiver to get a picture also.

(of course dvb-s receivers are working also with help of computer..ex.using vlc, or can open them also by dvb-cards).

So I think that was good news :)
Bad news are that you need much bigger dish :(

elsterz
26-09-10, 23:25
I was really hoping a 1m would be OK, but looks like I need a 1.2 ....

kegrka
27-09-10, 16:48
Ther are some russian speaking chanels on 53e which are in the clear and i get on my 90 here in sunny leicester, ostankina which is the one with a big 1 in right hand corner .but i believe this channel as been taken over so not sure what its called now , (as its name suggest its the last one or whats left) there are planty of FTA Ukrainian channels round 5e and 4 w (amos) which do carry the News in russian and some russian programes, plenty of pop music in russian on their music channels, hope this helps

elsterz
27-09-10, 21:00
thanks alot guys, it seems that 40East is slightly below the arc and is a bit of a b*gger to get...